When Did You Start Watching The Voice?

Cookie73

When Did You Start Watching The Voice  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What year did you start watching

Because this is the 10th Anniversary of The Voice, I want to know how much of that time you have been there for. I know that many viewers started watching much later than I did

I first discovered the show during Season 3, so I have memories of some of the older performances (though I didn’t watch much from S6 Lives to S8), but I began to watch it more consistently around Season 9. 

Also, who are some of your earliest favorite contestants? Which contestants got you to become invested in the show?

The first Voice performance I watched iirc was Sarah Simmons’ audition, so 2013. I only watched the performances on YT though so I wasn’t really invested on the show. Then I found idolforums when S9 was on, and only then I became fully invested (didn’t become an active poster until CO-VID though)

My earliest favorites were Sarah S, Judith, Michelle and Matthew S.

My history of watching The Voice (feel free to write yours too if you want)

I used to mainly watch the earlier seasons for the Blind Auditions, and didn’t remember much from later rounds.

I stated that S3 was my first season, but I only occasionally watched it (I was busy at night during the time)

Season 4 is the first time when one of my favorites got eliminated because of a bad song choice (Judith Hill). I didn’t care too much afterwards (but I also didn’t completely know how singing shows worked)

Season 5 is my all time favorite season because of the memorable Blinds, Knockouts and Live Shows. I became really invested because the cast was so good this year. There wasn’t a single contestant I didn’t like that made it far this year, and I loved all three of the finalists. Similar situation as S5, but I loved this season a lot more.

I watched only early S6 and Top 12 week because of my personal life at the time (why I really remember the Auditions compared to Lives that season) Also why I didn’t watch S7 and S8.

Luckily during S9, I was able to start watching the show more regularly, and I was very interested in the Blinds. I remembered more from this season than previous ones. Probably also the first season I found IDF

S10, S11 and S12 all had a similar experience, as I was able to watch weekly but didn’t reflect too much. I would look at IDF for spoilers during this time (they didn’t have as many spoilers as regular seasons now)

S13 was when I joined IDF and that season was a blast on here. The cast was so good, and people got very invested in the contestants immediately. If I had to remember any season the best because of IDF, it was S13. Preseason was the most fun in any season. I got way more invested in the show during this time. After a trifecta of seasons I didn’t like (14, 15, 16 in Lives, I even took a break after S16 playoffs and came back after the T8 performances), I ended up leaving IDF (like Adam L left The Voice, though mine turned out to be more of a Gwen hiatus).

I still watched S17 and S18, though off IDF, but didn’t really watch S19 until Knockouts (a reason why I am not attached). I was still interested but wasn’t as invested in contestants during this time. 

I got back in contact with other IDFers from my time this season, and after some conversation, as well as being more invested in the cast than the previous seasons, I decided to return to IDF after my breaks

The only Voice contestants I have met are Ryan Quinn (When S13 aired) and Jordy Searcy (around the time S14 started). I had great experiences with both of them, as I got to talk to them and watch them perform.

Now you know why I remember certain seasons better than others, and I have seen so much on this show. This show has really gotten me to understand music better, and it also helped me understand what makes someone a good singer.

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 2

I’d watched on and off since 2012/2013, was vaguely aware of the show through Cassadee’s success in country music + Christina’s career post show, but didn’t really pay much attention beyond the occasional YouTube video until a friend of a friend auditioned in Season 16 and their audition blew up online. Even then, I didn’t get really into the show until Season 18 since I had more time to watch between college starting to wrap up + COVID hitting, and I’ve filled in a large number of gaps since then. 

I found IDF right before the home shows in S18 and have only taken a month off since then. Season 18 was also the first show I watched the majority of on YouTube as it aired, so it was the first season I voted. I didn’t start reading spoilers until Season 19, and now we’re two weeks out from the end of season 20. 

I started watching the season 4 and felt in love with Michelle, my first snowflake. Then in season 7 I found another favorite one, Matt McAndrew, and after that only in season 16 an angel called Maelyn Jarmon was discovered 😍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

When did you start being then "Spoilers King"? Just curious 🤔

lol I think the first time I maintained the OP on the spoiler page was S12? Possibly S11 because I remember the conversations about the contestants but I don't recall if I was the one organizing everything/keeping heavy tabs on the name.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1