@FrogLenzen - 16/20

@*Diana - 17/20

@Solaris - 18/20

@*Chris - 18/20

@Steven_ - 18/20

@*Wallace - 19/20

@jarmon - 19/20

Alex

Lol S18. Glad I saved this from having only bottom five placements though!!! This is my favorite performance of the season. It's just really soulful and very well emoted. Can't compare to some of the legendary performances in this game, but I would've liked to see this avoid last place.

Gigi

One of my favorites from her, I think I chose it at some point during the game.

Richard

I definitely liked this performance better after rewatching it just now. I thought Sam’s delivery was really interesting and cool, and while it might not have been a perfect vocal, Sam still shined here overall. Just a refreshingly different performance.

Crisis

Grandma’s Hands is my favorite S18 performance. I thought it was better than Rise Up though that was a good performance in its own right. It’s just difficult to rank the S18 with the others because of the unique circumstances.

Nico

Same issue as with all performances from this season, it's as good as it could be under the circumstances the season had to go thru

Tom

One of her few performances that stood out to me. I liked this better than I expected.

Derek

genius song choice. She always feels like she's holding back, though. The song has levels but she's not leaning into them with her voice. Takes away the impact that this could have. With a vocal coach she could be incredible.

Diana

never watched her season

Sola

Loved this on her season, but it loses something in this batch due to not being in a studio.

Chris

A good performance by Just Sam, however, I am very indifferent when it comes to this performance hence why I have it near the bottom of my rankdown.

Steven

This was a nice performance. The circumstances of the season just makes it hard to rank this one higher. It's too bad she couldn't have performed this on stage.

Wally

Just Sam chose the perfect dedication song for her grandmother. This is one of those performances with songs I don't know but Just Sam was able to engage and invest me into her performance. She poured so much soul, emotion and passion into this performance. I loved the soul she had. She was truly singing this song from her heart. It was a beautiful and moving performance. This is one of my favorites from Just Sam, very likely my 2nd favorite from her, so I am glad this was able to make the Top 10!

Reason for this #19 ranking: Really good from Just Sam but the COVID season and lack of a stage does hinder the S18 performances. I do really like her raw and soulful voice here and she showcases it well. The performance/staging just comes off boring but that's not really her fault.

Akshar

I mean this is a sweet performance and a really sweet song but I just really felt Just Sam wasn't the best singer, she was just fine. It was a fine performance. 

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #20 Posted)

Aww Just Sam. Wow interesting how Alex was the only one to give this a Top 15 ranking. And then all of those #16 through #19 rankings, but also impressive and surprising that this didn't get any last place rankings. 😮 

With all that said, this is a fair ranking and can't really fault it placing last. It was good but yeah everyone said it - under the circumstances of this season, it's difficult to give it a high ranking.

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Aww Just Sam. Wow interesting how Alex was the only one to give this a Top 15 ranking. And then all of those #16 through #19 rankings, but also impressive and surprising that this didn't get any last place rankings. 😮 

With all that said, this is a fair ranking and can't really fault it placing last. It was good but yeah everyone said it - under the circumstances of this season, it's difficult to give it a high ranking.

Was thinking the same about the no last place rankings. I wonder if that’s a first for this game for a 20th placer.

12 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Was thinking the same about the no last place rankings. I wonder if that’s a first for this game for a 20th placer.

3 minutes ago, NGM said:

it is, there are a bunch that have a single last place ranking (more than I expected, it was kind of a recurring theme post-S8), but this is the first time there is no last place ranking for the lowest ranked performance

Ooh wow I was wondering this. Wow that's really impressive to learn. 😮 :haha: 

19. Uché "Diamonds"

2K93LGL.png

16.3/20

Watch Here

@Solaris - 11/20

@FrogLenzen - 12/20

@Crisis - 14/20

@Alex95 - 15/20

@NGM - 15/20

@*Wallace - 16/20

@rdhaley96 - 17/20

@Steven_ - 17/20

@*Diana - 18/20

@~Tom~ - 18/20

@*Chris - 19/20

@taylorkat - 20/20

@jarmon - 20/20

Sola

Unexpected, but I have to rank this lower then La’Porsha’s as I loved hers more.

Derek

I'd probably like this more if La'Porsha didn't exist

Crisis

It’s somewhat surprising to see Uché have a higher ranked performance than Laci or Madison. Figures is my favorite performance of his (surprised to see that didn’t make the finals), but Diamonds was a good one as well. He went out and fought for a WC spot and earned it.

Alex

As others said, this really suffered by competing in the same round as La'Porsha. I still think Uché is an underrated talent and one of the best of ABC Idol. This performance is just a bit too OTT at times and doesn't stack up against the others here. His duet with Shaggy would've been much higher in my ranking though :kissbye:

Nico

Really fun and I wish I could rank it higher, but I don't think it fully measures up to what's above it.

Wally

I'm glad Uché managed to get two performances in the finals, as he was a standout contestant to me for this season, and especially the most entertaining performer. I just really wish "Finesse" could have made it here. :broken: But I am happy that his "Diamonds" performance made it here. Even though this was a slower song from Uché, I love how he still brought the performance and drama to the performance. He did showcase the richness and power in his voice but he also really connected with the emotion of the song. I loved the vulnerability he showed here, and he also had grit here too. He sang the song really well and I loved all of the range he showed here too. He had low notes, high notes, falsetto notes and everything in between. Uché really sang for his life and truly earned his advancement spot from the judges into the finals. Lionel was saying it all so truthfully to Uché with his comments too. This was just another powerful and great performance from Uché.

Reason for this #16 ranking: Strong and great performance from Uché. I do love this but I was just invested and find the other 15 performances above it more memorable. So it was kind of a default placement.

Richard

I love the dramatic, almost theatrical approach he took here. It wasn’t a perfect performance by any means, but it was definitely compelling to watch and listen to, especially when he gave it his all near the end.

Steven

This was a good performance. He delivered strong vocals and had great stage presence.

Diana

whomost??? Why is he here

Tom

Good but La'Porsha has the better version.

Chris

He really surprised us with this performance but it’s one of the few performances that I am not connected to. And honestly, it’s hard to really have this performance higher when La’Porsha’s “Diamonds” is also in this.

Gigi

I am not a fan.

Akshar

I never really was a fan of Uche and I don't particularly like this performance as he was doing too much for me, I just didn't like how his voice sounded in this performance at all. Very karaoke and I don't know why all 3 judges felt the need to give this mess a standing ovation.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #19 Posted)

18. Clark Beckham "Earned It"

8hTcmJn.png

15.2/20

Watch Here

@Alex95 - 6/20

@Steven_ - 6/20

@*Wallace - 10/20

@~Tom~ - 11/20

@taylorkat - 15/20

@jarmon - 15/20

@NGM - 18/20

@FrogLenzen - 18/20

@Solaris - 19/20

@Crisis - 19/20

@*Diana - 20/20

@rdhaley96 - 20/20

@*Chris - 20/20

Alex

I didn't realize how anti-Clark y'all were, just makes me mad that Fancy got robbed for someone y'all don't care for :kissbye:. Anyways, I too am anti-Clark except this performance. His only performance that made him more than a lounge singer. He had charm, he had sex appeal, he had charisma. Idk where this was hiding all season, but it should've came out for more than just this performance.

Steven

Terrific performance from Clark. He stepped out of his comfort zone and knocked this one out of the park. Clark should've won Season 14 instead of Nick.

Wally

I remember being really surprised when Clark sang "Earned It," which I believe was the Judges Choice pick? This is really quite a sexy song and yeah it was just surprising hearing this from Clark. But I do really love this performance and thought he did a fantastic job there. I'm not sure where it ranks amongst my favorite Clark performances but it's up there from him. :yes: I do like how he showed off the modern contemporary side of himself as an artist and connected with the feel of the song. As usual, he delivered such a fantastic vocal performance. I do like how he starts off the slowly in a lower register voice, but I love how he picks it up and sings in falsetto where he sings the pre-chorus part of the song. I do love all of the vocal changes and ad-libs he makes here throughout the song. LOL I LOVE how Jennifer Lopez is getting all into this performance too. :giggle:

I love how Clark continues to pick up the song when he gets to the bridge of the song where he sings: 

On that lonely night
We said it wouldn't be love
But we felt the rush
It made us believe it was only us, only us
Convinced we were broken inside

I love how he sings that "inssssiiidddeeeeee" part. But then after that, Clark gets all gritty, grimmy and puts his stank on that song where he sings that last chorus section once again!

'Cause, girl, you're perfect
The way you work it
'Cause, girl, you eaaarrrrnnneeeed it
you're perfect
The way you work it
girl, you eaaarrrrnnneeeed iiiitttt

Those high notes he sings there? He was SANGING it and killing it there! :omg: That was some insane and killer vocals from Clark there. :dead: I just love the theatrics and drama he brought to this performance, which was different but very cool from him.

Reason for this #10 ranking: This was an easier by default ranking to figure out from Clark. Simply because I do love this more than my Bottom 10 performances but not as much as my Top 9 performance. Still this is a really strong and great performance from Clark.

Tom

One of Clark's strongest for sure, desptie a tad bit of loungeiness in the beginning. 

Gigi

The one performance I like of his. I am not really a fan of his voice.

Akshar

Vocally this was actually great, but I felt like he has no swag?!?! It's just him standing there and singing, LIKE BOY I WANT YOU TO MAKE ME FEEL IT!!! GIVE ME SOME PERFORMANCE FACTOR! Miss JLo was giving more than Clark was. 

Nico

It has the usual positives of a Clark performance: great vocals. It also has the usual shortcomings of a Clark performance: close to zero emotion when singing it

Derek

Seems good on paper. But this is a miss. The first half was just not stable or confident enough. It's pretty obvious that this is a newer addition to his repertoire.

Sola

Good performance, but just doesn’t hold up against everything else on this list.

Crisis

A solid performance, but he had better ones that could’ve been here instead (It’s A Man’s Man’s Man’s World and Georgia on My Mind, just to name a couple). Plus, Avalon’s version was better.

Diana

I don't love this song so that's why it's #20

Richard

Was season 14 really so weak that this was the third-best performance of the season? I like the song choice in theory, but I feel like his take on it was bland until he reached the last third, where he just went off the rails vocally and screeched all the notes at the end. Nothing really seemed to land right, and it was just unpleasant to listen to. He looked handsome, at least? 

Chris

Such an overrated performance, in my opinion. He took the life out of this song, and it truly lost its appeal.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #18 Posted)
30 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Ytho GIF

Cause I said so. 😘 

9 hours ago, jarmon said:

No it didn’t 🤭

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

Nope.

There was no sex appeal to the performance. 

LOL all these no's. :dead:

Lmaoo I probably overreacted a little bit. I did love that performance though. But lol I'm over it. :haha: 

17. Grace Kinstler "Into the Unknown"

e907XIQ.png

14.0/20

Watch Here

@Solaris - 6/20

@jarmon - 7/20

@*Wallace - 8/20

@Steven_ - 9/20

@*Diana - 11/20

@*Chris - 16/20

@Alex95 - 17/20

@taylorkat - 17/20

@NGM - 17/20

@rdhaley96 - 18/20

@Crisis - 18/20

@~Tom~ - 19/20

@FrogLenzen - 19/20

Sola

Stunning vocal, look and performance.

Akshar

Firstly, Grace's body is perfection, she is always serving. This was such a fun and dynamic performance and Grace sounded like a Disney Princess here. This was just fantastic, she really surprised me with this song choice but she surpassed my expectations!

Wally

I know the judges often criticized Grace on her song choices, which was most of the time really frustrating, although I did understand it in some cases. I do love how Grace went for the unexpected Frozen song rather than the easy/predictable choice of "Let It Go," which she could have also nailed. But yeah this Grace performance was magical, amazing and truly stunning! :wub: She did capture the theaterical aspect/feel of the song and reminded me of a professional Broadway singer. I do love how she was telling a story with her singing and singing some of the verses really fast. But wow, the chorus section was incredible! She belted and was straight up SANGING that song! :omg: She sounded fantastic on the second verse and the rest of the chours parts. Truly such a gorgeous and magical performance. :wub: This is one of my top favorites from Grace, so I'm glad this made the finals! That ending was especially slayage! :dead:

Reason for this #8 ranking: This was such an outstanding performance from Grace. I did have this performance interchangeable with my #9. But I ended up giving this performance the advantage because this is my favorite performance of Grace's.

Steven

Great song choice for Disney night. Grace's "Into the Unknown" is one of the best performances from this season.

Diana

cute song I probably ranked it highest

Chris

She did a stellar job with this song, especially with her vocals, but unfortunately, I will always compare it to the original which is why it’s never been a top favourite of mine.

Alex

Grace obviously crushed this with her strong and powerful voice. It's not much of a standout in the history of this show, but it's certainly a performance I enjoy!

Gigi

I like the song and her vocals.  It's lower because I prefer others more.

Nico

Really well sung, but I don't care for the song at all (idk if it's an unpopular opinion but I don't like Disney as a theme)

Richard

I have mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand, minus a couple iffy moments, she slayed the performance vocally. On the other hand, the emotional connection was lacking, and the song choice was predictable. Overall, I guess I see this as somewhat of a missed opportunity, because I think if she had tapped into the emotion more, this could have been a lot better.

Crisis

This is probably my favorite Grace performance. However, it highlights her main issue during the season. She had the potential to have some Idol moments, but there was always something that prevented her from doing so. In this case, it was her missing a handful of notes towards the end. If not for that, this would’ve ranked higher.

Tom

Hmm. This was sung well but left me a little cold. 

Derek

This could have been a Moment but it didn't get there for me. Pitch not strong enough at all. At all. Too wild. Song choice is iconic but the arrangement and execution not quite there.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #17 Posted)