@Solaris - 9/20

@*Diana - 9/20

@Zoey - 10/20

@FrogLenzen - 10/20

@*Wallace - 11/20

@JC - 16/20

@jarmon - 20/20

Alex

I think Haley's "I (Who Have Nothing)" is my favorite moment in Idol history while this is my favorite performance in Idol history. It's just my dream performance. An awesome rocker chick tacking Zeppelin and just absolutely crushing it. I watch this so often. It's everything to me, perfection.

Crisis

There was some conflict regarding my Top 2. Katharine is my favorite Idol contestant; however, Whole Lotta Love is my favorite Idol performance. In the end, as seen, the performance won out. This performance was nothing short of spectacular, and it would’ve been a great winner in the S11 Round (certainly better than the performance that did win). With that said, I think this performance is underrated in the respect that it should be up there with the Lovesongs and Summertimes as far as the GOAT Idol performances is concerned. It’ll be interesting to see where it ranks this time around.

Nico

She's so good and this was her at her peak. Incredible vocals and the performance aspect of it just makes it even better.

Elliott

Vom @ this losing to a Flopchez performance. Hopefully it gets it well deserved high rankings this time around.

Steven

Elise delivered such a fun and dynamic performance with "Whole Lotta Love." She had such a presence on stage too. She was cool and confident while having a blast singing a song she clearly loves performing. Elise's "Whole Lotta Love" is one of the Idol performances I like to re-watch every so often. It's a performance that never gets old. This is one of the best Idol performances ever, and it easily gets one of the top spots on my ranking.

Gigi

I love Elise, this is probably my second favorite performance of hers.

Richard

Possibly the best rock performance in American Idol history. Elise looked right at home on the stage, and every single part of the performance was magnetizing and dynamic. Her energy here was both seductive and strong, and she delivered a sense of recklessness that kept me on the edge of my seat. This would have been a worthy winner in season 11, and it’d be a worthy winner here, too.

Andrew

This was the performance that made me love Elise.

Tom

The best cover of Led Zeppelin on Idol or any reality show. Elise deserved better.

Chris

Such an incredible performance by Elise, which made me a fan / appreciate the original version of the song. 

Lily

I feel like I can give this more love now that I don't have to worry about fighting for Jessica Sanchez to get the win. If this pulls it off, two incredibly deserving winners from that season. So damn good.

Amanda

Just fantastic! Elise had so many great moments on the show, but this was definitely her best and one of the best that we've ever seen.

Sola

Still bitter this lost to And I am Telling You.  Gross.  I am sure it will perform well in this round again!

Diana

another underrated queen

Zoey

This seems pretty average next to the performances above.

Derek

We finally got a Led Zeppelin song in the Top 20 this season. Would have greatly preferred this to win over the AIATYING or whatever the acronym is lol

Wally

As I mentioned in my "Vienna" write-up, I am very happy that my two favorite Elise performances made it through. I was thinking MONTHS ago that this performance would be the Season 11 winner, as I expect various different rankers to tank Phillip/Jessica/Joshua/Hollie performances which would help,way for this Performance to win. But after seeing the treatment of Elise and having so many of her performances cut.... I'm not as confident on this winning now. I still feel it can make the Top 5 and would be deserving of it though, but we'll see. But I do have some other predictions I can make: I can certainly see most of the Elise stans ranking this at #1 and I can see this performance having the most #1s of any of the performances here.

Elise rocked the heck out of this performance, and it was straight up slayage! We never really saw Elise as a rocker but wow, she brought that here and nailed the song. This isn't a song I particularly really care for but I do really love Elise's version. Her vocals were outstanding and she owned it with her stage presence. I love all,of the dynamics and vocal range she shows here. She makes it look so easy and effortless, like she's one of those female rock,singers from the 70s and 80s. I love  the part where she sings "You've been cooling, baby I've been drooling" for some reason. :haha: Then I also,love the part where she sings "I'm gonna give you every inch of my loving, I'm gonna give you my love" and that "love" scream note she hit? That was insane and sick! :omg: I also love that a Capella ish outrage where her vocals shone and then the band closed it out! Such an amazing and outstanding performance from Elise!

Reason for this #11 ranking: This was really amazing from Elise. This was outstanding and she truly gave it her all. I could have seen this make my Top 10 but it didn't get there due to how stacked these performances were, so it just fell shy from making my Top 10. I have no doubt this will do really well in this round and I can totally see this at least making the Top 5. Maybeee Top 3 even but I don't want to predict too boldly and be wrong. :haha:

JC

So overrated, I legit cannot.

Akshar

NO JUST NO!!! I get some people may like and enjoy this but I certainly do not!

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (2nd Placers - #5 Posted)

Great on Elise making it to 5th with "Whole Lotta Love." This was a fantastic performance from her and deserving of making it this far. :yes: And actually this did really well with its rankings, with mostly Top 10 rankings + #11 rank and just two low rankings.

I see a few pressed people in those comments, regarding the S11 game. :kissbye: The winner was an amazing performance that round. 😘 

Although Akshar's comments made me lol. :lmao: 

• Haha 1

Wow well done to Tom getting his Top 4 as the actual Top 4 here. 😮 

Yeah I agree that Kelly's totally winning this. :haha: 

Although that means JC wins after tanking so many amazing/legendary performances, so I don't know how to feel about that. 😭 :dead: 

4. Candice Glover "I (Who Have Nothing)" Reprise

JVoOrxv.png

7.0/20

Watch Here

@sublymonal - 1/20

@Elliott - 2/20

@*Chris - 2/20

@*Lily - 3/20

@*Wallace - 4/20

@Solaris - 4/20

@Crisis - 4/20

@~Tom~ - 4/20

@*Amanda - 4/20

@NGM - 5/20

@Zoey - 5/20

@rdhaley96 - 6/20

@Alex95 - 7/20

@FrogLenzen - 8/20

@Steven_ - 12/20

@taylorkat - 13/20

@jarmon - 14/20

@*Diana - 15/20

@JC - 20/20

Andrew

The performance that won her the season. If not for “Love Song”, it would have been the best performance that season.

Elliott

The fact that this was a reprise in the finale? S12 was Candice’s world, tbh.

Chris

One of the most flawless performance that deserves all the praise.  I am stating, once again, that this is my favourite rendition of the song to have ever been performed on the Idol stage. 

Lily

She put her whole damn heart and soul into this performance. Haley, Candice and Jordin really gave us some iconic moments with this song.

Wally

I am glad that Nico & I were able to advance through Candice's "I (Who Have Nothing)"  because I would have been devastated if this got cut on the Petty cuts round. I really loved both versions from Candice and would have been fine with either version making the finals. But I do think Candice slightly improved an incredible performance into an even more incredible performance. I love how she added an a capella intro to this version, which makes this performance even more haunting and bone chilling. Her voice is so strong and clear - and really commands your attention. I love how she belts out "with nothing to give you but IIIIIIIIII" part. :omg: I love how she then sings the bridge of the song and sings it with all of that power to her voice. :omg: She pours so much passion and emotion into this. Then she hits some more insane power vocals which blows my mind. I also love how she hits a little softer note in there in between all of her power singing. This was just an incredible performance that gave her her well-deserved win! :clap:

Reason for this #4 ranking: This was such a showstopping performance from Candice. It's also my 2nd favorite of hers after "Lovesong." A part of me wonders if I ranked this too high and maybe I should have lowered it. But whenever I rewatch it, I push it a little higher to place it 4th. So I guess it'll stay here. :haha: This just never really reached the status of my love for my Top 3 performances, so #4 works best for this performance for me.

Sola

The pipes this girl has.  Reprises are normally stale, but this breathed new life into her first version.

Crisis

It’s very rare that a reprisal is better than the first performance, especially if said first performance was strong. However, it happened twice in S12, as both Candice and Kree pulled off the feat. In Candice’s case, she did a different version, and it was spectacular. Certainly one of the strongest performances in this set.

Tom

I would've preferred the original but this is still incredible. 

Amanda

"I (Who Have Nothing)" has provided us with some great moments on the show, and this is one of them. We all already knew that she was going be the winner of season 12 as it was airing, but this stunning performance just cemented it. The perfect way for her to end such a strong run on the show.

Nico

Same as with Melinda, it Candice just singing her heart out. IMO the best version of this song.

Zoey

The best version of the song from any season.

Richard

That acapella beginning… sensational. The staging, her vocals, her emotion. Once the music picked up, she carried the performance with an almost subdued rage and some incredible runs. Overall, Candice really brought it home this week (and every other week) and absolutely deserved to have as many performances in the top 10 of her season as she did.

Alex

Candice is the GOAT of Idol contestants. I truly believe that. She did not have a bad performance on that Idol stage! She just didn't! In the finale, she's still coming up with wildly imaginative and powerful arrangements and performances. I originally had this higher, but I lowered it a bit just because Candice already won last round. I also wanted Haley to have the higher "I (Who Have Nothing") 🙈

Derek

holy f*cking shit y'all

Steven

This was a good performance. It's not one of my favorites here, but I don't dislike it either.

Gigi

I prefer Haley's version, but this is still good.

Akshar

I love this song and this was a wonderful cover but I do prefer Haley’s cover of this because it was much more dramatic and dynamic! Candice did a nice and clean vocal but I just wanted more GRIT!

Diana

nothing against her but she would be a predicable winner

JC

UGH overrated x10000000000000000000000000^100000000000000000000000000.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (2nd Placers - #4 Posted)
On 1/1/2021 at 8:37 PM, DWTSFan2001 said:

Good luck with the game then - that's me out of IDF permanently. Not wasting one more second of my precious life on a place with this much toxicity and judgement of people.

—Me after seeing Candice place fourth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2