@Alex95 - 13/20

@*Wallace - 15/20

@JC - 15/20

@*Lily - 16/20

@Solaris - 18/20

@sublymonal - 20/20

@FrogLenzen - 20/20

Steven

I adore Brooke White, and I love this performance. Brooke delivered a heartfelt performance with "Let It Be." There was something magical about this as Brooke simply sat behind the piano and poured her heart out, which ended up being a brilliant performance. Anytime I hear "Let It Be," I always think back to Brooke's version of the song. This was Brooke's best moment in the competition, and it easily gets the #1 spot on my ranking out of this Top 20.

Diana

I have always loved this one

Chris

Absolutely in awe by this performance by Brooke - my favourite on Season 7 - and a performance I often revisit ; I debated having it at #1 but I just knew that she was not going to win so I am pleased with ranking it in my Top 4, and I believe the other 3 performances above it were at another level for me.

Amanda

I just really love this one. Brooke not only delivered a stunning vocal here, but she also delivered an emotional performance which elevated it even more for me. Brooke wasn't that consistent, but when she was good, she turned in some of my favorite Idol performances ever.

Nico

While I'm thankful this didn't win S7, it's so good and I wish Brooke had kept this level of performances up for her entire run.

Zoey

I used to like this more than I do now.

Gigi

I loved Brooke during her season.  Beautiful performance.

Tom

Nevr been quite as big on Brooke as a lot of IDF, but this was definitely her best.

Akshar

I hate to admit how much I go back to this performance but I truly do. It is just such a beautiful vocal from Brooke and I loved everything about it, you could tell she was really in her element with this performance.

Richard

When the original ranking of the season was released, I thought second place was way too high for this, but watching it back, I feel like I get it. This performance was so riveting and beautiful. Brooke’s vocals were great, and her emotional delivery was on point. It’s clear she was connected to the lyrics, and that sold the performance.

Crisis

I was hoping I could squeeze this into my Top 10, but it was up against some stiff competition. This was a great performance as everything came together for Brooke. I would’ve been living had this pull of the upset in the S7 Round although I knew Billie Jean was winning.

Elliott

Really enjoyed this as always. I wish Brooke had been able to keep up her momentum past this week, but at least Let It Be has remained such a great moment.

Alex

It's a lovely performance. It came a little too close to winning S7 for my liking :kissbye: but I still like this and I think this is a fair placement for it.

Wally

There’s no denying Brooke’s "Let It Be" had to make it to the Final 20 for the Season 7 round. It’s highly viewed and regarded as Brooke’s best performance….and I certainly feel that way as this is also my favorite performance of hers. This was also my favorite performance on the Top 12 Lennon/McCartney Night. I certainly see the Brooke stans ranking this high and i don’t mind helping out there with a #7 ranking. “Let It Be” is one of The Beatles most iconic songs (and I say this as someone who isn’t a The Beatles fan…. but I’d like to think it is). But Brooke chose a genius song choice that suited her voice and artistry flawlessly. 

I love how Brooke played the piano and really poured her heart, emotion and vulnerability here. Brooke sang this song so beautifully too. I already got chills from the start. But then I really love the part where she sings:

And in my hour of darkness

She is standing right in front of me

Speaking words of wisdom

Let it be

Let it be, let it be, let it be, Oh let it be

Whisper words of wisdom

Let it be

❤️ 

Brooke sang the second verse beautifully as well. But I do really love the part where she sings:

For though they may be parted there is

Still a chance that they will see

Then she starts building up the song to another level once she got to the next chorus section of the song. I like how she showcases some rawness in her voice on some of those “let it be” parts. Also wow Randy was such a Brooke hater of not knowing if this was her best performance. This was truly a moving and inspiring performance from Brooke. I’m glad it’s in the finals and I can certainly see this ranking high - will it make the Top 5? I’m not sure but it should certainly make the Top 10!

Reason for this #15 ranking: This is where rankings get tricky as I do love the performances in my Top 15 (could even extend that to my Top 17). This is a fantastic performance from Brooke, but I guess some of the vocal flaws compared to other performances with either more vocal dynamics/range or more exciting performances was what brought this down to 15th for me. I do wish I could rank this higher.

JC

Ugh she is so annoying and stayed way past her welcome.

Lily

Personally would have been in the Love is a Battlefield camp if we had to get some Brooke representation here. It is a really lovely vocal. Doesn't quite hold its own with the other runner-ups for me, but still nice.

Sola

Also a beautiful performance, but it doesn’t stack up to the rest of the top 20 imo.

Andrew

I know this will win if I don’t rank it last so. Last it is.

Derek

oh no bby. I understand her appeal. I really do. But you guys know by now that this is not my cup of tea.

• Sad 1

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (2nd Placers - #10 Posted)

Oh wow.... it was just 10.9 vs. 10.8 for Jay vs. Brooke for the spot in the Top 10.

Gorgeous performance from Brooke. But this was my least favorite of the Top 10 so I'm fine with this showing up at 10th. I think my biggest surprise was not seeing Chris ranking this in at least his Top 3. But ooo lol, his comments makes sense as to why he didn't place it 1st. :haha: 

At least the first of JC's Bottom 6 has showed up. :haha: The rest can wait a little bit to show up. :giggle: 

lol Andrew's prediction of saying this performance will win if he doesn't rank it last. Well, he's right. :giggle: 

2 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

Not until #5 gets posted hopefully. :giggle: 

If this happens, it would be suspicious 🤨 

but I don’t actually care that much since Kris is already out

9. Kimberley Locke "New York State of Mind"

RDkLe0r.png

10.4/20

Watch Here

@Zoey - 2/20

@*Chris - 3/20

@Crisis - 5/20

@*Diana - 5/20

@*Amanda - 6/20

@*Wallace - 7/20

@Elliott - 7/20

@Steven_ - 7/20

@~Tom~ - 7/20

@sublymonal - 10/20

@NGM - 11/20

@*Lily - 12/20

@Solaris - 13/20

@taylorkat - 14/20

@Alex95 - 17/20

@FrogLenzen - 17/20

@jarmon - 18/20

@rdhaley96 - 18/20

@JC - 19/20

Zoey

One of the most perfect vocals to come from the show.

Chris

Always will be a KLocke stan for life, and this performance remains one of my all-time favourite performance ; I do not expect this to win but I still got to rank it near the top.

Crisis

Although she had some solid performances prior to this, NYSOM is where K-Lo announced her arrival. This was suave and classy, and it’s still the best rendition done on Idol. It’s unfortunate this fell short because of some shenanigans during the S2 Round.

Diana

underrated queen

Amanda

Amazing and stunning! Kimberley should've won the season 2 round  with this performance.

Wally

“New York State Of Mind” is an absolutely amazing performance from Kimberley, and one that I really love so much from her. :wub: I’m not really a Billy Joel fan, so didn’t know this song before Kim sang it but i instantly love her version soo much!  I love how we saw a completely different side of Kim here, that bluesy and jazz side of her. She sounds and performs this in such a mature classy way…. and her vocals throughout are absolutely golden. ❤️ I love how she sings: I'm in a New Yooorrrk state of mind.

However my favorite part of this performance is how she sings that whole second verse, particular where she sings:

It comes down to reality

And it's fine with me 'cause I've let it slide

Don't care if it's Chinatown or on Riverside

I don't have any reasons

I'm in a New York state of mind.

Then I really love all of her closing ad-libs with the whole: Heyyy yeahhh oooohhhh. NEW YORK. STATE OF MINDD. Ooooohhhh. I’m in a neewww yoorrkk state of miiinnddd.

:omg::wub:

Reason for this #7 ranking: From the Top 7 on of my rankings, this was incredibly difficult to rank as I feel that these are all such legendary performances that I really love. I have no real reason why this ranked 7th but I guess I just felt more passionate about the 6 performances I ranked higher. I think this still has potential to reach the Top 5, which I would totally be here for. If not, it should certainly make the Top 10, at least.

Elliott

A true vocal masterclass. America sleeping on her while voting for Clay and Ruben is my Idol villain origin story. Well actually it’s Justin Guarini outlasting Nikki McKibbin but I digress.

Steven

Wonderful performance. Her delivery was effortless, yet very impressive. Easily one of the best performances of Season 2.

Tom

Kimberley's voice was made for these kinds of jazz songs and even though not my favorite genre, it's one of my favorite performances.

Andrew

Truly impossible to rank my Top 10 but I guess, if I have to, this ranks 10th only because I love the others so much.

Nico

Probably her best along with Band of Gold for me. It's really good but falls around here for me due to who is also in the ranking.

Lily

A really great vocal!

Sola

Fantastic vocal.  Probably my favorite outside of Solitaire and Bridge Over Troubled Water. 

Gigi

Fine, but I like other Kimberley songs more.

Alex

Definitely a great performance! I'm afraid Kimberley has never lit my world on fire or anything so it's hard for me to feel passionate about it compared to many of the performances here. But it's a strong vocal and a great showing from her!

Derek

This song doesn't do much for me. Her vocal is flawless but this doesn't get me excited.

Akshar

I love this song so much and Kimberley gave a great performance. Her voice is very easy to listen to and enjoyable. I just wish she had more moments throughout the song to truly standout.

Richard

The best part of this performance was Kimberley’s tone; very rich, full, and sonically pleasing. As a whole, her vocal was on the understated side, and while that definitely worked in its favor the first time, it might ultimately cause the performance to get lost in the shuffle here compared to all the other bigger vocal moments.

JC

Thank the lord Clay beat this although I love NY.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (2nd Placers - #9 Posted)

Aww I was kinda thinking Kimberley's NYSOM would have ranked a little higher. Actually, LOL I think I predicted this to have Top 5 potential so I was quite off there.  :haha: It's deserving of Top 10 though, like I said. But still, 9th is still really great for this.

lol I have no idea why I put Klo so low, I think I just did the rankings really quickly, but she should have been right below Brooke, or above Brooke actually if I had paid more attention.

8. Nadia Turner "You Don't Have to Say You Love Me"

6qs8Ysu.png

10.4/20

Watch Here

@*Lily - 1/20

@Elliott - 1/20

@NGM - 3/20

@*Wallace - 5/20

@*Chris - 6/20

@sublymonal - 7/20

@Alex95 - 8/20

@Crisis - 8/20

@~Tom~ - 8/20

@Steven_ - 10/20

@JC - 12/20

@rdhaley96 - 14/20

@*Diana - 14/20

@taylorkat - 15/20

@Solaris - 15/20

@jarmon - 15/20

@Zoey - 18/20

@*Amanda - 19/20

@FrogLenzen - 19/20

Lily

Somehow, after all these years, this just gets better and better on each listen for me. It is so raw and an amazing, emotionally-driven and powerful vocal. So so good.

Elliott

Flawless performance from one of Idol’s criminally underrated contestants.

Nico

Her shining moment on Idol and I wish she had gone further so we could have more performances from her.

Wally

When Nadia sang "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me,” this was at the peak of my Nadia love - and part of the 2-week time where she was my favorite for Season 4. :wub::haha:  I was so obsessed and addicted to this performance back when this aired that I would rewatch and re-listen to this performance constantly, and never get tired of it! This performance from Nadia was amazing. This was the first time I had heard of this song and honestly…. no other version on American Idol, X Factor, The Voice, whatever show…..nothing can top Nadia’s version for me.

I love the drama and sultry soulful flavor that Nadia brings to this song. Right from those opening notes of her singing: When I said, I needed you. You said you would always stay. I am HOOKED. She sounds so gorgeous. Speaking of, I think this was Nadia’s best vocal performance too. ❤️ I love how she sings the opening verse slowly and really takes her time singing each line and lyric here. 

I love how she sings the last lyric of the verse and then how she transitions into the chorus.

And that I have to follow you

And beg you to come home

You don't have to say you love me

Just be close at hand

You don't have to stay forever

I will understand

Believe me, believe me

SO good! :wub:

But I really love those closing “Belieeeevveee mmeeeee!” lines she sings 3 times at the end! She pours so much passion into all of this, it’s all so epic! ❤️ This is my favorite Nadia performance, so i am really hoping this ranks really high. It’s so hard to predict which performance will win this season’s game, but I think this performance could possibly pull off a surprise underdog win. I expect Carrie, Bo and Vonzell to get tank rankings in some of their performances that Nadia might not have (or not have as many). I wouldn’t be mad if this does win. But we’ll see. 

Reason for this #5 ranking: I don't know if I'm in the minority here or not and maybe this #5 ranking is maybe too high for this performance amongst all of these performances? I don't really know, but I really love and was obsessed with this performance when it happened and months after it. I would always replay this performance and I just have this huge connection to it, so I had to give it a spot in my Top 5. I do think my #6 and #7 performances are objectively better but I feel I like this a little more than those so I put this at 5th.

Chris

This is one of the two performance that I predict to win the battle of the 2nd placer, and it would absolutely deserves it especially considering it's one of the performance from Season 4 .

Andrew

Nadia was the best part of S4, sorry to all the Carrie stans.

Alex

This performance :wub:. It's such a classic Idol performance. Full of so much power and emotion, Nadia gave it her all and left nothing behind on that stage. It's one of those performances you know will be something special from the opening notes. I'm still not over its robbery in the S4 game.

Crisis

Nadia’s best performance and the best rendition of the song on Idol. It nearly pulled off the S4 win; it would’ve been something if it did.

Tom

People have tried to reprise this after Nadia and fallen flat, this is one of only two great performances that night. 

Steven

This was Nadia's best performance of the competition. She had such a presence while performing it, and she sounded great too. It was just an overall strong performance from beginning to end.

JC

I should have voted this higher so we didn't have to deal with a barf crazy carrie win.

Richard

This wasn’t necessarily a perfect vocal, but Nadia’s performance here was A+, serving looks all over the place and delivering the song with so much charisma and a really compelling seductive quality. Compared to the other performances here, I don’t see this one winning, but I hope it ends up doing decently well.

Diana

Nadia Turner? really that is the best we have?

Gigi

I like other Nadia performances more.

Sola

This isn’t in my Top 5 of the season. Its still a beautiful performance though.

Akshar

That beginning is absolutely heavenly. Her voice is so gorgeous, there’s just something so special about it and this was a lovely performance from Nadia.

Zoey

I just don’t think she’s good.

Amanda

A great performance from Nadia, but in a round with so many of my favorites, this one falls to the bottom of the list for me.

Derek

This is an iconic moment because it's when I realized that Alex knew who I was lmao. No such thing as bad publicity! Anyway, I don't like this song in general as it is boring and borderline corny and Nadia did nothing with the arrangement or execution to make it not that. Her voice is nice but not effortless and the end is scary. Also I wish she would do just one of the phrases actually in tempo.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (2nd Placers - #8 Posted)

Oooh phew, Alex's post last night scared me as I was expecting it to be my #1 or #2 to show up here. Glad that's not the case. :ph34rwave:

I'm actually kinda shook Nadia made it all the way to 8th here. Of course, I wish it could have done better but I wasn't even confident or sure of this making the Top 10. So I'll take the 8th place spot here. ❤️