American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

31 minutes ago, *Chris said:

"ย Lol I feel like I'm gonna lose some friends with this ranking. "ย 

He's probably right ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

ย 

Lmaooo I know, hence why I said that. :dead:ย I mean the only ranking I would have considered it was for #19 but I was more emotionally into Just Sam's performance so yeah those rankings just worked out that way. :haha:ย If it was a different Kree performance, like "See You Again" or whichever was my favorite from her, it could have been a higher ranking.

ย 

Although I was banking/hoping for Alex to put it at #20 with me. ๐Ÿ˜ญย :dead:ย 

12 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Sis I only kept putting Beyonce last every time because of you and Lily.ย ๐Ÿ˜˜

It's still predictable. ๐Ÿ˜›ย But even then, we're not the only ones to cut country songs (and I even went through some rounds not doing so) but you still only focus on us. So it's all a lose/lose situation for me. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

8. Jessica Sanchez "The Prayer"

BDrUA0t.png

9.0/20

Watch Here

@jarmonย - 1/20

@rdhaley96ย - 4/20

@taylorkatย - 5/20

@*Dianaย - 8/20

@~Tom~ย - 8/20

@Alex95ย - 9/20

@*Wallaceย - 9/20

@FrogLenzenย - 11/20

@Steven_ย - 11/20

@Crisisย - 12/20

@Solarisย - 13/20

@NGMย - 13/20

@*Chrisย - 13/20

ย 

Akshar

*standing ovation* Jessica's voice? HEAVENLY! Her control throughout this performance grouped together with that angelic tone created MAGIC! This was an absolute MOMENT of MANY MOMENTS that Jessica had throughout her run on the show!!! She 100% should've won this season because she was without a doubt the most talented vocalist this season. And she was ONLY 16!!! LET'S NOT FORGET THAT!!!

ย 

Richard

Simply breathtaking. Everything about this performance was stunning, from the staging to Jessicaโ€™s pastel, rose-colored dress. The subdued beginning was gorgeous, and the buildup throughout the song was just so satisfying. While I wish she would have maintained that power through the last note instead of going subtle again, thatโ€™s really my only gripe with this otherwise flawless outing.

ย 

Gigi

One of her best.

ย 

Diana

beautiful performance by Jessica

ย 

Tom

I like Phillip's post-show material, but Jessica deserved to win after this.ย 

ย 

Alex

This is a performance I'm always surprised I'm so high on after I listen to it. It's really one of Jessica's most thoughtful and delicate performances. She shows so much restraint and subtlety that when she goes for the power notes, they have so much more impact. This is a masterpiece and one of Jessica's best.

ย 

Wally

I really loved Jessica's performance of โ€œThe Prayer," and I'm super happy that Victoria & Derek were able to advance this through to the finals in Season 11's round. I remember Jessica's 2nd time shown on this season was where she sang this song, before the Top 24 verdict. This was such a moving performance, and she easily made it through to the Top 24. I didn't think there was a chance she would ever sing this on the live competition portion of the show, although I remember the Jessica fans really wanted this to happen. So I was glad she sang this on the finale, and wow what a beautiful performance this was here. I thought this was an incredible moment for Jessica, and easily my favorite performance that finale night! :wub:

ย 

Jessica has such a beautiful voice, and of course ย sang this in such at soft and beautiful way. She poured so much heart ย and emotion into this performance as well, that it truly gave me chills throughout.โค๏ธ I love the whole performance so much. But I will say one of favorite parts is where and how she sings the chorus:

ย 

Lead us to a place

Guide us with your grace

To a place where we'll be safe

ย 

But then I also really love how she sings the whole bridge section of the song, especially the part where she sings:

ย 

And we'll remember we are all God's childrenย 

Reaching out to touch you, reaching to the sky

ย 

The way she sang and held that "alllll" note was incredible! :omg: Seriously gives me such chills. But then again, this whole performance is incredible. Then I love how she brings the performance down some where she sings in her falsetto notes and then hits one more big note where she belts out "saaffeeee." :omg:ย 

ย 

How she lost the competition after this performance..... I will never ever understand. Ugh. But I also love how Jessica sang this on the Season 15 finale and gave another beautiful performance of this song there too!

Reason for this #9 ranking: This was really such a beautiful and amazing performance from Jessica. It's one of my favorites from her, but I did have this interchangeable with my #8. I gave this the disadvantage of lowering it down because this is probably my 4th or so favorite performance of Jessica's, while the #8 performance is my favorite from said contestant.

ย 

Derek

she always seems like sheโ€™s trying to mimic other singers when she performs, idk. Itโ€™s rare when I feel authenticity from her

ย 

Steven

This was a gorgeous performance from Jessica. "The Prayer" was a great song choice for finale night, and this was one of Jessica's best moments on the show.

ย 

Crisis

If a BB Chez performance had to win S11, this wouldโ€™ve been a great choice. Itโ€™s one of the few times she appeared to genuinely connect to a song, and her vocals were on point.

ย 

Sola

I love that she reprised this. ย Such a strong performance. ย Iโ€™d have taken this over her winning performance of And Iโ€™m Telling You.

ย 

Nico

One of the few performances from Jessica that I really like. Extra points for reprising something from a really early round.

ย 

Chris

She did an incredible on a song thatโ€™s difficult to sing, and she certainly shows us that sheโ€™s able to deliver a strong vocal performance without overdoing it and giving us emotions. ย In term of Jessicaโ€™s repertoire, I really like this performance but itโ€™s not one that I would consider my all-time favourite.

ย 

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #8 Posted)
1 hour ago, *Chris said:

Wally ranking this 9th surprises me :haha:ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

If I was a Jessica stan I would have been counting on a better ranking from him haha

Lmaoo I feel bad about this. ๐Ÿ™ˆย :dead:ย 

ย 

I did explain myself in the write-up, but yeah I did want to give people like Ruben, Chris and Grace the higher advantage with as those were my very favorite performances from them while this was like my 4th favorite from Jessica. :haha:ย 

Pleased with Jessica's "The Prayer" coming in 8th. โค๏ธย LOVING Akshar's comments here, especially. But I'm also kinda surprised/impressed with the rankings here. Glad to see this got all of its rankings within the Top 13 spots from each ranker. ๐Ÿ˜ฎย  I was not expecting that.

ย 

I'm kiiinnnddaa surprised and happy this wasn't Nico's #20 as I was totally expecting it to be. But now I'm thinking his #20 is something I love even more sooo I'm scared to find out what that is, though I got my guess on that now. :dead:ย 

7. Adam Lambert & Allison Iraheta "Slow Ride"

m63MMwS.png

8.8/20

Watch Here

@NGMย - 1/20

@Alex95ย - 2/20

@FrogLenzenย - 5/20

@Solarisย - 7/20

@rdhaley96ย - 7/20

@Steven_ย - 7/20

@*Dianaย - 9/20

@Crisisย - 9/20

@~Tom~ย - 9/20

@taylorkatย - 13/20

@*Chrisย - 14/20

@*Wallaceย - 15/20

@jarmonย - 16/20

ย 

Nico

The best duet this show ever saw. No notes, this is perfect.

ย 

Alex

I'm still not over how dirty Adam was done in the S8 game. He is king, Allison is queen (I guess Adam is technically Queen tho lol), and this is perfect. It's rare that I wish I was in the Idol studio for a performance, but I would've killed to be there on final four night to watch Whole Lotta Love, Cry Baby, and Slow Ride live and experience that (and go to the bathroom for Danny and Kris performances)

ย 

Derek

yas gawd hunty slay tongue pop the house down boots okur

ย 

Sola

Crushed it.

ย 

Richard

This was such a fun performance. It was pretty clear at this point that Adam and Allison had really stopped caring about the competition aspect of the show and were just aiming to have a great time. And that definitely showed here. This was so effortless and just a joy to watch and listen to. They both absolutely killed it.ย 

ย 

Steven

This was an awesome performance. Allison and Adam just went out on stage to have fun while showcasing their vocal chops. They were both in their element here, and they delivered a very enjoyable performance.

ย 

Diana

legendary duet by these two

ย 

Crisis

This was a great duet and one of the few times I was able to tolerate Adamโ€™s voice. He and Allison had great chemistry together.

ย 

Tom

Flawless. Was hoping for Adam and Allison to be the final 2 after this.

ย 

Gigi

They sound well together.

ย 

Chris

I do like this performance but out of this crop of performances, it is one of my lesser fave.

ย 

Wally

Having Adam & Allison duet with each other was such a genius idea on Rock Night. They were the two rockers of the season so of course that made perfect sense. I donโ€™t think I ever heard this song before they sang it but I have always really loved their version of it. B Both Adam and Allison were rocking it and totally in their element here. I love how they started it off with Allison singing her part and then Adam singing his part.ย 

ย 

Slow ride, take it easy

Slow ride, take it easy

Slow ride, take it easy

Slow ride, take it easy

ย 

And not to mention but that chorus is so infectiously fun too! :bobo:ย 

ย 

But yeah i do love how Allison sing a few lines and then Adam does the same. I do love Allisonโ€™s solos more but thats personally because I like her voice and her as a contestant more but of course Adam is such a natural on this too. I do love all of Allisonโ€™s solo parts. Although I do love the part where Adam sings:ย 

ย 

Slow down, go down, got to get your lovin' one more time

ย 

Oooh and the way they ended this with that โ€œSsssllloowwww. Riidddeeee.โ€ belting was an epic way to end this. :dead: Adam and Allison were perfect duet partners and THIS was a duet done right. :yes:ย 

Reason for this #15 ranking: The performances I have at #14 and #15 are performances I feel the same about and couldn't really figure out which to put higher or lower. Ultimately, I gave this the lower ranking because I watched/listened to this less compared to my #14, and this isn't my very top favorite performance from Adam or Allison.

ย 

Akshar

Both Adam & Allison are such entertaining performers and this was a great performance from them both!

ย 

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #7 Posted)

Alex ain't right for lumping Kris in there with Danny of going to the bathroom for that Final four live show if he were at that show. :dead:ย  And lmaoo Derek's comment. :dead:
ย 

Anywho, good spot for "Slow Ride." This was a great performance from Adam & Allison and I totally get why it has ranked so well. :yes:ย