@taylorkat - 10/20

@FrogLenzen - 10/20

@Crisis - 13/20

@*Wallace - 14/20

@Solaris - 16/20

Diana

a very close second for me

Tom

Carly had some misses on AI7, but she nailed his and changed up on the song to fit her perfectly. 

Steven

"Come Together" isn't a song I'm much of a fan of since the lyrics are too nonsensical, but I really enjoyed Carly's performance of this. Randy was right that she sounded strong and confident as she effortlessly delivered a superb performance. This was easily one of the best performances of the competition

Alex

Y'know comfort movies? Well I have comfort Idol performances and this is at the top of that list. Just a rocker chick completely in the zone nailing a song I love. Not a groundbreaking performance, but doesn't need to be. Completely on the money here.

Nico

Probably my fave cover of this song from AI (and it actually has competition bc there is a lot of really good ones). One of Carly's best.

Chris

One of my many favourite performances from Season 7, and she delivered one of my favourite renditions of the song done on the Idol stage. 

Richard

Still the best version of “Come Together” on the show to this day. Carly looked and sounded fabulous here. Her cool, slinky delivery was the perfect approach to the song, and paired with some of her best powerhouse vocals, this was definitely among the top performances from her season, which is saying a lot considering just how stacked season 7 was.

Akshar

COME TOGETHERRRRR, RIGHT NOW!!!! OH YOU BETTA SANG CARLY!! This song always gets me in a groove and just want to do my stank face and dance along!! Carly ATEEEE with this performance!!!

Gigi

One of my favorite Carly performances.

Derek

I never loved her tone or her performance quality. But for all the other things and choices she made here, there’s nothing wrong at all

Crisis

A solid performance, but I prefer other performances in this round not to mention other renditions of this song on Idol.

Wally

I was quite surprised that Carly’s "Come Together" wasn’t automatically sent through to the Final 20. I know this was one of THE big performances left around for the solo cuts but it’s nice no one cut this and this got to deservingly make it through to the Top 20. Carly’s “Come Together” is simply such a strong and great performance and it’s my very favorite Carly performance. I for sure see this making the Top 10…. possibly even Top 5. But I felt that everything gelled so well here - Carly had killer stage presence, killer vocals and just owned the stage here. I also believe Carly was the first person to sing "Come Together" and no other version compares to this version.

I do love the strong vocals she delivers at the start on the opening verse. I do love the parts where she sings:

He got feet down below his knee

Got to be good looking he just so hard to see.

He wear no shoe shine

He got toe jam football

He got monkey finger

He shoot Coca-Cola

He say I know you, you know me

One thing I can tell you is you got to be free

Come together right now over me

:bobo:

I do love all of the attitude and those power vocals that Carly delivers here.  Ooh and I also forgot I remember loving the parts where she sang “over me” and found that quite hot. :giggle: But yes Carly’s best performance, deserves to be here and I can see it ranking very high.

Reason for this #14 ranking: The performances I have at #14 and #15 are performances I feel the same about and couldn't really figure out which to put higher or lower. Ultimately, I gave this the higher ranking because I watched/listened to this more compared to my #15, and this is my favorite performance of Carly's. So I feel she should have the advantage because of that.

Sola

I Love this but it just doesn’t stack up in this group for me.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #3 Posted)

Well done to Carly's "Come Together" coming in 3rd. Great performance but I greatly preferred the other two so I'm glad this didn't beat those out. :haha: 

So wow Kelly vs. Fantasia again. 😮 Last time I was wanting Fantasia to win but Kelly won it. This time.... well, I'll save that for now as it's my #2 vs. my #5. :giggle: 

Also how is Chris slaying still? :dead: I'm predicting his #2 comes in 2nd and his #1 comes in first. :haha: 

2. Fantasia Barrino "I Believe"

UrqOowT.png

5.8/20

Watch Here

@taylorkat - 1/20

@rdhaley96 - 1/20

@*Chris - 1/20

@FrogLenzen - 2/20

@Crisis - 3/20

@*Diana - 4/20

@Alex95 - 5/20

@*Wallace - 5/20

@~Tom~ - 5/20

@NGM - 6/20

@Steven_ - 10/20

@jarmon - 12/20

@Solaris - 20/20

Gigi

She put so much feeling into this. I wanted it to win and I'm hoping for this to do well here.

Richard

Fantasia’s victory rendition of this song is in contention for the best American Idol performance ever (or at least the most compelling). This version, while not hitting you with the same emotional freight train, still comes pretty close. You can definitely tell that she poured her heart into the song, as she conveyed each lyric with a sort of raw emotional precision. That sort of delivery isn’t something easy to achieve, and she did it with a terrific vocal on top of it all.

Chris

Could Fantasia finally win ? I certainly hope so as she absolutely deserves to with this flawless coronation song.

Derek

I’m excited to see all the high rankings from everyone who preferred this to Summertime. To me the song is way too corny to beat Summertime but Fantasia is a goddess regardless. Wailing a high A♭? When will your fave?

Crisis

Still the best version of a coronation song on Idol. Fantasia is not for everyone, but there was no one better at getting the best out of a song than her.

Diana

my prediction to win this ranking

Alex

Fantasia deserves all the accolades in the world for making me believe in this cheesy ass song. Such conviction. There's very few who have graced the Idol stage that are better at selling a song than Fantasia, if anyone.

Wally

Fantasia’s "I Believe" stands out as one of the best and my favorite American Idol corornation songs ever (alongside “A Moment Like This.”) It was kinda crazy having Fantasia and Diana singing this song. While I do feel Diana’s version is good and kinda underrated, Fantasia absolutely slays this song and it was honestly made for her. :omg: I also feel this is my favorite performance of an Idol coronation song too.

The emotional connection she pours into this song is so bone chilling, it’s as if she wrote the song herself and performed it for years. She sounds so stunning on the opening verse of the song.❤️ But then i really love how she builds this song up once she gets to the chorus. I love how she sings this chorus SO much! :wub: But then my absolute favorite part of the song is where she does all of her signature “Yeah yeah yeah’s” and sing that bridge!

I believe in the impossible

If I reach deep within my heart

Overcome any obstacle

Won't let this dream fall apart

See I strive to be the very best

Shine my light for all to see

Cause anything is possible 

When you believe yeah

That part of the performance is so epic! :omg:

I love the “love keeps lifting me higher” parts of the performance. I also love the choir addition to this performance, as that was such a perfect backing for Fantasia. She always takes it to the church with a number of her performances, and she certainly lived up to that. Goodness, Fantasia gave me all the feels and all the chills with how she sang, performed and emoted this song. It’s truly a thing of beauty.❤️ 

Reason for this #5 ranking: This was such a showstopping and amazing performance from Fantasia. Definitely still stands as the best American Idol coronation performance over these past 20 seasons. I do slightly prefer it over the performances I ranked below this, but I don't think it quite matches up to my personal Top 4, so I think 5th was an easy spot to place this.

Tom

This will do nowhere near as well as Summertime, but I'm hoping it does decently because to was one of the best finale moments. 

Nico

While I love Fantasia and I love her coronation performance of this, if I'm only ranking her first try at it, while it's really really good, it's not completely perfect.

Steven

One of the better Idol coronation songs. Although Fantasia's voice isn't really my cup of tea, this was an exceptional performance. The emotion, the lyrics, and the delivery all came together to make it a standout performance.

Akshar

This is gonna sound so shady but I really do love Joshua Ledet's cover of "I Believe" a lot more than the original by Fantasia. Fantasia's voice does annoy me sometimes when she has the kid-like voice(idk how to explain it), and it was very evident here BUT overall a fantastic song that I love and a great performance all round.

Sola

So this song is a classic from Fantasia, and I agree this was made for her.  That said, I still dislike her voice and we all know where this will rank with me.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #2 Posted)

1. Kelly Clarkson "Stuff Like That There"

q4wEYdX.png

5.7/20

Watch Here

@Solaris - 1/20

@~Tom~ - 1/20

@Steven_ - 1/20

@taylorkat - 2/20

@*Wallace - 2/20

@Crisis - 2/20

@*Chris - 2/20

@rdhaley96 - 3/20

@jarmon - 3/20

@FrogLenzen - 4/20

@NGM - 14/20

@*Diana - 19/20

@Alex95 - 20/20

Sola

Should have won season 1.  Maybe it will win this one? This is the crown jewel of of Kelly Clarksons idol performances.

Tom

Curious if Kelly wins again! I was tempted to tank this but I have no performance I'm dying to win over this. 

Steven

Kelly was flawless on this song! She was charismatic and charming, and her vocals were superb. One of the best Idol performances ever. There are a lot of great performances here, but this just seems like the clear winner to me.

Gigi

Her second best performance for me.

Wally

The Big Band night on Season 1 had some great performances and of course, Kelly’s "Stuff Like That There" is such an amazing and iconic performance! I do go back and forth between this and “A Natural Woman” as my favorite Kelly performance but most of the time, I do choose this. I love how soft and pretty Kelly’s voice is on the a cappella intro of the song, she sounds so gorgeous.❤️ But the true essence and iconic moments come when she kicks the song to its uptempo feel. I love her fast singing there, and the flirty and sassy nature she brings to the song. :bobo: She performed this so effortlessly and truly owned the song. I love the big note she does in the middle of the song and then that little “oooo, ha” she does, which was so cute. :giggle: I also love the “stuff like that there” part she speaks in a sultry way too. :giggle: Of course i love all of the big belting parts she sings throughout and especially towards the end. :omg: But yeah everything else she sings and how she performs here is so amazing! This is an amazing performance that always stands out to me amongst the greatest performances on this series!

Reason for this #2 ranking: I really struggled with my Top 3, in particular my #2 and #3 of which to rank where. Ultimately, I gave "Stuff Like That There" because this was truly such a legendary and memorable performance from both Kelly's run and the entire Idol franchise. A reason why I wasn't 100% totally happy with "A Natural Woman" winning the #2s round is because I would rather see "Stuff Like That There" pull off the win for the #3s round (if my #1 doesn't win, which I don't think it will). I hope Kelly winning the last round doesn't prevent this performance chances of winning but we'll see.

Crisis

An iconic performance and considered to be one of the best. Kelly made a difficult song look easy. I have a feeling this won’t place first because A Natural Woman won the second-place round, but it wouldn’t surprise me if this did.

Chris

Remains one of my all-time favourite performances in Idol history.

Richard

Any of the top three performances from this season would have been a worthy winner for it. Kelly was sensational here. She played into the vintage, big band theme perfectly, giving an animated and fun performance alongside a near-flawless vocal. Absolutely among the best performances to ever come from this show.

Akshar

*standing ovation* OMG! This was such a fun and dynamic performance!1 I was LIVING FOR EVERYTHING WTF IT WAS SO GOOD! The amount of control she had throughout this performance is insane like this song goes by so fast, her breath control was off the charts! ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!! Miss Clarkson is in a league of her own!!

Derek

She’s probably going to win this set too lololol. Is she going to get any tanks? Not from me

Nico

Partially here so hopefully we get a different winner ngl :haha: If it ends up winning oh well, it's still terrific.

Diana

she just won so I am going to be petty

Alex

Kelly winning an IDF game? Shocker :yawn:. Anyways, I hope y'all gave Tamyra Gray "Minnie the Moocher" your daily listen today, aka the best performance of AI1 Top 6 night :yes:

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #1 Posted)

Dangggg at just one point separating the Top 2 here. That's crazy! :omg: 

OMG Kelly winning by just a point even with two tanks in there (or 3 if we count Nico's as a tank?). :dead: Others had 1 tank but still couldn't win.

I am conflicted on how I feel here. I do prefer "Stuff Like That There" over "I Believe," though both are incredible performances. But this was my favorite performance from Kelly and the one I wanted to win, so I'm glad it did. But at the same time, this was probably THE best chance/time for Fantasia to win so I'm a little sad she couldn't get her win here. Although in a perfect world, "Summertime" winning over "A Natural Woman" would have been perfect/ideal. 😢 

20 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

alrighty then, who wants to cut Kelly from the winner game while Fantasia is still immune?

YOU STOP. :dead: We already just lost Jordin & Trent and we don't need to lose anymore Idols for awhile, as there's like only 6 left. :dead: 

• Like 1