@Solaris - 9/20

@taylorkat - 12/20

@FrogLenzen - 13/20

@Steven_ - 14/20

@*Diana - 15/20

@jarmon - 18/20

@~Tom~ - 20/20

Crisis

Still one of the gutsiest performances in Idol history. There have been other performances that have started a cappella but never sung all the way through. Bo went and did that thing. I doubt this will have a high ranking because Bo doesn’t appear to be all that popular, but it gets my #1 here.

Richard

Bo took a big gamble with this performance, but it paid off in spades for him. His power and conviction here was unrivaled, and the choice to go acapella ensured that nothing else distracted away from his delivery. Such a compelling performance that would absolutely be a worthy winner here.

Wally

Bo’s "In A Dream" was the first a cappella performance on this series, and it was truly a showstopping and captivating performance!  This was definitely my favorite Bo performance and I am glad to rank this at #4, even though objectively…. it probably deserves even higher than that. This performance highlighted what a strong and powerful voice Bo has. He also really got to pour his heart out and emoted the song so beautifully. I love how he took his time with this and sang each lyric in such a vulnerable powerful way. Some of my favorite parts that Bo sings includes:

Let me fall within your arms

Let me hear your beating heart

Close my eyes far away in a dream

:omg: 

But my favorite part is the ending of it where he sings:

In the morning I wake

And I'm blessed by God's grace

Just to open my eeeyyyyeeeeessss

That part where he belts out “eyes” is especially amazing. :omg: This was such an amazing and memorable performance from Bo. I’m hoping this performance ranks high because this truly deserves it.

Reason for this #4 ranking: This was such an incredible and legendary performance from Bo! Definitely one of the best Idol performances ever, and I can even understand those that may think this IS the best Idol performance ever. These top spots are tricky to figure out but 4th just works and makes sense for me here as I prefer my Top 3 more!

Nico

Similar to LP, should be higher but I put it slightly lower bc of well, him. That said, this was such a risk, and he nailed it.

Alex

But wow...what a moment. Truly one of the most groundbreaking moments in Idol history. Maybe in the back of my mind I lowered him a bit cause he sucks, but I also really love everything I ranked in my top 8.

Chris

One of the few performance of Bo’s that I like, and certainly up there as one of the most memorable performance from S4 along with “Alone” and “You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me”. 

Sola

I petty ranked this last time.  But this is fantastic.

Gigi

I like Whipping Post more, but this is nice.

Derek

Iconic but not my favorite in the grand scheme. Also it’s kind of dull by the end oop

Steven

Undoubtedly an Idol moment. It was a bold decision to sing a cappella like that, and no other Idol has been courageous enough to do this since then.

Diana

team Carrie forever sorry

Akshar

Oooh I loved him singing this acapella. He really had the whole room silenced and this was a great performance. 

Tom

I preferred Bo in his rock lane. This is good but a tad overrated. 

Edited by Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #11 Posted)
1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

This is probably the worst I've done in this game so far. :dead: :wub: 

*awaits for QK to brag about me not doing so good here*

And I am doing well again. :wub: 

Wish Ruben was a little higher though! 

Edited by ~Tom~

10. Chris Daughtry "Hemorrhage (In My Hands)"

pmk6R49.png

9.78/20

Watch Here

@Alex95 - 1/20

@NGM - 2/20

@Steven_ - 3/20

@~Tom~ - 4/20

@*Wallace - 7/20

@*Chris - 7/20

@FrogLenzen - 8/20

@Solaris - 12/20

@rdhaley96 - 14/20

@jarmon - 14/20

@*Diana - 16/20

@taylorkat - 19/20

@Crisis - 20/20

Alex

The lack of taste smh...This is exactly what I want out of an Idol performance. It's exactly who Chris is as an artist, performed perfectly, and something I go back to and watch whenever I'm in the mood for it. Iconic!

Nico

I'm going back and forth between this and my #1, but #2 isn't too bad either. Chris killed this.

Steven

This performance was so strong that it made all the other guys that night look weak in comparison. It was almost jarring how all the other guys looked like complete wannabes after Chris closed the night with this performance. The song suited Chris perfectly, he delivered it flawlessly, and he proved he was already good enough to make it in the real world. This was definitely one of the best performances of the season.

Tom

Flawless. Brought Fuel on the map too, who are a really good/underrated band. 

Wally

Chris Daughtry’s "Hemorrhage (In My Hands)" is really such an iconic performance and truly deserving of making it to the Top 20. This is also my very favorite performance of Chris’ which I will rank at #3. When I saw Alex & Elliott paired together I was predicting and hoping they would advance this through and I’m super glad they did. Not sure if anyone else makes this comparison but I think of this performance as the Season 5 version of Bo Bice’s “Whipping Post” - as they were both showstopping iconic rock performances that closed the Guys Week 2 semi-finals episode. The only difference is that I do really love and consider this one of my favorite performances of the season. I also think this was THE defining performance of the semi-finals in Season 5 too! :yes: As a Katharine & Elliott stan, I do feel a lot threatened by this performance and can see it winning…. and I do think it can pull off the win. But I do proper rankings in this game and love this too much to tank it so I won’t be mad if this wins. Although maybe there will be some people to rank this low… and maybe some Kat fans may try to tank this (as I see Chris & Kat fans tanking the others performances) but we’ll see.

I also know and remember this song when it came out but I never really cared for it but Chris’ version made me really appreciate and love the song. I thought he made a great song choice picking a modern day rock song and showcasing him as a music artist when he would launch his career (which he was successful in achieving). I remember Fuel really loving Chris’ version of this song and wanting Chris to sing it with him. I don’t think he was able to as he was still in the competition but eventually he did (not sure when). So that is really amazing in itself.

But really what is there to say about this performance that I haven’t said already? It’s truly showstopping from start to finish. Chris’ vocal and the way he emotes and connects to the lyrics of the song is outstanding. I love how Chris starts off the first verse in a soft and subdued way….. and it brings attention to what he is singing there. He gradually builds up this performance so well. I love how he sings and powers through the chorus. But then it gets to another level of epic once he gets into the bridge and final chorus of the song where he sings:

And leave love bleeding in my hands, in my hands 

Love lies bleeding 

And I watched as you turned away 

You don't remember, but I do 

You never even tried 

Don't fall away and leave love bleeding in my hands, in my hands again 

(And then all of his closing belting ad-libs at the end)

:omg:

This is truly an iconic performance. I love Randy’s comments of how this was the right song for Chris and how you could hear him on the radio with this kind of song (which is so true and did end up happening).

Reason for this #7 ranking: This was an amazing performance from Chris' and my favorite from him as well. I had my #6 and #7 performances interchangeable and really tight in rankings. These were two of the harder performances' rankings to figure out. I gave this the lower end ranking, as I do feel like Chris will have a lot more support than my #6 performance, which I feels needs the help. If I'm wrong, I apologize Chris fans.... even though I still gave him a really high ranking.

Chris

One of the performance of Season 5, and one of his best, if not his best performance. 

Derek

Katharine isn’t here now. Okay so this wasn’t that bad. Didn’t have a lot of the major problems that are in his other performances

Sola

Classic!

Richard

Maybe I’m nitpicking a bit, but I feel like compared to a lot of the others here, this hasn’t aged particularly well. The song, the delivery, the outfit, it all just feels a bit dated. Daughtry obviously sang and performed the song well, which really for him goes without saying. I just feel like something was missing? 

Akshar

Chris Daughtry is just so damn fine! I don't even like this song but he really made me enjoy this song a lot more. His voice is just so amazing and I enjoyed this.

Diana

he was robbed

Gigi

He isn't bad, but I have never been a fan.

Crisis

Is this the weakest performance in this Top 20? No. This would be in the lower Top 10 if I were ranking it objectively. However, this is me embracing my petty side after holding back through most of the game.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #10 Posted)

Aww sad for Chris' "Hemorrhage (In My Hands)" coming in 10th as I was hoping that would have done a little better. :( 

:dead: @ Crisis being petty with his ranking. And how his #1 and #20 got posted back-to-back. That's insane. 🤣

Now can my #20 kindly show up, please? 🙈

9. Kree Harrison "Up To The Mountain" (Reprise)

xaRp4S7.png

9.2/20

Watch Here

@*Diana - 5/20

@NGM - 5/20

@*Chris - 5/20

@jarmon - 5/20

@taylorkat - 6/20

@~Tom~ - 6/20

@Crisis - 7/20

@FrogLenzen - 7/20

@Solaris - 10/20

@rdhaley96 - 12/20

@Steven_ - 12/20

@Alex95 - 19/20

@*Wallace - 20/20

Diana

beautiful song by Kree

Nico

Kree's best moment in the show. I'm so happy she made finale so she could reprise and actually surpass her early performance of this. We didn't deserve a F2 of Candice and Kree tbh.

Chris

No one can do wrong with this song, and it was no exception to Kree who absolutely nailed it - I know it has no chance of winning but I still got to rank it pretty high as it’s one that I often revisit.

Akshar

*standing ovation* I remember being SO obsessed with this cover! It's just such a beautiful and stunning performance from Kree! She sang this so effortlessly and got the emotions across and had me in complete awe. 

Gigi

Possibly my favorite performance from her.

Tom

Flawless. Was better the second time and contributed to one of the best finales. 

Crisis

Like Candice, Kree had a reprise in the finale that was better than the first version. This was just a lovely vocal from her.

Derek

omg I forgot that Season 12 had other contestants. This was pretty

Sola

Her best performance by a long shot.  Captivating performance.

Richard

This was pretty. I don’t think this was necessarily a showstopping moment, but Kree definitely chose a good song for her voice and sang it well. She looked gorgeous here, too. 

Steven

Beautiful performance from Kree. The song played to her strengths, and she delivered a finale worthy performance.

Alex

A pretty performance, but not exactly my cup of tea. I also didn't love the arrangement, I feel like the performance ended just as it was getting going.

Wally

Kree sang "Up To The Mountain" earlier in the season as well as later in the season. I don't really know which version I prefer, but it's nice how this made it into the finals. Kree sang this beautifully and really connected well to the song. I will say, the start is nice but doesn't do a whole lot for me. But I do love it when she starts belting out the song and really starts getting it. I do love the different vocal choices she shows in her vocal range. Very lovely performance from Kreedom.

Reason for this #20 ranking: Lol I feel like I'm gonna lose some friends with this ranking. :dead: This is beautiful and good from Kree but.... this personally didn't really move or get me super invested. This is one of the few performances that doesn't grab me here. It's one of those performances where I really enjoy/like while watching it but then forget about it 5 minutes later when watching other performances.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (3rd Placers - #9 Posted)