The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

3 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

100% agree, I would have preferred him advancing over a few of the ones who did make the live shows that season. Specifically Will and Alex as he was artistically similar in their lanes the most.

Oops, I always skip past the first 20 seconds his battle with Kyndal cause I can't stand his opening :stealth:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

His blind is still one of my favs

He should've turned all four chairs.  Gwen got quite a few solid three-chair-turns that season who would've and should've been four-chair-turns but for either Kelly (Jake and Calvin) or John (James).

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

He should've turned all four chairs.  Gwen got quite a few solid three-chair-turns who would've and should've been four-chair-turns but for either Kelly (Jake and Calvin) or John (James).

Every season everyone is like Gwen didn't get a single 4-chair, but her three/two chair turns are reaaaally dope !

• Like 3

13 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

100% agree, I would have preferred him advancing over a few of the ones who did make the live shows that season. Specifically Will and Alex as he was artistically similar in their lanes the most.

As a fan of all three, I’d rank Will and James ahead of Alex in terms of my personal taste music-wise but I’d put James and Alex ahead of Will based on just their Knockouts. If James hadn’t been against Khalea, I think he’d have likely won.

I don’t think Kenzie will win. It’s almost too obvious and now him possibly getting montaged, and before someone says it I know every s15 finalist got short clipped/montages for battles yet I forgot who said this but since this is a short season, I would have forgotten about him without idf. Just seems to obvious imo. 

53 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

I don’t think Kenzie will win. It’s almost too obvious and now him possibly getting montaged, and before someone says it I know every s15 finalist got short clipped/montages for battles yet I forgot who said this but since this is a short season, I would have forgotten about him without idf. Just seems to obvious imo. 

I understand the logic, but there isn’t really an alternative frontrunner at the moment. Maybe an argument could be made for Cam, but he may have to battle just to get the PV. Battles rarely have much of an impact. Can you think of one that has? Maybe Brynn. Help me come up with some more. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I understand the logic, but there isn’t really an alternative frontrunner at the moment. Maybe an argument could be made for Cam, but he may have to battle just to get the PV. Battles rarely have much of an impact. Can you think of one that has? Maybe Brynn. Help me come up with some more. 

I believe Britton got a bit of a bump due to his battle, since he was viewed as fodder before that. Someone correct me if I´m wrong by the way.

And regarding Kenzie, yeah, I don´t think it will affect him but montaging him out of all the ones they could have chosen shows me they may want to even the field a bit for perhaps one of Blake´s artists (Either Cam or Pete, depending on who gets the PV) to step front and center.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I believe Britton got a bit of a bump due to his battle, since he was viewed as fodder before that. Someone correct me if I´m wrong by the way.

And regarding Kenzie, yeah, I don´t think it will affect him but montaging him out of all the ones they could have chosen shows me they may want to even the field a bit for perhaps one of Blake´s artists (Either Cam or Pete, depending on who gets the PV) to step front and center.

They sort of tried some of this stuff with Chevel too. Montaged her battle, never closing an episode, always calling her safe late...even last one week, etc. The one thing she did have is good song choices. That’s one thing Kelly most likely has control over. However, Kenzie isn’t as appealing to the audience as Chevel was, IMO. There isn’t as much competition this time, though.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They sort of tried some of this stuff with Chevel too. Montaged her battle, never closing an episode, always calling her safe late...even last one week, etc. The one thing she did have is good song choices. That’s one thing Kelly most likely has control over. However, Kenzie isn’t as appealing to the audience as Chevel was, IMO. There isn’t as much competition this time, though.  

Yeah, even with this,  I think the only genuine competition he might have will be the Team Blake PV.

• Like 1

Assuming they didn´t tune him (we´ll never know since nobody here that I know attended that taping and sources can be biased), I would have probably stolen Deion. The more I watch it, the more I like that battle. 

Edited by Misirlou

2 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

I disagreed with a LOT of the choices tonight

Deion > Victor STRICTLY based on this battle alone

Ainee > Anna (read Deion and Victor)

Andrew >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Raine

Bradley > Rachel by a hair

Lmao this is unpop's thread. Sorry..

Edited by Jyn Mycle

I just listened to Jake Worthington's cover of Don't Close Your Eyes on The Voice, and I didn't think it was bad at all. In fact, I thought it was good! 

I wonder if this is going to get me a ton of confused reactions lmao, I'm kind of hoping it will :haha:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I just listened to Jake Worthington's cover of Don't Close Your Eyes on The Voice, and I didn't think it was bad at all. In fact, I thought it was good! 

I wonder if this is going to get me a ton of confused reactions lmao, I'm kind of hoping it will :haha:

Are you going to keep going, or just stop at his blind. Haha...

Honestly, he wasn’t as bad as IDF wants you to believe. Not my cup of tea, though. 

13 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

His audition is often viewed as his saving grace on the show, so I wouldn´t call that unpopular. His second battle (Have A Little Faith in Me with Tess Boyer) was excellent and better than his blind for sure. That was his high point for me.

The rest of his run was mediocre, but he´s not really bad to be honest, at least I never thought that. IDF views him in a negative way because he outlasted several favorites that season like Audra, Sissaundra and most notably, Christina. 

I don´t think he should have made the finale, but yeah, he wasn´t that bad. I´d take him over Gyth and Tanner any day.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Are you going to keep going, or just stop at his blind. Haha...

Honestly, he wasn’t as bad as IDF wants you to believe. Not my cup of tea, though. 

Funny that you commented just now, I was just listening to Audra's BA lmao

Back on topic though, I just listened to Heaven, and it wasn't that great, but it definitely doesn't seem as bad as the comments on here have made me think. I guess it makes sense that people are mad he went far b/c he beat out some others they probably liked, but he really doesn't seem toooo bad. The IDF comments would have made me think he gave a "The Voice Season 19 Knockouts: Casme - Wrecking Ball" every performance, but in actuality, he seems at worst, mediocre (and I don't know if even that is a fair assessment).

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

Funny that you commented just now, I was just listening to Audra's BA lmao

Back on topic though, I just listened to Heaven, and it wasn't that great, but it definitely doesn't seem as bad as the comments on here have made me think. I guess it makes sense that people are mad he went far b/c he beat out some others they probably liked, but he really doesn't seem toooo bad. The IDF comments would have made me think he gave a "The Voice Season 19 Knockouts: Casme - Wrecking Ball" every performance, but in actuality, he seems at worst, mediocre (and I don't know if even that is a fair assessment).

He had this laid back personality that minivan couldn’t get enough of. He could have sang the alphabet and made the finale. I’m still surprised he didn’t win. 

• Thanks 1

Rewatched a few S17 clips and Preston Howell wasn´t nearly as bad as what IDF thought of him. Yes, his voice was underdeveloped for his genre, and Mendeleyev should have won that battle, but his audition was very good. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3