The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

20 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Thank you, I needed the tea lmao ! But then who's the other Voice winner ? I though there were two of them 👀

They were mentioned above. That’s as far as I wish to go with it. In the end, if that’s what makes them happy, so be it. I just think it often holds them back. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Micah put that song to rest and I'm not even a fan of him.

Now here's an unpopular opinion: you can't "put a song to rest". I am sick and tired of people on IDF saying that "X contestant retired Y song" or something like that. Each rendition of a song is different because every artist is different. I will gladly listen to a 100 covers of "when the party's over", "Wicked Game", or "Falling" on the show because each artist's rendition of it will be different. Rachel and Bradley's goal was to put their own spin on a classic Elton John song, not to make their rendition better than Micah's. So if you preferred Micah's version, that's great. And if you preferred Rachel's and Bradley's version, that's also great. 🙄

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Now here's an unpopular opinion: you can't "put a song to rest". I am sick and tired of people on IDF saying that "X contestant retired Y song" or something like that. Each rendition of a song is different because every artist is different. I will gladly listen to a 100 covers of "when the party's over", "Wicked Game", or "Falling" on the show because each artist's rendition of it will be different. Rachel and Bradley's goal was to put their own spin on a classic Elton John song, not to make their rendition better than Micah's. So if you preferred Micah's version, that's great. And if you preferred Rachel's and Bradley's version, that's also great. 🙄

I realized how messed up it was when Casme had such a poor reception because of Katie Kadan's version, her rendition was still awesome and different.

However, I still do think that some songs should be avoided, not because of other contestants, but because it's overdone af and I'm sure they can bring something new and fresh to the table. I don't know if I'm contradicting myself lmaoo

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, sneaky said:

I dont know if its unpopular but Ive been watching the top 24 on American Idol and the artists seem a lot more interesting and marketable on Idol. But the American Idol thread is much shorter so I guess it unpopular

I agree about the marketable part. Not so much on the interesting part. There are interesting contestants in both casts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I agree about the marketable part. Not so much on the interesting part. There are interesting contestants in both casts.

This.

I feel like it has something to do with the fact that Idol focuses on much younger contestants, they even have that low age limit, if I am right?

I prefer the much diverse and fresh cast from The Voice though. What I did not liked about the cast of Idol this season (or maybe even on the past few seasons, idk) is that they focused on the artists who had a spotlight already (social media famous, i.e. Benson, Mary Jo, etc.) compared to the cast of The Voice, whose names are pretty new to many (except maybe for Gean, who's kinda tiktok famous and Ciana, who's kinda known on instagram (?))

idk just my two cents

4 hours ago, AliXRose said:

I realized how messed up it was when Casme had such a poor reception because of Katie Kadan's version, her rendition was still awesome and different.

Yeah, I was shocked that I was one of the only people that really liked her BA on here (and her percentage in the app was criminally low!). I think I only remember one other person (Someone648) who said they liked her BA on here, but I'm probably missing others. Both Katie and Casme had great auditions, IMO.

• Like 2

Back to a different battle than this week's leak: 

For Corey vs. Savanna, the correct artist went into the 4-Way Knockout. 

From my observations of both Corey and Savanna as people, Corey can get very "in his head" about his performances - it's not a knock on him as a vocalist, but in a situation where you have to be mentally clear and focused on the moment, risking overthinking it can tank a performance that otherwise has a lot of potential.

Compare that to Savanna, who's literally as laid-back as you can get and who was genuinely excited about being in the 4-Way Knockout with zero nerves evident. She strikes me as the sort of person who's more easily going to roll with the punches and will be less likely to get hung up on anything that may not go perfectly as planned with her performance. That sort of mindset seems like it's going to help her out come performance time rather than potentially be a hindrance the way overthinking a performance can be.

I think Corey would've been mostly fine had he been the coach save instead of Savanna, but between the two I think Savanna's chances of cracking under that pressure are a bit lower than Corey's. We'll see.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Back to a different battle than this week's leak: 

For Corey vs. Savanna, the correct artist went into the 4-Way Knockout. 

From my observations of both Corey and Savanna as people, Corey can get very "in his head" about his performances - it's not a knock on him as a vocalist, but in a situation where you have to be mentally clear and focused on the moment, risking overthinking it can tank a performance that otherwise has a lot of potential.

Compare that to Savanna, who's literally as laid-back as you can get and who was genuinely excited about being in the 4-Way Knockout with zero nerves evident. She strikes me as the sort of person who's more easily going to roll with the punches and will be less likely to get hung up on anything that may not go perfectly as planned with her performance. That sort of mindset seems like it's going to help her out come performance time rather than potentially be a hindrance the way overthinking a performance can be.

I think Corey would've been mostly fine had he been the coach save instead of Savanna, but between the two I think Savanna's chances of cracking under that pressure are a bit lower than Corey's. We'll see.

Corey did better in the battle too imo. :ph34rwave:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

For that reason, Savanna kinda gives me Chevel vibes. Chevel had a similar confident and laid-back attitude when performing on The Voice. 🧐

• Like 1

3 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Yeah, I was shocked that I was one of the only people that really liked her BA on here (and her percentage in the app was criminally low!). I think I only remember one other person (Someone648) who said they liked her BA on here, but I'm probably missing others. Both Katie and Casme had great auditions, IMO.

Me Too Samesies GIF

Her stage presence was incredible (damn KO song, it wasn't for her

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Yeah, I thought she did better in their battle, but she could handle the situation better. It's actually refreshing to see someone like Savanna who performs with the confidence of a celebrity guest performer. That girl is unstoppable (except by the hands of Minivan).

I´m actually kind of torn in that battle. At first glance I preferred Corey, but the more I rewatch it I´m leaning more towards Savanna. The song definitely was more in her favor.

I do disagree about Corey getting in his head from what I´ve seen, I didn´t notice an ounce of nerves in both of his performances so far, so I think he would have made a good choice for the 4 way KO, especially since he realistically would have had a bigger shot with Minivan.

In the end, I think it has been my favorite battle this season thus far, and they both deservingly went through. Would have preferred a steal instead of the 4 way, but either way we are hearing them both again.

Edited by Misirlou

8 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I disagree, the song definitely was a better fit for Savanna's voice. She sounded a lot more connected, if that makes sense.

I didn’t feel anything from Savanna though. Corey was more emotionally invested in the lyrics and I felt that. However, to each their own.

• Thanks 1

James Violet´s KO wasn´t that bad. It wasn´t a Jake Wells (😢) type of flop.  I would have actually liked to see him in the lives given that he was one of the most interesting contestants of that season.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

James Violet´s KO wasn´t that bad. It wasn´t a Jake Wells (😢) type of flop.  I would have actually liked to see him in the lives given that he was one of the most interesting contestants of that season.

100% agree, I would have preferred him advancing over a few of the ones who did make the live shows that season. Specifically Will and Alex as he was artistically similar in their lanes the most.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

His blind is still one of my favs