The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

7 hours ago, Daillon said:

Rachel vs Bradley being a standing O instead of Corey vs Savanna (or Ryleigh vs Gean) is pretty random.

I prefer Rachel/Bradley to Corey/Savannah and Ryleigh/Gean. :stealth:

Edited by Hamza Tufail

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I won’t mention names, but for some female contestants, boyfriends are as big a drag on post-show careers as anything. Especially when they are front and center, and don’t have matching talent, which is almost always the case. They just end up being boat anchors. :P There are two that immediately come to mind for me. 

On the flip side, (ex) boyfriends can give her tons of materials for emotional songs.

I don't know who you're referring to, BTW. (you can PM me if you wanna name names) ;)

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I won’t mention names, but for some female contestants, boyfriends are as big a drag on post-show careers as anything. Especially when they are front and center, and don’t have matching talent, which is almost always the case. They just end up being boat anchors. :P There are two that immediately come to mind for me. 

👀 

2 hours ago, season1 said:

On the flip side, (ex) boyfriends can give her tons of materials for emotional songs.

I don't know who you're referring to, BTW. (you can PM me if you wanna name names) ;)

It’s not difficult to figure it out. Fans of these past contestants know who I’m talking about. :yes:  

43 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s not difficult to figure it out. Fans of these past contestants know who I’m talking about. :yes:  

I know one for sure but I have no idea about the other one.

8 hours ago, QueenCami said:

I've heard about that. I would say I can't believe people could be so unkind to contestants, especially young ones, like that, but... I've seen it even in minimal my time on IDF. From my understanding, Chloe vs. Addison was a whole other level (?) If you're comfortable expounding, that would be interesting to hear about

We used to have an anti-female squad on the forum that really hated Addison (probably because she was the frontrunner before the top 11 night), I think people confuse that group with actual Chloe fans. I don't read every single thread on this forum so I can't speak for everyone but the most active Chloe fans I met in her fan thread were pretty civil and mature. BTW, they're proof that you don't need to be overly positive or police other people's comments to be a "nice" poster. :yes:

About the anti female squad, I guess four seasons of Team Waffle dominance were too much for them to handle :teeheewave:

Edited by echoap

Just now, Daillon said:

I know one for sure but I have no idea about the other one.

One of them may not be so obvious since they didn’t win the show. In the meantime, I thought of another, but they don’t seem to be together anymore. Another former winner. This should be an easy one. 🤔 

9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Kinda agree with this tbh :haha:

I often see more relationship updates rather than covers or music info 😂

Edited by echoap

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

:haha:

Yep. It’s a touchy subject, but it’s definitely a factor. 

I want to protect their actual names so I'm just gonna say Maddison, Johanne and Zoe mk, from the people I follow 🤪 :haha:

• Haha 5

16 minutes ago, echoap said:

I want to protect their actual names so I'm just gonna say Maddison, Johanne and Zoe mk, from the people I follow 🤪 :haha:

That’s 2/3 that I was thinking of. Didn’t even think of the first one, but I’ll go with it. 

4 minutes ago, echoap said:

Let's just call her Johanne Shevchenko lol :haha:

If they had their own successful careers outside of music, it could be different, but they often don’t, so it effectively ends up being a duo with a HUGE gap in talent. That’s not what we signed up for. LOL!

• Haha 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

If they had their own successful careers outside of music, it could be different, but they often don’t, so it effectively ends up being a duo with a HUGE gap in talent. That’s not what we signed up for. LOL!

The guy is a pretty good guitar player, but I agree. Seems like their music vision might be a bit similar though, hence why they are also doing it together. (Correct me if I'm wrong, since I dont really follow their social media lives)

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

MTE :haha:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The guy is a pretty good guitar player, but I agree. Seems like their music vision might be a bit similar though, hence why they are also doing it together. (Correct me if I'm wrong, since I dont really follow their social media lives)

Most of the successful up and coming artists keep their private and professional lives mostly separated on social media. That’s mostly what I’m talking about here. But the “duo” aspect is a factor too. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, echoap said:

Thank you, I needed the tea lmao ! But then who's the other Voice winner ? I though there were two of them 👀

Apologies if this has been said (but it’s a very long thread and I’m in class) but was I the only one who didn’t enjoy the Rachel vs Bradley battle? I thought they from a technique and objective point they sang it well, but the song is so beautiful because of how simple it is (“You can tell everybody this is your song, it maybe quite simple....) I just found Rachel’s huge vibrato to be contrived and Bradley going from his deep chest voice, to his falsetto, to his belting rocker voice simply felt way too much. (No comments on their talent, they’re better then I ever could be)

22 minutes ago, thevoiceswimmer said:

Apologies if this has been said (but it’s a very long thread and I’m in class) but was I the only one who didn’t enjoy the Rachel vs Bradley battle? I thought they from a technique and objective point they sang it well, but the song is so beautiful because of how simple it is (“You can tell everybody this is your song, it maybe quite simple....) I just found Rachel’s huge vibrato to be contrived and Bradley going from his deep chest voice, to his falsetto, to his belting rocker voice simply felt way too much. (No comments on their talent, they’re better then I ever could be)

1 minute ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Rachel and Bradley's battle isn't nearly as good as some folks here seem to think.

Micah put that song to rest and I'm not even a fan of him.

Seems like it’s not really unpopular after all :haha:

• Haha 1