The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

Although Pia definitely beat Ciana, I just rewatched and Ciana was very very impressive with how she dealt with that super difficult song. She did not go down w/o a fight! I thought there were minor breath control issues (and a few pitch stuff as a result), but her performance as a whole was excellent, to me! I'm willing to be a little more understanding on those minor pitch stuff b/c that's one heck of a song, too - it practically requires having 10+ lungs to be able to sing perfectly.

I'm very proud and happy with how Ciana did; whether or not it was the song she wanted/chose, she did end on a high note, for me.

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Although Pia definitely beat Ciana, I just rewatched and Ciana was very very impressive with how she dealt with that super difficult song. She did not go down w/o a fight! I thought there were minor breath control issues (and a few pitch stuff as a result), but her performance as a whole was excellent, to me! I'm willing to be a little more understanding on those minor pitch stuff b/c that's one heck of a song, too - it practically requires having 10+ lungs to be able to sing perfectly.

I'm very proud and happy with how Ciana did; whether or not it was the song she wanted/chose, she did end on a high note, for me.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon
(Charlie liked it too. :giggle:)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Gean > Victor

Preferred Ryleigh over Corey but they were neck and neck love them both prob my top 2 of the season

This is unpopular. Corey gave a finale performance, I think he’s seriously a dark horse

Just now, VoiceFan! said:

Corey gave a finale performance

Random thought, I don't really like throwing around "finale performance" because oftentimes the finale performances aren't even that great LOL

• Like 3

Just now, FloorWax said:

Random thought, I don't really like throwing around "finale performance" because oftentimes the finale performances aren't even that great LOL

Haha very true. I can see why you might have preferred Ryleigh (I preferred her in rehearsals and I think Kelly had the intention to pick her had she not seen Corey perform on the night)

1 minute ago, VoiceFan! said:

Haha very true. I can see why you might have preferred Ryleigh (I preferred her in rehearsals and I think Kelly had the intention to pick her had she not seen Corey perform on the night)

I didn't prefer Ryleigh though? That was @thevoicefan12? Or maybe I missed the point of your post 🤣

2 hours ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Gean > Victor

Preferred Ryleigh over Corey but they were neck and neck love them both prob my top 2 of the season

I was coming here to say this. Victor had one of my favorite auditions but Gean outsold in this KO

6 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Tanner's audition

idk why but this was one of the rare performances i actively disliked even if they were singing well. i just couldn't stand Tanner for some reason lol.

• Like 1

This opinion will be very unpopular here, I'm sure, but I just have to say the Pete Mroz has 2 things going against him: his age and his affiliation with Blake. Don't get me wrong, I love his voice and thought his blind audition in particular was spectacular. But it used to be that TPTB were pretty anti-older contestants, but since I've been gone a while, this might have changed.

I also think Cam has one thing going against him, and that's his prior success as a young singer. In his blind, he also revealed that he was already in the studio cutting a song/album/whatever, so for me, I'm just thinking, why vote for you if you already have what you have? Is this just a way to get more fans/attention for what he's already doing? He's a talented young man, but I have to wonder why his star faded.

Oh well.

5 minutes ago, monkshood said:

I also think Cam has one thing going against him, and that's his prior success as a young singer. In his blind, he also revealed that he was already in the studio cutting a song/album/whatever, so for me, I'm just thinking, why vote for you if you already have what you have? Is this just a way to get more fans/attention for what he's already doing? He's a talented young man, but I have to wonder why his star faded.

I think he left his old record label.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, monkshood said:

This opinion will be very unpopular here, I'm sure, but I just have to say the Pete Mroz has 2 things going against him: his age and his affiliation with Blake. Don't get me wrong, I love his voice and thought his blind audition in particular was spectacular. But it used to be that TPTB were pretty anti-older contestants, but since I've been gone a while, this might have changed.

I disagree because:

1.) The Voice has always been much friendlier to older contestants than most shows, which is probably why I gravitated towards it (two of my all-time snowflakes are the oldest winners of The Voice). 

2.) His affiliation with Blake is arguably the main thing most casual watchers of the show remember Pete for. That kind of recognizability can be a factor in the voting rounds.

(BTW, welcome back to the forums, this is MJ btw, I hope you remember me from the Josh K fan thread. <3)

• Like 1