The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Seems to be unpopular here, but John Holiday was the best voice of his season, and one of the best singers the show has ever had.

In terms of pure voice, technique, and theorical knowledge, I agree. The guy has one of the most impressive resumes ever seen on the show, he´s a respected vocal teacher with a good amount of students throughout the years. Plus, he sings opera and jazz, and does it marvelously.

That being said, it was clear from the start that neither his voice nor his style were going to be for everyone. I reckon, I myself didn´t enjoy several of his vocal choices, but eventually he knew what he was doing. The only time he geniuenly presented technical issues was in the finale. I don´t know what happened there. 

So I will say he had the best voice last season, but he wasn´t the best contestant that season for me. Desz and Carter were more consistent in the end, but off the show, the story changes.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2021 at 5:31 PM, Misirlou said:

In terms of pure voice, technique, and theorical knowledge, I agree. The guy has one of the most impressive resumes ever seen on the show, he´s a respected vocal teacher with a good amount of students throughout the years. Plus, he sings opera and jazz, and does it marvelously.

That being said, it was clear from the start that neither his voice nor his style were going to be for everyone. I reckon, I myself didn´t enjoy several of his vocal choices, but eventually he knew what he was doing. The only time he geniuenly presented technical issues was in the finale. I don´t know what happened there. 

So I will say he had the best voice last season, but he wasn´t the best contestant that season for me. Desz and Carter were more consistent in the end, but off the show, the story changes.

That's fair, I'm inclined to agree. I do admit John's performances off the show might skew my perspective a bit since I had his jazz performances on repeat for a while. 

On the show I would say Deszs run was stronger. Her finale performances were not as bad as johns, and even in their good to great performances desz had less off moments than john.

18 hours ago, Daillon said:

Zania’s blind > Her KO

For me:

Zania's battle > Zania's KO > Zania's blind.

And for the real unpop opinions:

- I thought her blind was too static, she kept repeating the same note over and over again until the end

- I thought her battle was great, no issues there

- I thought her KO was a tad boring, she hit some cool notes at the end, but it was just kinda there for the rest of the time, compared to Vanessa's KO which had texture and style throughout that really made the song enjoyable even when she wasn't hitting high notes

DISCLAIMER: Please don't quote me and get heated over this lmao (though I'm happy to discuss civilly!), reminder that this is the unpop opinions thread, so, it's just that: opinions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Came across this again, and didn´t realize how good this actually was. This was the moment I wanted him to have all season. If I was just judging based on finale performance, I would have given the win to Jim.

Can't open it now but, this was "With A Little Help From My Friends," right? This was really good.

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Came across this again, and didn´t realize how good this actually was. This was the moment I wanted him to have all season. If I was just judging based on finale performance, I would have given the win to Jim.

Definitely one of the most under appreciated performances of the season. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Me too. I really like this performance

Autumn Turner should've beat Hanna Eyre in Season 12. Just because she had that one note that vaguely sounded like an animal dying doesn't mean that she did BAD. It was just her passion and artistry shining through 🤩🤩 Anyways, I'm still mad Aaliyah Rose and Mark Isaiah made the lives that season but not Enid and Autumn and that Felicia only made it based on a wildcard save 😭

8 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Autumn Turner should've beat Hanna Eyre in Season 12. Just because she had that one note that vaguely sounded like an animal dying doesn't mean that she did BAD. It was just her passion and artistry shining through 🤩🤩 Anyways, I'm still mad Aaliyah Rose and Mark Isaiah made the lives that season but not Enid and Autumn and that Felicia only made it based on a wildcard save 😭

Actually, the true robbery that season was Missy Robertson not getting stolen!! She came into the battles as a two chair fodder contestant, but highkey killed it and held her own against Anatalia. Sammie, Valerie, Micah and (unpopular opinion) Lauryn all deserved steals too though! Ugh S12 had so much talent. I’m convinced it’s the only season they uploaded all the montages in full purely bc the talent was just that good (I mean the fact that they montaged Hanna vs Sheena or Enid vs Valeria is INSANE because those performances were so good).

19 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Hanna vs Sheena

No way that was montaged?! I had no idea! I'm glad they posted it online cause it was excellent!

34 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Ooh, I'm going to check this out. I really liked Hanna's KO and I liked Autumn's BA and battle performances, so I'm going to listen to both their KOs and be back 🙂

1 hour ago, British Man said:

Well know that we're doing a Blind vs Knockouts thing it's time for mine.

I like Gihanna's Blind Audition just as much as her Knockout (it's not better but it's just as good)

Totally agree with you. 

Now, here is a really unpopular opinion, Anna's blind was as good as her knockout. I'm fact, i like all of her three performances equally

• Like 2