The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Rewatched a few S17 clips and Preston Howell wasn´t nearly as bad as what IDF thought of him. Yes, his voice was underdeveloped for his genre, and Mendeleyev should have won that battle, but his audition was very good. 

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

53 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Rewatched a few S17 clips and Preston Howell wasn´t nearly as bad as what IDF thought of him. Yes, his voice was underdeveloped for his genre, and Mendeleyev should have won that battle, but his audition was very good. 

I didn't think he was bad, I liked his audition as well. I just thought he shouldn't have beaten Mendeleyev in that battle.

54 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I didn't think he was bad, I liked his audition as well. I just thought he shouldn't have beaten Mendeleyev in that battle.

I agree with that, Mendeleyev won it for me, even with a questionable song choice for them. But I remember most of IDF didn´t like Preston from the get go, and we still didn´t know that he beat Mendeleyev until we got the battle pairings via IG stories from the contestants (I miss that honestly lol). We didn´t have the full spoilers back then, so IDF watched in suspense for their favorites.

50 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I didn’t think he was bad, he shouldn’t have won the battle, he definitely should have won the knockout. Unpopular maybe but I can’t believe Marybeth won after that pitchy messy Adele impersonation. Decided beforehand I guess.

Agreed. It's not easy to sing an Adele song. Billy Gilman is the only one who did justice to that song(imho).

Edited by Hamza Tufail

1 hour ago, AliXRose said:

I didn’t think he was bad, he shouldn’t have won the battle, he definitely should have won the knockout. Unpopular maybe but I can’t believe Marybeth won after that pitchy messy Adele impersonation. Decided beforehand I guess.

I would have instantly eliminated both and brought back Mendeleyev.

PS: Some Marybeth fans might actually agree with me on this one. She didn’t deserve the torture that were John’s song choices.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, Misirlou said:

yup i like his ba

side note but the youtube title is so weird

12 hours ago, Daillon said:

I would have instantly eliminated both and brought back Mendeleyev.

PS: Some Marybeth fans might actually agree with me on this one. She didn’t deserve the torture that were John’s song choices.

If John wanted to get her back to country for the bloodbath + had it cemented in his brain she had to sing a Carrie song, the least he could have done was go for "Jesus Take The Wheel" over "Before He Cheats" 🙃

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

If John wanted to get her back to country for the bloodbath + had it cemented in his brain she had to sing a Carrie song, the least he could have done was go for "Jesus Take The Wheel" over "Before He Cheats" 🙃

I’m not that familiar with Carrie’s music, but I do know that was the worst possible choice for The Voice. Poor girl :haha:

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

BFC is pretty much sass all the way through, and appart from the pitch issues, Marybeth didn´t sell it, it just wasn´t her style.

Emotional Carrie has often been pulled off well. Upbeat Carrie however, is a nightmare for female contestants. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, pauwis said:

I liked Tyke James, he deserved that save :ph34rwave:

That´s definitely unpopular lol. Considering that Kameron was the only one who stayed on pitch the whole time on Team Adam, and the bluesy arrangement he brought of that Waylon song, I would have definitely saved him. And I thought he and Deandre (the other one on Team Adam who stood out to me, albeit not as much) were easy PVs. But guess I was wrong.

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

That´s definitely unpopular lol. Considering that Kameron was the only one who stayed on pitch the whole time on Team Adam, and the bluesy arrangement he brought of that Waylon song, I would have definitely saved him. And I thought he and Deandre (the other one on Team Adam who stood out to me, albeit not as much) were easy PVs. But guess I was wrong.

I liked Kameron that night, but Adam wouldn't save him. 
I didn't think Tyke was bad, I really like his voice and he choose a correct song in the correct moment.

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Queen Reagan. :wub:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pauwis said:

I liked Tyke James, he deserved that save :ph34rwave:

idk if I agree or disagree with this because I didn't care about Team Adam at all during Season 15, there's that LMAO (until *that* incident happened)

I remember Tyke as... cute? 😂 and I also remember that he's close with Abby Cates way back? but for his singing, I couldn't remember 😩 (I truly cannot, apologies)

2 hours ago, Feder said:

S17 was the perfect season for the comeback stage... Mendeleyev would have cruising through it easily and reached at least the semifinals 

This. Regardless of how far they would go after, many artists come to mind that would’ve been PERFECT for the comeback stage/coach comebacks (especially since they had 5 artists per team in the playoffs after previous seasons having 6 per team). Some that come to mind:

MENDELEYEV

Brennan Lassiter

Brooke Stephenson

Zoe Upkins

Marina Chello

James Violet

Destiny Rayne (forgot about her at first but YES)

(and there might be more)

I know that some of these may or may not have flopped at some point in the pre taped rounds but they all had at least one great performance. I would’ve loved to see more from them on the show tbh

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

This. Regardless of how far they would go after, many artists come to mind that would’ve been PERFECT for the comeback stage/coach comebacks (especially since they had 5 artists per team in the playoffs after previous seasons having 6 per team). Some that come to mind:

MENDELEYEV

Brennan Lassiter

Brooke Stephenson

Zoe Upkins

Marina Chello

James Violet

(and there might be more)

I know that some of these may or may not have flopped at some point in the pre taped rounds but they all had at least one great performance. I would’ve loved to see more from them on the show tbh

I would add Destiny Rayne and Melinda Rodriguez - I know they're not popular, especially Melinda, but I love both of their blinds and battles (Destiny's battle especially, iconic how she held up against Katie)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I would add Destiny Rayne

YES. She held her own on her battle with a vocal beast like Katie lol. It's just that she went up against Rose, who had her breakout performance on the Knockouts, and her song choice that time was not really it

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

YES. She held her own on her battle with a vocal beast like Katie lol. It's just that she went up against Rose, who had her breakout performance on the Knockouts, and her song choice that time is not really it

I am confident she could have gotten a steal in the knockouts if she didn't get the straight up pop song that she got. Like c'mon, you already had her going against Rose, you could have given her a good song choice...

• Like 1