The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

1 hour ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Hey so out of curiosity, what was wrong with season 11, I heard so many of you guys in idf say that season 11 and 14 were amoung the worst seasons? How come? I didn’t watch it? Can any of you explain?

From my own perspective, S11 was stacked early on, but the live shows were a complete disaster. The results often sucked, and there were very few contestants I enjoyed in the late season.

As in Wé and Ali were the ONLY ones I actively rooted for from the beginning in the Top 8. I liked Brendan and Aaron a bit, but they were late bloomers for me. Couldn't stand the rest.

I actually liked S14. Not the best season but I did like a lot of the contestants and most of my favorites went rather deep. Plus this season felt really fresh with it being Kelly's first time on the coaching panel, her being a new addition added a breath of fresh air to the show I didn't know I wanted.

Edited by MatthewPalermo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Maelyn is literally the only contestant from this season that's talked about here anymore so she's the most relevant to this point by far :haha:

I will continue to preach the robbery of Domenic Haynes and Cecily Hennigan 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Reminder to save Maelyn's videos if you haven't already and plan to do so.

58 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Yes, save The Queen's vids while you still have time.

I wouldn't worry too much about that tbh. "The Voice Reupload" is pretty good at uploading old Voice performances. All of the S13-S15 performances are on that YT channel (the channel didn't exist before August 2019). Queen Maelyn's performances are in good hands imo. 😅

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4_oZRsrJWMkQvubV2bhWpg/featured

Edited by disney1024

4 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Hey so out of curiosity, what was wrong with season 11, I heard so many of you guys in idf say that season 11 and 14 were amoung the worst seasons? How come? I didn’t watch it? Can any of you explain?

S11 had really weak cast, and the people who were even remotely interesting or good had awful song choices (Ali) or they disappointed (Wé, Billy). The lives were almost unwatchable.

S14 has the same issues. Many people give it credit for the finale, but the actual live episodes consisted of trainwreck after trainwreck. And the finale night itself, even if it was a dream finale for most of us, was horrible.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, disney1024 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about that tbh. "The Voice Reupload" is pretty good at uploading old Voice performances. All of the S13-S15 performances are on that YT channel (the channel didn't exist before August 2019). Queen Maelyn's performances are in good hands imo. 😅

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4_oZRsrJWMkQvubV2bhWpg/featured

Yeah, but some of them are blocked in the US unfortunately. The good news is that the Voice kept Chevel’s compilation video up, so hopefully they’ll do the same for Maelyn (I have her performances saved regardless.) 🥺🤞

Edited by Bk1234

I was listening to James David Carter´s performances and was reminded of how good he was, but his playoff performance is nowhere to be found. So for those that remember it, was it good or did Craig Wayne Boyd geniuenly overshadowed him and fairly got the PV?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Yes, save The Queen's vids while you still have time. Also, get her Blind to 10 million views by the time its turned to private, she deserves that at least.

I wouldn't worry about it. Compilation videos from Season 15 are still there, so she'll be safe probably (as BK said before)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I was listening to James David Carter´s performances and was reminded of how good he was, but his playoff performance is nowhere to be found. So for those that remember it, was it good or did Craig Wayne Boyd geniuenly overshadowed him and fairly got the PV?

You can watch it here. 
https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/256721/The-Voice-USA-2014-James-David-Carter-Two-of-a-Kind-Workin-On-a-Full-House-Live-Playoffs/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Craig destroyed him imo.

9 hours ago, Misirlou said:

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/256721/The-Voice-USA-2014-James-David-Carter-Two-of-a-Kind-Workin-On-a-Full-House-Live-Playoffs/

Here you go :))

It was a good performance, but not as strong as his previous ones.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I wasn't around for this season, can someone please tell who they are from left to right?

I can definitely hear why Sugar was heavily disliked here. She has pipes but her tone is atrocious 🤣

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Question: Do you guys think that if The Four didn’t exist and Zhavia auditioned on The Voice do you guys think she could’ve been a huge success like she is now?

Not a chance.

• Like 2

If season 3 had been like season 19, and assuming song choice remained the same, My Happy Ending would've been Cassadee Pope's live playoffs song, Behind These Hazel Eyes her semifinals song, and Over You her finale song. Would she have still won? Would she have even made the finale to sing Over You? 

15 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Question: Do you guys think that if The Four didn’t exist and Zhavia auditioned on The Voice do you guys think she could’ve been a huge success like she is now?

Absolutely not, and it’s exactly why the voice will likely never produce any moderately successful artists, the voting population is just far too out of touch