The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

6 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

You really think she would've gotten more votes than Chevel if she was also on team Kelly??? Chevel was a teenage country singer who minivan loved. I don't think they would've supported Kennedy more than Chevel.

If they both reached the finale, and they performed just like they did in finale night, I would say she had a shot (not the biggest Kennedy fan but she absolutely destroyed the other three).

Btw I still think Chevel won by a landslide the real S15. But who knows what would have happened if Kennedy had the Team Blake’s support. If Chloe won a season, I think Kennedy would have had a very good shot with Blake. 

This obviously depends in who made finale as well. If Kennedy, Kirk and Chris were all Team Blake, Chevel would have probably won.

I’m also aware that Chevel was very likeable, pretty consistent, had a unique tone... But I have a hard time believing that a 13 year old who was even more consistent and incredibly versatile wouldn’t have success with Blake.

Edited by Daillon
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Daillon said:

If they both reached the finale, and they performed just like they did in finale night, I would say she had a shot (not the biggest Kennedy fan but she absolutely destroyed the other three).

Btw I still think Chevel won by a landslide the real S15. But who knows what would have happened if Kennedy had the Team Blake’s support. If Chloe won a season, I think Kennedy would have had a very good shot with Blake. 

This obviously depends in who made finale as well. If Kennedy, Kirk and Chris were all Team Blake, Chevel would have probably won.

If Kennedy was on TB and the only TB member in the finale then she might've had a chance. If Kirk or Chris were still on TB then she wouldn't have won anyways.

Also I do think that Kennedy's performances of Turning tables, What about Us, Greatest love of all, and Confident were great but her other performances were kind of forgettable.

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

If Kirk or Chris were still on TB then she wouldn't have won anyways

I think it's possible that Kennedy could potentially have more voters than Kirk if she was on Team Blake. Kirk was pretty pitchy during the lives.

Also, reminder that Chloe outperformed Red in votes.

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I think it's possible that Kennedy could potentially have more voters than Kirk if she was on Team Blake. Kirk was pretty pitchy during the lives.

Then what about Chris? He remained consistent all the time. I'm pretty sure he had gotten more votes than Kennedy even if she was on Team Blake.

33 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Then what about Chris? He remained consistent all the time. I'm pretty sure he had gotten more votes than Kennedy even if she was on Team Blake.

Yeah, it's still very possible Chris' hometown following would get him more votes. I can definitely imagine Kirk getting outperformed, but Chris less so.

Edit: I still think Chevel's gonna win anyway.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

Blake would naturally boost the chances of any contestant, as long as he was in their corner. But, this is where I mention that Blake has only won once in the past 6 seasons, and that was with a pastor from Mississippi. If it were that simple, Blake would have a lot more wins than he already does. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Blake would naturally boost the chances of any contestant, as long as he was in their corner. But, this is where I mention that Blake has only won once in the past 6 seasons, and that was with a pastor from Mississippi. If it were that simple, Blake would have a lot more wins than he already does. 

I wonder how many wins he would have now if Kelly hadn’t joined the panel.

16 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Trigger covered this, and I know you read it, because I saw your comments. Those photos are over 5 years old, and he doesn’t associate with the flag anymore. You can still take issue with him, but context is important. And I don’t give a rats ass about Luke Combs. I couldn’t even name one of his songs without looking it up. 

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/on-margo-price-calling-out-luke-combs-for-confederate-flag-use/

By covered this, you mean made excuses for, the context is he had a confederate flag stick on his guitar, and participated in a music video that heavily featured confederate imagery as an adult (the three thing I agree with you on, but if you're holding up three fingers used the middle ones, just like if you're holding up one, using the middle one has another meaning). Luke wasn't 5, he wasn't forced to do the video. 

Now it is super recent? No. But do we know his views have changed? Also no. We know someone on his team realized it might not be a good look as his profile grew. 

I hope that his views have changed, learning, and changing is a good thing. I also think though that he should publicly state that, especially as (my guess) many of his fans still hold views that the confederate flag is acceptable. And if you're to have a conversation on accountability, part of accountability is holding yourself accountable for your history. Trying to make it go away by pretending it didn't happen, or making excuses, isn't accountability, and it's not how we move forward. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, although part of that is I wonder ho much he's been hurt by having multiple contestants in the final. He obviously won with Chloe and Todd despite Red and Toneisha, but do Chris Blue or Maelynn win? 

3 minutes ago, seak05 said:

By covered this, you mean made excuses for, the context is he had a confederate flag stick on his guitar, and participated in a music video that heavily featured confederate imagery as an adult (the three thing I agree with you on, but if you're holding up three fingers used the middle ones, just like if you're holding up one, using the middle one has another meaning). Luke wasn't 5, he wasn't forced to do the video. 

Now it is super recent? No. But do we know his views have changed? Also no. We know someone on his team realized it might not be a good look as his profile grew. 

I hope that his views have changed, learning, and changing is a good thing. I also think though that he should publicly state that, especially as (my guess) many of his fans still hold views that the confederate flag is acceptable. And if you're to have a conversation on accountability, part of accountability is holding yourself accountable for your history. Trying to make it go away by pretending it didn't happen, or making excuses, isn't accountability, and it's not how we move forward. 

Has anyone held Blake accountable for the lyrics in “Kiss My Country A**,” from just 6 years ago? Where he references the confederate flag....

I don’t expect him to, but you could go digging on almost everyone and find something. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Has anyone held Blake accountable for the lyrics in “Kiss My Country A**,” from just 6 years ago? Where he references the confederate flag....

I don’t expect him to, but you could go digging on almost everyone and find something. 

Lynyrd Skynyrd is another example, and they have explained why they have used the flag.

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s actually still up on his YT channel.  Why hasn’t Margo Price called him out,  and demanded he take it down?

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Well Rhett Akins wrote the lyrics, but the song is a walking cliché, and yes someone should hold Blake accountable for singing it. Blake had a whole bunch of crappy tweets from years back that he had to apologize for, and he should've. 

And no, you couldn't go digging up on almost everyone and find racist, xenophobic, misogynistic etc etc something. And if you do, people should be held accountable. It doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. I don't think Blake or Luke are racist, but people make mistakes. 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bk1234 said:

She probably has some beef with Luke and just took the opportunity to call him out for something.

He released a new song that he said wasn't about politics, but is definitely about politics, and sort of just calls for papering everything over and ignoring it in the name of unity. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Well Rhett Akins wrote the lyrics, but the song is a walking cliché, and yes someone should hold Blake accountable for singing it. Blake had a whole bunch of crappy tweets from years back that he had to apologize for, and he should've. 

And no, you couldn't go digging up on almost everyone and find racist, xenophobic, misogynistic etc etc something. And if you do, people should be held accountable. It doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. I don't think Blake or Luke are racist, but people make mistakes. 

It doesn’t matter who wrote the song. He recorded it, performed it on tour, and still has the music video on his YT channel. As a Blake stan, you should probably focus more on that, and less on a sticker on Luke Combs’ guitar case 5+ years ago, especially since he has disassociated himself with the flag. 

To be clear. I don’t have a problem with anyone calling him out, and asking questions. That’s your choice. The problem I have is with Margo Price posting a bunch of photos (including the lame 3 fingers thing) without context, in an effort to try to damage his career. It doesn’t seem to have resonated beyond the cancel crowd. 

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It doesn’t matter who wrote the song. He recorded it, performed it on tour, and still has the music video on his YT channel. As a Blake stan, you should probably focus more on that, and less on a sticker on Luke Combs’ guitar case 5+ years ago, especially since he has disassociated himself with the flag. 

To be clear. I don’t have a problem with anyone calling him out, and asking questions. That’s your choice. The problem I have is with Margo Price posting a bunch of photos (including the lame 3 fingers thing) without context, in an effort to try to damage his career. It doesn’t seem to have resonated beyond the cancel crowd. 

Have you actually seen the video Luke participated in? It's like a walking billboard, the other performer is literally wearing the stars and bars on his shirt. Whomever produced Blake's video was smart enough not to actually put the flag in there, and it's literally a one line reference. You're just trying to defend Luke by throwing mud on other people. I have a problem with KMCA as a song. It doesn't actually excuse Luke. Again I hope Luke has learned and changed, but the context is he stood in front of a confederate flag, the fact that it was a few years old, doesn't actually change the context. 

Also please show me where Luke has specifically dissociated himself with the flag? I must have missed that press release or tweet or instagram post. 

(and as an aside, Blake wouldn't make my top 10 list of favorite country artists, tbf neither would Luke)

Edited by seak05

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

Have you actually seen the video Luke participated in? It's like a walking billboard, the other performer is literally wearing the stars and bars on his shirt. Whomever produced Blake's video was smart enough not to actually put the flag in there, and it's literally a one line reference. You're just trying to defend Luke by throwing mud on other people. I have a problem with KMCA as a song. It doesn't actually excuse Luke. Again I hope Luke has learned and changed, but the context is he stood in front of a confederate flag, the fact that it was a few years old, doesn't actually change the context. 

Also please show me where Luke has specifically dissociated himself with the flag? I must have missed that press release or tweet or instagram post. 

Like I said, I don’t care about Luke, and don’t like his music. However, I can’t support attacks on someone’s character, without context. That’s what Margo Price did. I also don’t mind pointing out hypocrisy, and I have haven’t seen any demands of Blake to take down the video of a song that references the flag. I’ll leave it at that. 

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Like I said, I don’t care about Luke, and don’t like his music. However, I can’t support attacks on someone’s character, without context. That’s what Margo Price did. I also don’t mind pointing out hypocrisy, and I have haven’t seen any demands of Blake to take down the video of a song that references the flag. I’ll leave it at that. 

So now Margo Price is a hypocrite if she doesn't call out every instance in country music history of the confederate flag being not even shown, but referenced? Luke got called out because of his new song, which he specifically directed radio stations to introduce as not political.  It was for a very specific reason. 

County as a whole has a long history of not just allowing, but celebrating the confederate flag, and racist behavior. George Jones used to paint KKK on Charley Pride's car, and Willie Nelson called him supernigger. Yes it was a long time ago, but it's still illustrative of the obstacles Pride and other Black artists had to face, the country industry as a whole, and the characters of those men, even if (in Willie's case) he didn't mean it as a bad thing. Context helps us understand behavior, it doesn't excuse it, or mean we should ignore it. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

County as a whole has a long history of not just allowing, but celebrating the confederate flag, and racist behavior. George Jones used to paint KKK on Charley Pride's car, and Willie Nelson called him supernigger. 

Yeah, I heard about the George Jones story. That´s messed up.

• Like 2