The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

43 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Will be interesting to see if Luke addresses the confederate flag stuff. Really do wish they had more diversity on the panel.

Trigger covered this, and I know you read it, because I saw your comments. Those photos are over 5 years old, and he doesn’t associate with the flag anymore. You can still take issue with him, but context is important. And I don’t give a rats ass about Luke Combs. I couldn’t even name one of his songs without looking it up. 

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/on-margo-price-calling-out-luke-combs-for-confederate-flag-use/

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Trigger covered this, and I know you read it, because I saw your comments. Those photos are over 5 years old, and he doesn’t associate with the flag anymore. You can still take issue with him, but context is important. And I don’t give a rats ass about Luke Combs. I couldn’t even name one of his songs without looking it up. 

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/on-margo-price-calling-out-luke-combs-for-confederate-flag-use/

I mean, calling him out for the "3" hand gesture on SNL was just dumb.

I´m glad the article takes in account the controversy that the confederate flag has carried throughout the years. I´ll just say it doesn´t instantly simbolize that someone is racist, and I´ll leave it there.

Trigger is right, context is very important in any situation. This is very different from what Morgan just did, which was actively use a well known racial slur.

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I mean, calling him out for the "3" hand gesture on SNL was just dumb.

I´m glad the article takes in account the controversy that the confederate flag has carried throughout the years. I´ll just say it doesn´t instantly simbolize that someone is racist, and I´ll leave it there.

Trigger is right, context is very important in any situation. This is very different from what Morgan just did, which was actively use a well known racial slur.

It definitely makes think less of Margo Price. I have no use for hit jobs like that. 

Edited by TeamAudra

3 hours ago, WastedinMemphis said:

This could be interesting.

Maren Morris, Luke Combs to Discuss Accountability in Country Music

Critic Ann Powers will moderate the Q&A session during Country Radio Seminar’s 2021 virtual edition

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/luke-combs-maren-morris-accountability-panel-1123900/

Ann Powers is the senior country/folk/Americana music writer for NPR.

I hope Maren eats him up and leaves no crumbs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Changing the topic a bit, I remember Kennedy Holmes´s audition was leaked 2 weeks prior to the premiere if I´m correct, have we ever had someone leaked that early? It´s usually the Friday prior to the premiere.

Since that tactic failed miserably, they probably won’t try it again. At the time, it seemed like a good idea. She had something like 30K IG followers going into the battles. Not sure why it didn’t work in the end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Changing the topic a bit, I remember Kennedy Holmes´s audition was leaked 2 weeks prior to the premiere if I´m correct, have we ever had someone leaked that early? It´s usually the Friday prior to the premiere.

I recall that being the week before, not 2 weeks. The only time I think we got super early leaks was Darby Walker and We McDonald in S11 as a sneak peek during the Olympics.

27 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I recall that being the week before, not 2 weeks. The only time I think we got super early leaks was Darby Walker and We McDonald in S11 as a sneak peek during the Olympics.

You’re right. I think it was Tuesday of the week before, which is still super early, and did generate a lot of early hype for Kennedy. 

29 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

My bad, but as @TeamAudra said, it definitely was earlier than usual. And then TPTB kept her hidden for more than one month until her KO aired. I´ve never seen anything done with a contestant. I don´t know what they were going for there.

7 hours ago, AngelaKD said:

That’s a pretty odd comment considering that he essentially won the show based on the first 10 seconds of his Blind Audition.

I meant to say If only he performed like that on the show then I might've loved him. But there is no denying he was one of the biggest runaway wins in the history of this show.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

I meant to say If only he performed like that on the show then I might've loved him. But there is no denying he was one of the biggest runaway wins in the history of this show.

He was 15-16 then. Now he’s probably 21-22. Of course he’s better now. Seems like an odd take. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

He was 15-16 then. Now he’s probably 21-22. Of course he’s better now. Seems like an odd take. 

he may be better now, but that might not affect whether people like him. i personally don't like him any more than i did before, even if he is objectively better.

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

He´s added some growls that I dig on this version. And it´s nice to see him play it acoustically, he´s developed into a very acomplished guitarrist as well.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I like his voice now but didn't care for his voice back then when he was young(except for IAMOCS). Teen boys aren't my thing. I don't like those voices which aren't mature or those which are pre-pubescent like Carter. But now that Sawyer's voice has matured so I have no problem with him now.

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He´s added some growls that I dig on this version. And it´s nice to see him play it acoustically, he´s developed into a very acomplished guitarrist as well.

Yeah. Those growls were so Amazing. :wub::wub::wub:

Especially on the world AALLLLLLL(At the start when he said In constant sorrow AALLLLL Through....)

And yeah he's such a nice guitarist too.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Since that tactic failed miserably, they probably won’t try it again. At the time, it seemed like a good idea. She had something like 30K IG followers going into the battles. Not sure why it didn’t work in the end. 

I still think Kennedy might have won if she had picked any other coach. Love JHud but she’s not popular at all. We’ll never know tho.

29 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I still think Kennedy might have won if she had picked any other coach. Love JHud but she’s not popular at all. We’ll never know tho.

Imagine if Kennedy was on Team Blake, and Kirk was on Team Kelly, would Chevel have still won?

40 minutes ago, Daillon said:

JHud still did well though. In S13, she brought 2 of her contestants to the semi-finals and one of them almost got into the finals. In S15, she brought 2 of her contestants to the semi-finals Instant Save, with Kennedy ending up in the finale. Besides, she was relatively popular and she had a huge impact on the show. To this day, I still see comments on Youtube and social media about JHud throwing her shoes. 😌

Kennedy is simply not TMV material because she's a confident black woman. Only the Team Blake effect could've helped her but she probably still wouldn't have won. See Kyla in S14 and Toneisha in S18. 😒

Edited by disney1024

2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Besides, she was relatively popular and she had a huge impact on the show. To this day, I still see comments on Youtube and social media about JHud throwing her shoes

you think minivan is the one making those comments? i presume no. those youtube commenters aren't the main voting block of the show.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

you think minivan is the one making those comments? i presume no. those youtube commenters aren't the main voting block of the show.

Whatever. I still think Kennedy made the right decision to go with JHud. She wasn't going to win anyways. 😅

Edited by disney1024

8 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

JHud still did well though. In S13, she brought 2 of her contestants to the semi-finals and one of them almost got into the finals. In S15, she brought 2 of her contestants to the semi-finals Instant Save, with Kennedy ending up in the finale. Besides, she was relatively popular and she had a huge impact on the show. To this day, I still see comments on Youtube and social media about JHud throwing her shoes. 😌

Kennedy is simply not TMV material because she's a confident black woman. Only the Team Blake effect could've helped her but she probably still wouldn't have won. See Kyla in S14 and Toneisha in S18. 😒

You are only mentioning YT, and the people who usually comment on YT are not from the U.S so they can’t vote. The core audience was never a fan of JHud and she didn’t have as many fans as the others. That doesn’t mean she was a bad coach tho.

If she was Team Blake I think it would have been game over, and she probably would have won with Kelly as well.

10 minutes ago, Daillon said:

You are only mentioning YT, and the people who usually comment on YT are not from the U.S so they can’t vote. The core audience was never a fan of JHud and she didn’t have as many fans as the others. That doesn’t mean she was a bad coach tho.

If she was Team Blake I think it would have been game over, and she probably would have won with Kelly as well.

You really think she would've gotten more votes than Chevel if she was also on team Kelly??? Chevel was a teenage country singer who minivan loved. I don't think they would've supported Kennedy more than Chevel.