The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

Who cares, Morgan will prob come back with higher sales by next year and people will forget this ever happened. not like his past mistakes have cost him anything, why would this one?

Unfortunately, this is what I foresee happening. :no: Right now, Morgan needs to focus on self-growth. He needs to show a desire to be educated and actually follow through with it. Just saying sorry isn’t going to cut for me. 😐

39 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

42 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

These backwards female b***** are all cancelled.

Danielle Bradberry lmao, I hope she goes back in her fairytale land where racism doesn't exist.

Miranda can stay salty that Blake dumped her a**

Carly Pearce.... she can leave and never come back.

Lauren Alaina.... Taryn outsold her "Three" song and made her irrelevant so who gives a s*** 

Lmao Raelynn, who was she again? Useless S2 artist to never be seen.

If I made a mistake, tell me, but as far as I know, country females can be just as backwards. Glad to see the highest ranks aren't here tho(Dolly, Martina, Faith, Carrie)

Queen Cassadee on the other hand 🥰🥰https://www.instagram.com/p/CK1cOgvFzLf/?igshid=1nht99shegb42

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 8

41 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I believe it’s this post. She happens to be AA. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK67MuohXxl/?igshid=7t4q37jvnej7

Imagine justifyng someone's racist behaviour by calling them "a little ignorant" and that "they need love and care". And no, just because she is AA doesn't means that she is representing all AA people. There are AA people that are hurt by this, and the words of one person doesn't really mean anything. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Queen Cassadee on the other hand 🥰🥰https://www.instagram.com/p/CK1cOgvFzLf/?igshid=1nht99shegb42

THIS is how they all should have responded to the issue imo. :clap: While posting supportive comments on that post doesn’t confirm that those artists are racist, it shows that they fail to understand and recognize the real issue: racism.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I feel like she’s trying to say that he needs improvement and that people should try and help him rather than give up on him. That part is fine in my opinion and is what I feel the artists who commented were focusing on. The main negative thing about this are the words “he does not deserve this.” While he doesn’t deserve to be cancelled (no one does), getting dropped and having his songs pulled off the radio (as well as a few other things) are all fair punishments for what he did.

Sorry @Bk1234 i didn't read all your post and i confused reacted you . Yeah, i kinda agree on the last part

• Thanks 1

FWIW, If you scroll through the comments, there are a lot more names in there, than what were included in Maren’s tweet, included a fairly recent Voice contestant, who’s starting to gain a little traction, and one from several seasons back who twice turned no chairs. A lot was said in that post. We don’t know what any of them liked about it.  Her boyfriend, the CEO of Big Loud, commented several times too. Doesn’t seem like he’s making excuses for Morgan at all, and he says  they have a plan in place. They all know Morgan is a mess right now, and has been for quite some time. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

there are a lot more names in there, than what were included in Maren’s tweet, included a fairly recent Voice contestant, who’s starting to gains a little traction

If you’re referring to Kameron then yeah, I saw that one. :no:

Just now, visitor22 said:

I think what makes that them look "bad" (depends on the POV of course) is that they reacted to the defence, but not the offence.

Yeah, the difference between this and Cassadee’s response is that one responded to the issue: racism, while the others (from what I know of) only responded to the defense. 

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I believe it’s this post. She happens to be AA. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CK67MuohXxl/?igshid=7t4q37jvnej7

I think this is relevant. Rather than just call her Morgan’s label CEO’s girlfriend, it should be mentioned that she’s also a Nashville publishing executive who recently started her own company. So, she has more to gain, or lose by making a post like this. She’s also clearly defending her friend, which can be looked at in a number of different ways. I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt that she’s being sincere. That doesn’t mean she supports what he did, because she clearly does not. 

• Like 1

She has an interest in the financial success of her husband's established company for which Morgan had become the biggest breadwinner.  She said what she said. I don't think hypothetical excuses for her or the people who liked her post count for anything. If she or they have more to say, she and they should say it.

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

She has an interest in the financial success of her husband's established company for which Morgan had become the biggest breadwinner.  She said what she said. I don't think hypothetical excuses for her or the people who liked her post count for anything. If she or they have more to say, she and they should say it.

I don’t think they’re married, but we can agree to disagree. To some of us, it was obvious that Morgan was ticking time bomb months ago. If I’m going to lay blame on those close to him, it will be for not doing more to prevent it from reaching this point in the first place. 

And she has said more, in the comments. A lot more. 

Edited by TeamAudra

11 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

Hey so out of curiosity, what was wrong with season 11, I heard so many of you guys in idf say that season 11 and 14 were among the worst seasons? How come? I didn’t watch it? Can any of you explain?

I can't speak for S11 but I actually really liked S14, especially the S14 finale. S14 was one of two seasons where I actually enjoyed all 4 of the finalists (S17 being the other one). Some people on IDF are just still salty that Kyla ended up in 3rd place but I was more than satisfied with the results. 😅

If you ask me, the worst season by far is S16. The only good thing about that season is that a talented artist like Maelyn actually won lol 😂

• Like 2

I still haven't been able to finish season 16. I saw how it ended, but there's a lot of middle episodes I couldn't watch. The cross battles sucked.

Season 6 had double battle rounds. That was also really bad but at least the lives were normal.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Speaking of S16, TPTB will soon take down the S16 videos from their YT account. 😅

Reminder to save Maelyn's videos if you haven't already and plan to do so.

...or anyone else for that matter but Maelyn is literally the only contestant from this season that's talked about here anymore so she's the most relevant to this point by far :haha:

• Like 4