The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

I really would like to see Taylor as a coach for S22, but that probably won’t happen.

I think Ed Sheeran or Ryan Teddar (I think he’s good friends with John) could fit a somewhat similar lane as Nick Jonas in the sense of being pop males while also being better.

The Weeknd would be great as a replacement for John if needed.

I also think Gwen, Pharrell, Miley, Alicia, Usher, and/or JHud would be great.

15 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

I really would like to see Taylor as a coach for S22, but that probably won’t happen.

I think Ed Sheeran or Ryan Teddar (I think he’s good friends with John) could fit a somewhat similar lane as Nick Jonas in the sense of being pop males while also being better.

The Weeknd would be great as a replacement for John if needed.

I also think Gwen, Pharrell, Miley, Alicia, Usher, and/or JHud would be great.

Wasn’t Ryan Tedder supposed to replace Adam in 2014? I feel there is an interview about it somewhere. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Wasn’t Ryan Tedder supposed to replace Adam in 2014? I feel there is an interview about it somewhere. 

Yes, he was.  Had he not renewed his contract, Ryan would have come in instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thevoicefan12 said:

didn’t this season have a full number of episodes? or do you mean cutting down on the semis round?

this season was better, I guess, but I was thinking more eps, less instant saves all at once,  leading up to a top 3 finale, a top 5 is rough

1 hour ago, istersay said:

this season was better, I guess, but I was thinking more eps, less instant saves all at once,  leading up to a top 3 finale, a top 5 is rough

I hope they bring back the S4-S5 format for S22 with more live rounds plus Top 3 finale (Top 4 if there's instant save). I think a Top 6 semis would be great, with each contestant singing 2 solo songs (no duets/groups except during Tuesday shows like in S4). 3 PVs to the finale and the other 3 sing for the 4th finale spot.

Forget trying to have all 4 coaches in the finale; we have Top 5 in S21 yet one coach was still shut out of the finale.

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

Anyway, hopes for this upcoming season:

- Get GaGa already as a coach! 
- Now that they've returned to a longer format, I hope they continue to add more live shows now that they're on a less gruelling schedule.

- More diversity with the casting. Now that they're only casting once a year, I'm hoping the talent pool won't be overfished and yield fresher and more unique acts.

- Bring back studios for blinds/battles/knockouts. Surely this new schedule would leave more room in the budget for these?

• Like 3

If we change the format (assuming they still keep the Wildcard + Instant Saves):

• 12 per team post-audition
  • 2 battle steals (the saves this year were good, but steals gives more people a chance to work with different coaches which I like)
  • 1 knockout steal
  • Lives go from a top 20 —> 13 —> 11 —> 10 —> 8 —> 6 —> 4
  • No team quotas
  • Bring back studios for pre-lives + playoffs (or at the very least for the playoffs)
  • Like 5

If we're talking dream coach line-ups... call me crazy, but am I the only one who kinda jives with a Kelly / Miley / JHud / Blake or Kelly / Miley / Alicia / Blake lineup? They still manage to cover a bunch of different genres while having a pretty eclectic, fun group. 

(I also may be the only person on this website who didn't totally hate Nick but that's mostly because I think his S18 run was as bad as his S20 one?)

25 minutes ago, peachfuz said:

If we're talking dream coach line-ups... call me crazy, but am I the only one who kinda jives with a Kelly / Miley / JHud / Blake or Kelly / Miley / Alicia / Blake lineup? They still manage to cover a bunch of different genres while having a pretty eclectic, fun group. 

(I also may be the only person on this website who didn't totally hate Nick but that's mostly because I think his S18 run was as bad as his S20 one?)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there might be beef between Kelly and Miley. I think it was after the vma that one year.

2 hours ago, CaptainOggy6320 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think there might be beef between Kelly and Miley. I think it was after the vma that one year.

Kelly was an advisor on S13 were Miley was a coach. They got along fine.

Anyways, after what she has done with Metallica, I'm totally buying Miley as a rock coach.

• Like 1