The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

GETTING BACK ON TRACK HERE:

I wonder who we’ll see later tonight/this week in any battles sneak peeks, and if they’ll mention the Playoffs Pass before we get to the battle rounds actually airing.

they’re probably going to say something like “tune in next week for a never-been-done-before twist in the battles” or whatever

I kind of expected Ray to cast a lot of doubt on here after his audition airs but c’mon guys… People already assuming that Chance chose him unfairly over his opponents? Also, the phrase “he beat TWO FOUR-CHAIR TURNSSSS” is being thrown around too much now. We of all people should know that chairs don’t mean a thing moving forward. 

• Like 8

I finally listened to NariYella. 

She has a lot of power in her voice, which is impressive. But there were parts where i feel like she was struggling, like, the song was a little too big for her. It was still a great audition, tho. She deserved those four chairs. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Carebear1999 said:

What? Were we hearing the same song? NariYella was amazing 

Yeah she did pull off some really impressive stuff but idk, I guess I’m just desensitized to high notes and powerhouse vocals and all that. It’s not really the type of music I myself would listen to outside of the show anyway. Unless they’re as good as someone like Kyla Jade or their tone is appealing to me like Rose Short, I’m probably just gonna respect them more than I like them and that’s fine.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I kind of expected Ray to cast a lot of doubt on here after his audition airs but c’mon guys… People already assuming that Chance chose him unfairly over his opponents? Also, the phrase “he beat TWO FOUR-CHAIR TURNSSSS” is being thrown around too much now. We of all people should know that chairs don’t mean a thing moving forward. 

I feel bad for him more than my snowflake now... All these hates are really unnecessary.

Edited by allistr

21 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Truth be told, regarding battles, it's more about other aspects than pure vocal ability. NOIVAS had one of the rawest BAs in recent memory (for me in a good way), and Jealous Guy is a raw song that tackles a subject in a similar manner, and I'll think NOIVAS's roughness would showcase that well more than Ray's smoothness. We'll see though, maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 4

Just now, Misirlou said:

Truth be told, regarding battles, it's more about other aspects than pure vocal ability. NOIVAS had one of the rawest BAs in recent memory (for me in a good way), and Jealous Guy is a raw song that tackles a subject in a similar manner, and I'll think NOIVAS's roughness would showcase that well more than Ray's smoothness. We'll see though, maybe I'm wrong.

I completely expect them to tackle the song in different ways. The lyrics of “Jealous Guy” are really sad and I think Ray has the potential to make it sound incredibly heartfelt.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I completely expect them to tackle the song in different ways. The lyrics of “Jealous Guy” are really sad and I think Ray has the potential to make it sound incredibly heartfelt.

Yeah, could be. Hope they preview a bit of the battle tonight honestly.

• Like 2

Also, unpopular opinion - I had no expectations for JB pre-season, but his audition is now probably in my Top 3 of this season so far, with an argument that can be made for my favorite overall. That was just excellent all the way through.

Shame he got eliminated in the battles :((

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jayshon said:

oop let me tune in

lowkey don't think we're gonna get a battles preview... i think it's gonna be them being like "omg new twist... watch to find out more !!" and no singing

but i do recommend you tune in so that you have another chance to listen to NariYella and change your mind :rolleyes:

good edit for grace.. setting up a strong arc for her. can already see Carson in his interview w/ her in the finale being like "so how does it feel to be the last contestant who blake turned for and be in the finale w him" or something like that

Week 3 Journeys

Mariah Kalia - Billie Eilish - John Mayer

Kylee Dayne - Maggie Rogers - Taylor Swift - Celine Dion - Miley Cyrus

Gina Miles - Katy Perry - Birdy - Gotye - Chris Issak

Kason Lester - Daughtry - 3 Doors Down

JB Somers - Joni Mitchell - Maggie Rogers

Ray Uriel - Joji - John Lennon - Stevie Wonder - Wizkid

Alyssa Lazar - Paul McCartney - Elton John

Rachel Christine - Alanis Morisette - Maggie Rogers - Fleetwood Mac - Paramore

Cait Martin - Harry Styles - Roxette - Whitney Houston - Heart

NariYella - Jennifer Hudson - TBA - TBA

Grace West - Pam Tillis - Randy Travis - Dolly Parton - The Judds