The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

Gina ended up being my favorite of the night, and I think she has potential for a great run. She does have the KO advantadge over Riley, even though it appears that Niall favors the later.

Interesting how the two kids on Team Niall ended as his Top 2. Based on their auditions, I get it.

• Like 1

Am I the only person that doesn’t count 18/19 year olds as teenagers? I guess it could count if someone is a Senior in High School, but I consider 18 to be a different age bracket in terms of contestant age groups. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Am I the only person that doesn’t count 18/19 year olds as teenagers? I guess it could count if someone is a Senior in High School, but I consider 18 to be a different age bracket in terms of contestant age groups. 

For me, if you're 18, you're an adult. A young adult but still, I won't show as much mercy as I would on the teenage contestants.

That's why I'm at peace with my Kat Hammock criticisms bc I genuinely couldn't stand her voice lol

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The very next season, Joanna Serenko was on. She was 18, and the audience certainly didn’t give her the teenager benefit of the doubt. 

I like Joanna. She might've been cut more slack if she picked Blake rather than Nick in the blinds—especially if she also sang country. (In case anyone forgot, Joanna was stolen by John in the battles and then went with Blake in the knockouts.) Regardless, I'm glad she showed her jazzy singer/songwriter side on the show.

• Like 1

Ok so yeah, she definitely had some rough high notes in there, but the good points were really really good (better than Manasseh imo). I wouldn’t quite put it in my top tier of auditions, but it’s not hard to see why she got 4 chairs. I really liked her personality too.

NariYella was great! Course no one will ever top Kyla, but she did the damn thing!

Also, loving all the Gina praise! I would love if she made the finale (it could happen but hey) and I think what makes her appealing besides her tone is her "aw shucks" kind of personality, that has got to warrant for something

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

Ray's performance in that round had better be warranted.  Otherwise, I'm going to feel like something's majorly wrong with Chance.

2 hours ago, Angelbright said:

He already put S*relle and R*y over Manesseh who sang Speak the name. That’s a powerful song that should’ve guaranteed her win, so I do think there is something majorly wrong with Chance

Idk why but this is kinda sending me 💀

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

They are teenagers. It’s literally in the number. What they are NOT are minors. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

which of Jake Worthington's performances are we talking about?

I would give you a laugh reaction since you love those so much.

But I don't think I ever watched a single second of his performances. Dont even remember which season he was on. That, or I erased him from my memory.

1 minute ago, Hsamid said:

I would give you a laugh reaction since you love those so much.

the call-out 😭 but it's true it's the validation that keeps me going 🤩

but yeah he was season 6, i've only watched his blind and battle iirc (which i think are some of his less criticized performances). people here don't like him because they claim he made it farther than he should've (2nd place, above Christina, Kristen, Kat, Sisaundra)

Favorite moment of the leak:

Chance to NariYella: first of all, these folks don’t even know that song—

Blake and Kelly:  offended noises

In terms of the actual audition, she’s got a lot of power and strong belts but the high notes are juuuuuuuust barely shy of well-sustained (light years ahead of what my alto-singing self could dream of doing, though). Definitely well deserved four chairs, and I’m interested in seeing what she does in the KOs.

5 minutes ago, Rodney said:

BECAUSE HE DID.

The show didn’t even pimp him either, he got not one but 2 80s ballads and 2 weeks in a row, but people still voted for him above Christina.

Tbh, my top fave that season was Josh, but I really think Christina should’ve finished 2nd.

15 minutes ago, nytsch said:

The show didn’t even pimp him either, he got not one but 2 80s ballads and 2 weeks in a row, but people still voted for him above Christina.

Tbh, my top fave that season was Josh, but I really think Christina should’ve finished 2nd.

Christina only made the finale because they changed the rules at the last minute, so no, she should not have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

For me, if you're 18, you're an adult. A young adult but still, I won't show as much mercy as I would on the teenage contestants.

That's why I'm at peace with my Kat Hammock criticisms bc I genuinely couldn't stand her voice lol

There isn't some magic switch that happens at the stroke of midnight on your 18th birthday. 17 and 18 year olds are pretty similar (and sometimes 19 year olds). The big change seems to happen when they go to college, or otherwise take the next step in their life with more independence. 

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

Christina only made the finale because they changed the rules at the last minute, so no, she should not have.

Based on finale performances alone though. I agree, based on the SF Kristen should’ve been in over Christina (and I’d have to rewatch, but possibly Kat too, I remember liking her Chandelier).