The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

1 minute ago, Angelbright said:

The last girl on team Kelly had the same dress as Ainae the other last girl on team Kelly a few seasons back. I knew I seen that dress before 

yeah they reuse stuff sometimes i think... but i didn't know they'd reuse whole dresses lol. i guess that makes sense

46 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Just watched the coach pitches for Grace. It feels like a moment.

At the very least, the entire segment was very favorable for her. As soon as we learned she was likely Blake’s last contestant, I assumed this was set up. There’s no way they would hold her until the end for any other reason. I suspect Walker went right before her in taping 6, and filled the 9th spot. 

• Like 3

Well IDF is back I guess lol (honestly the website being unavailable made me able to focus more on my paper, i’ve written ten paragraphs since 💀), hi everyone!

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Well IDF is back I guess lol (honestly the website being unavailable made me able to focus more on my paper, i’ve written ten paragraphs since 💀), hi everyone!

oh so it wasnt just me lol

• Like 2

Kelly Clarson created another record this season. She became the 1st female coach and 3rd after Adam and Pharrell (both in season 7) to have a team without one chair turn.

• Like 3

My Top 5 blind auditions 

1. NOIVAS - I felt his passion/most emotive performance for me/felt his pain and the history of the song in his voice. Range for days.

2. NariYella - extremely powerful incredibly skilled and well executed audition/seemed beyond her years/star power.
3. Kala - incredibly emotive/tone for days/gave me a sincere feeling from the start.

4. Ryley Tate - very emotive/so young yet so polished for his age/great range.

5. Rachel Christine - beautiful tone and incredible stage presence/like she’s been doing this for a very long time.

(is there a Rachel Christine fan page? Cause there needs to be one)

HM: Grace - beautiful tone and great stage presence/she is so well-rounded/great story/glad that she was the last person to EVER be on Team Blake (by blind audition).

Excited to see all 6 of these people’s journeys throughout the season.

Edited by Carebear1999
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Arsh said:

Kelly Clarson created another record this season. She became the 1st female coach and 3rd after Adam and Pharrell (both in season 7) to have a team without one chair turn.

Ahhhhh it’s Kelly CLARKSON!!

Well The Voice channel posted this for some reason lol. I don’t really see the point of this if they aren’t going to promote their tour that they’re doing right now or anything? But of course they wouldn’t care enough to do that.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 7

Ok, now that we´ve seen everyone, some thoughts pre-battles (given that I have some time before work lol):

B: Tasha Jessen vs. EJ Michels - The Tracks of My Tears (Smokey Robinson) - EJ stolen by Niall & Chance. Picked NIALL.

No clue how this pairing came to be. Song choice kinda makes sense, EJ´s got falsetto, Tasha has a smooth tone. But still, not a pairing I would have thought about. I preferred Tasha´s blind here out of the two. We´ll probably see it in the premiere, so it´ll be soon to see how it goes.

N: Gina Miles vs. Kala Banham - Skinny Love (Birdy) - Kala stolen by KELLY.

Gina´s blind was one of my favorites and I didn´t love Kala. Song seems to be perfect for both if overdone. IDF is gonna love this one I feel, the harmonies might be insane. 

C. Sorelle vs. Manasseh Samone - Someone Like You (Adele) - Manasseh received PLAYOFF PASS.

I liked Manasseh better vocally, even though I think Sorelle is more interesting. I could see M taking the upper hand here, although it´d be good for Sorelle to sing a slower song. They´re more vulnerable there, but it´s less of a chance to get messy.

K: Rachel Christine vs. JB Somers - Light On (Maggie Rogers)

I can already tell @FloorWax and @Teraginn are gonna be heartbroken about this one. I liked JB much better, honestly, I expected more from Rachel with that song choice. This oughta be an interesting choice for them to battle to, and on paper, stylistically I´d say JB would be having an advantage, but maybe Rachel made it work for her style or he just had an off day.

B: Grace West vs. Carlos Rising - I Told You So (Randy Travis)

It´s clear Blake favored Grace here, and you can tell he´s gonna continue to do it (fine by me, she´s great). Carlos´s relaxed Clapton cover probably didn´t translate well to the classic Randy Travis style, which I imagined fit Grace like a glove. Probably an easy win. 

N: Michael B.  vs. Ryley Tate - Heartbreak Anniversary (Giveon) - Ryley received PLAYOFF PASS.

This one I´m the most curious to see. On paper it´s bizarre, but perhaps it could work. Ryley has R&B influences and Michael´s voice is very much free-flowing. Out of the two, no contest, Ryley´s blind crushes Michael´s IMO, so it´d be interesting to see him step up, especially since several sources thought he won the battle.

K: Cait Martin vs. Allie Keck - It Must Have Been Love (Roxette)

Hot take: I dislike this song lol. This is powerhouse pairing though, another one I´m inclined to say IDF will love. I do prefer Allie´s more rocking style but I think Cait has the power to match her for sure, and her more delicate side combined with that likely gave her the win.

C. Ray Uriel vs. NOIVAS - Jealous Guy (John Lennon). NOIVAS stolen by BLAKE.

On paper, based on blinds, the winner might be obvious, but I agree with Floorwax in the sense that they might tackle the song in different ways. This could honestly be the potential start of a great Ray growth arc if he actually pulled it off, as well as NOIVAS´s path to the finale.

B: Kylee Dayne vs. Marykate Conner- Anti-Hero (Taylor Swift) - Marykate received PLAYOFF PASS.

One is clearly more ready for this than the other one, and Kylee has a lot of power from her BA, so I expect her to dominate this one considering MK still is quite a bit green. But on the other hand, she must have done something that compelled Blake enough to use the playoff pass on her.

N: Ross Clayton vs. Laura Littleton - Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (Tom Petty & Stevie Nicks)

I like Stevie and Tom, but I find this song pretty boring. Doesn´t help that I didn´t love either audition either. I´ll take Laura´s out of the two, but I´m not really excited for this one.

K: ALI vs. D. Smooth - Unaware (Allen Stone). D. Smooth received PLAYOFF PASS. Chance also tried stealing, but was overruled.

On paper, this has "great" written all over it, but both auditions had problems. That being said, I could see it being really good, considering it´s in their R&B wheelhouse. Hoping ALI works through the nerves, and all that D. Smooth seems to need is a better song choice than gingerman.

B: Walker Wilson vs. Kason Lester - Here Without You (3 Doors Down)

Yeah, IDF is NOT gonna like this one, but this is right up my alley. Two raspy voices going at it, although the song choice might rail them in a bit, since it has a lot of softer moments. Much preferred Walker´s blind, so I assume he indeed had the upper hand. Maybe Floorwax or @Someone648 might join me in the excitement for this one perhaps.

C. Jamar Langley vs. Mariah Kalia - Gravity (John Mayer)

So, I actually liked Mariah´s blind better than Jamar (I believe this is the case for most of IDF as well), but I think this song will be able to let Jamar show a bit more bite when it comes to vocals and style. Plus he played guitar, so he might have felt more comfortable here. This oughta be good, I think.

B: Neil Salsich vs. Alex Whalen - I Heard It Through the Grapevine (Marvin Gaye) 

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Can´t wait for those 5 second I guess. A double whammy since I really like Alex too.

N: Kate Cosentino vs. Tiana Goss - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper) - Tiana stolen by CHANCE.

Knowing this show, we´re about to get our 100000000000000000000000th stripped down, ballad-esque version of GJWHF. I´m Team Kate here, but I feel that said stripped arrangement could give Tiana a good chance to shine too. Let´s see what happens.

C. Magnus vs. Alyssa Lazar - Your Song (Elton John)

Magnus had one of my least favorite blinds and Alyssa was montaged, so...

K: Marcos Covos vs. Sheer Element - I Could Fall in Love (Selena)

Even though I´m always happy when a Latino has success on the show, I vastly preferred SH´s blind. If we look at that, it´s no contest, but trios can be tricky, especially when they´re not called GNT. On paper, it´s a bit of a bizarre "pairing", and I could see mixed results coming out of this.

N: Jerome Godwin vs. Talia Smith - Like I Can (Sam Smith)

Not much to say about this one, except that I liked Talia´s BA better.

C. NariYella vs. Chloe Abbott - TBA

Mismatch, big voice and theatric style vs smooth voice and chilled out style. Not sure here.

K: Holly Brand vs. Katie Beth Forakis - TBA

I could see this working, probably a good country ballad for them. I imagine Kelly favored Holly with the song choice.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Voice said:

Katie Beth is killing it on Facebook! 😍

She is, but Grace's numbers are even better. 

Katie has 20K more views, but Grace has 1.6K more reacts. Katie has more views and shares, but Grace has more reacts, and has better V/L ratio.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, erik g said:

oh so it wasnt just me lol

:lmao: that's what I thought at first, then I realized no threads were updating. 

I try to post on twitter when I know the board is down if you want to check next time. it's just @ istersay on there

• Like 1