The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

So. The one spoiler that I've known all season and they leave it for the last season. Cruel joke..

Ive been looking forward to this but also not so much because Kyla Jade's version is one of my favourite performances ever on the show and I'll inevitably compare even though all performances should be judged on their own..

But, I actually really liked what she did with the song!  her voice is naturally dramatic and powerful and she made the most out of that with the melodic changes she added.

Unfortunately though, the high notes seemed like a  struggle for her. Especially towards the end when it became pitchy and it sounded like she had a hard time sustaining them.

So yeah, really good performance but could have been great if the execution was better, because the vocal choices and tone were on point. Her high belts still sounded listenable even when there were clear pitch issues, and honestly, she took more risks vocally than almost anyone so far.

Edited by Hsamid

19 minutes ago, jarmon said:

NariYella may have my favourite blind audition of the season. That was just phenomenal! :wub:

I've been replaying it like crazy, like WHAAAT?!?!

I literally can’t stop listening to it, it’s definitely my favorite audition of the season 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

don’t think four chair turn actually matters i think the point is the discrepancy in the strength of the auditions. 

obviouslt i get that performance strength depends on rounds but based on what we’ve seen right now i think the result is extremely shocking

I think that chair turns are often seen as a metric for how strong someone’s audition is, but a lot can change in the long run. There are many singers in the past that didn’t have a performance as good as their auditions in the past, and a lot of singers that turned less chairs improved from their auditions. This is why I consider Knockouts one of the most important phases of the competition, that’s where these shifts usually occur. People often wonder “how did this contestant get eliminated?” or “how did this contestant advance so far?” when they only saw their audition. And I’m guilty of this mindset too at times

• Like 3

2 hours ago, QueenCami said:

LEGENDARY. NariYella is so good. Genuine tragedy that she didn’t move past the Knockouts

Ray's performance in that round had better be warranted.  Otherwise, I'm going to feel like something's majorly wrong with Chance.

Edited by Rodney

Just now, Rodney said:

Ray's performance in that round had better warranted.  Otherwise, I'm going to feel like something's majorly wrong with Chance.

He already put S*relle and R*y over Manesseh who sang Speak the name. That’s a powerful song that should’ve guaranteed her win, so I do think there is something majorly wrong with Chance

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

He already put S*relle and R*y over Manesseh who sang Speak the name. That’s a powerful song that should’ve guaranteed her win, so I do think there is something majorly wrong with Chance

I don’t think we can really say anything definitive until we’ve seen all their performances. It seems to me like Chance has a pretty good ear for artists based on who he’s turned for so far and it’s not really fair to the contestants either.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VoiceFan2577 said:

I don’t think we can really say anything definitive until we’ve seen all their performances. It seems to me like Chance has a pretty good ear for artists based on who he’s turned for so far and it’s not really fair to the contestants either.

I actually think he’s turned for lots of mediocre blinds 💀 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

She also looked much younger than 19. 

Yeah, there was an actual teenager (as in, under 18) on Blake's team, that sang country, and the public still voted for Kat instead. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Yeah, there was an actual teenager (as in, under 18) on Blake's team, that sang country, and the public still voted for Kat instead. 

The very next season, Joanna Serenko was on. She was 18, and the audience certainly didn’t give her the teenager benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 1

Quick thoughts: they usually make a big deal out of a coaching filling their team, and Kelly’s comment was specific enough it would be odd for a source to misremember. My guess is Blake filled, and then, Kelly 

Voice blinds tape over ~4 days end of June/first day or two of July. Niell’s posted schedule wouldn’t be a conflict at all 

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The very next season, Joanna Serenko was on. She was 18, and the audience certainly didn’t give her the teenager benefit of the doubt. 

They gave her enough of one to give her the Playoffs Instant Save, at least.

Tying the teenager convo back to this season - Gina looks 17/18, but having a softer speaking voice and her personality being more timid until she starts singing makes her read as “younger” than she actually is (much like Kat’s rounder face and shorter height made her seem younger than Gracee, despite her actually being a couple years older).

If Gina’s able to play that to her advantage, all the more power to her, but we don’t know that will be the case for sure.

• Like 1