The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

Well, Ray will be the ultimate heel this season. He's a nice guy and it's always great to carve a grower, but we'll see how far the pushback is down the line. I am curious about the Ray/NariYella matchup, mostly because I suspect that's a battle between two acts that seem fairly hip-hoppy, but are pushing vocals first for the purpose of this show. But if Chance considers Ray more of his spirit animal musically with the theater-type creativity, the decision might also be informed there.

I think the biggest issue with NariYella is she isn't going to be singing this sort of stuff off show, because there's a huge dissonance between her recorded material and this. The Ashanti/Bruno forward-swag doesn't jibe with this, and being versed in hip hop she knows what sort of music makes the money. But obviously when you join the Voice, it's vocals-forward, and she proved she could sing and curry favor with people who like big, booming songs/vocals. But it's such an oft-covered song, like Heart's "Alone", you're pitting yourself to be compared against top shelf singers, oftentimes paling in comparison. In that respect, she came off more as a great performer with good vocals, but not with the top shelf vocals. One wonders with a different song, maybe even a slower song, some more imperfections may arise, especially when balancing the energy with the vocal precision.

Still, her energy, personality, and mainstream marketability shines through even in coach banter. It's kind of amazing she isn't getting the long-term push here, but then you realize it's The Voice and not a pop enclave like XF (she reminds of XFUK's Tamera Foster, for example)  that would probably really promote her.

Edited by jork
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Here’s my hot take for the day. I won’t  be shocked if Gina surpasses Ryley by the end. She already has the advantage of winning her battle, and not having to skip her KO. I think she’s minivan bait. 

In an interview, Niall shared that he gets along with all the coaches—especially Blake, and the two do seem to have a natural chemistry. The show is leaning into the dad-son dynamic, airing Blake helping Niall pitch against Kelly, having Niall use the finger point, etc. Sources said Niall and Blake have a pass-the-torch type of relationship. At 1:52 in this video, Blake says, "I feel like Niall is gonna take my seat on this show. Niall is gonna be the new king of [The Voice]. I'm passing the baton on to my son."

Niall appears to enjoy the coach role and commented that he'll be here for s24 if he isn't fired. Maybe TPTB ensured both of Niall's live show representatives were contestants minivan would like. It could foster a smooth transition to a season without Blake but with Niall.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RTV said:

In an interview, Niall shared that he gets along with all the coaches—especially Blake, and the two do seem to have a natural chemistry. The show is leaning into the dad-son dynamic, airing Blake helping Niall pitch against Kelly, having Niall use the finger point, etc. Sources said Niall and Blake have a pass-the-torch type of relationship. At 1:52 in this video, Blake says, "I feel like Niall is gonna take my seat on this show. Niall is gonna be the new king of [The Voice]. I'm passing the baton on to my son."

Niall appears to enjoy the coach role and commented that he'll be here for s24 if he isn't fired. Maybe TPTB ensured both of Niall's live show representatives were contestants minivan would like. It could foster a smooth transition to a season without Blake but with Niall.

Niall has some European concert dates in the last week of June: I don’t think he’ll be there for s24.

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Here’s my hot take for the day. I won’t  be shocked if Gina surpasses Ryley by the end. She already has the advantage of winning her battle, and not having to skip her KO. I think she’s minivan bait. 

Gina reminds of Hailey Mia in that she starts off with a mainstream pop-accessible song (Katy Perry vs Tate McRae) and continues the trend of modernity in the arc of her run. There's also the sense that of "she doesn't know how good she is" style of humility that tends to endear her with audiences. It's easy to compare with Brynn Cartelli, Hailey and whatnot, but they all advanced far; hell, in today's radio scene, you can even compare her to EM Beihold or Lauren Spencer-Smith in some ways, so there's contemporaries with success out there too. With the right push (if anyone on the show cares), she might have that chance as well. Ryley's tugging at heartstrings by doing modern emotive ballads as well, though, so this looks like a formidable team. But Gina looks more interesting off show, based on style/song choices.

Edited by jork

8 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Niall has some European concert dates in the last week of June: I don’t think he’ll be there for s24.

His website tour schedule shows Boston Calling Festival on May 26, Pinkpop on June 16, Isle of Wight Festival on June 18, and then Stavernfestivalen on July 6. They might be able to film around the two mid-June conflicts, or maybe he isn't serious about returning next season.

https://www.niallhoran.com/#/tour

Edited by RTV

1 minute ago, Angelbright said:

NariYella was better than expected omgggg and I loveeee her attitude 

yeah i was slightly skeptical bc her online stuff isn’t powerhouse at all but she killed that. probably favorite audition so far and if not def top auditions for me

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jork said:

Gina reminds of Hailey Mia in that she starts off with a mainstream pop-accessible song (Katy Perry vs Tate McRae) and continues the trend of modernity in the arc of her run. There's also the sense that of "she doesn't know how good she is" style of humility that tends to endear her with audiences. It's easy to compare with Brynn Cartelli, Hailey and whatnot, but they all advanced far; hell, in today's radio scene, you can even compare her to EM Beihold or Lauren Spencer-Smith in some ways, so there's contemporaries with success out there too. With the right push (if anyone on the show cares), she might have that chance as well. Ryley's tugging at heartstrings by doing modern emotive ballads as well, though, so this looks like a formidable team. But Gina looks more interesting off show, based on style/song choices.

I almost made the Hailey Mia comparison too, but Gina is 18. The way you laid it out, I does seem to fit. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, arianathevoice929 said:

Hi... 

I made an account simply to say chance singlehandedly ruined the season by eliminating 2 incredible FOUR CHAIR turns - Cait & Nariyella 

other than the fact that the format of this show is completely terrible... will not be watching anymore. 

Cait wasn’t on Chance’s team. What are you talking about haha

2 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Some users here are so obsessed with chair turns, it's very annoying.

(Also Ray beating 2 four chair-turns doesn't have to mean anything, they might have flopped)

don’t think four chair turn actually matters i think the point is the discrepancy in the strength of the auditions. 

obviouslt i get that performance strength depends on rounds but based on what we’ve seen right now i think the result is extremely shocking

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Some users here are so obsessed with chair turns, it's very annoying.

(Also Ray beating 2 four chair-turns doesn't have to mean anything, they might have flopped)

It just means that Chance gave each singer a clean slate every time they sang.  

• Like 2

Also Chance had the second weakest pitch Kelly’s was the weakest btw but Neil and Blake had better pitches and they really didn’t have anyone like her on their team. Yes with her abilities she should’ve been able to beat almost anyone on that team but hearing the other coaches pitches I would’ve gone with Neil or Blake. 

• Like 1

I thought NariYella was great overall. She has a nice R&B tone and good power and runs, but some of the high botes sounded weak (or maybe she got bandzilla’d?).

I think Ray has lots of potential, and I don’t think his blind was even bad, he was just a bit nervous. Personally, I can see how he could have beat NariYella, but I’m more confused about how he could have been equal with NOIVAS on “Jealous Guy.” That song seems to suit NOIVAS more.

• Confused 1