Biggest Pre-Live Robberies?

ikwonic

We all know that the live audience has some... questionable taste leading to a lot of favorites getting sent home way too early, but what are some cases of the coaches robbing artists before the lives? What came to my mind was Caroline Glaser beating Amy Whitcomb in the KOs in Season 4. I'm a massive fan of Caroline and she was my favorite that season, but her KO was so sub-par, while Amy really delivered in the second half of her performance.

Maiya Sykes in S7. A very seasoned vocalist with a great audition and she goes home in battles. The first bad decision Pharrell made on the show. Out of all battle eliminations in 20 seasons, this one is the biggest head-scratcher.

Honorable mention to Michael Sanchez who got eliminated after a great Knockout performance. He could have helped saved S11 Live Shows from being a huge flop. Alicia is my favorite coach, but this was the main decision from her that I wasn’t happy about.

I guess Blake eliminating Marina after her great performance in Knockouts also counts. Same with him sending Cory Jackson home in battles, a country guy that I enjoyed. I found Blake’s T3 disappointing that season besides Ricky D.

• Like 4

Marisa Corvo- You pick Tanner, really Kelly?

One Up- Not robbed but deserved a steal

Tayler Green- Had a insanely good KO.

Rizzi Myers- Same reason as one up. 

Mendeleyev- More interesting then preston

Toia Jones- HOW?

Livia Faith- One of the best tones i heard. 

Darious Lyles- Was way better then Mike.

Lindsay Joan- DESERVED THE SAVE NICK!

Bradley Sinclair- ^^

• Like 4

Mendeleyev being eliminated in BATTLES is just crazy. He would've had a higher chance than Preston to advance past the KO's.

Lindsay Joan is also an egregious one.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 3

Emily Luther

Moriah Formica

Mendeleyev

Tayler Green

Marisa Corvo

Lauren Frihauf

Durell Anthony

Lindsay Joan

Savanna Woods and Julia Cooper (not sure if they count since the decision was public based but still)

probably more as well but these are the first that came to mind

• Like 2

Hard to know for sure since we’re talking about autotuned performances. I’ve had some favorites go down in the playoffs, but that doesn’t count for this discussion. Morgan Frazier probably should have won that battle, but that’s all I have. 

EDIT: I forgot about Joanna’s battle. What were you thinking, Nick? C’mon...

Edited by TeamAudra

Agreed with most that have been named, but these two haven't been mentioned yet.

Ignatious Carnouche

Ignatious should have been stolen. Eric's voice is undeniably unique, but ignatious had better range throughout the song.

Celeste Betton

Celeste also should have been stolen. Though Mark was no slouch and definitely had the stage presence edge, I thought Celeste was clearly more impressive vocally.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

Toia Jones (S7) losing over Damien and not getting any steal was a choice

Also will add:

- Mike Schiavo (S10) - screwed over the song choice + pairing

- Troy Ritchie (S7) - LIKE SERIOUSLY?!

- Beth Spangler (S7) - Beth (and Bryana in the later round) should've advanced over Ryan Sill- period.

- Timyra Joi (S5) - Amber freakin' killed that but she should've been stolen imo :(

- Amy Whitcomb (S4) - the first artist who I've heard sang House of the Rising Sun (I've heard Pip's just recently so there's that lol) on The Voice and killed it- but then got eliminated over Caroline's performance 😬 (love Caroline BUT the performance wasn't it)

- Anthony Evans (S2) - idk if this counts since the battle steals were implemented after Season 2- but still if there was only a steal, no doubt this dude deserved it. He and Jesse delivered one of my favorite battles on the history of the show

I've only listed those artists from Season 10 and below btw

• Like 2

• istersay changed the title to Biggest Pre-Live Robberies?
On 6/16/2021 at 10:13 AM, Misirlou said:

Season 21 Blind Auditions:  Hoot Worthington Wheels-Rigdon Marlow gets a 4-chair turn and An Unprecedented Double Block!"

7 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Mendeleyev Galileo Einstein Pythagoras Darwin Euclid Leonardo Allan-Blitz.

Same energy.

• Haha 2

S20: Lindsay Joan. She’s def not my favorite but she deserved a save or a steal. Maybe even the win! Bradley Sinclair also deserved a steal/save. I would’ve also said Halley but her battle wasn’t the best due to the song.

S19: No one, but I think Lauren should’ve won her KO. I would say Kelsie but Madeline was better in the Knockouts due to Kelsie’s poor song choice. I also liked Ryan Gallagher and Marisa but we all know what happened there,

S18: KAILEY + TAYLER

S17: Marina for SURE! Steve Knill and Mendeleyev were also really good.

S16: Rizzi, Mikaela, LiLi.

S15: Hmm….I can’t think of any IN the moment right now since there quite a few battle montages.

S14: I think Genesis/Stephanie deserved a steal.

S13: Ignatious, Moriah, Emily. 

Edited by VoiceFan!
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I forgot to mention Blake picking WTW over Taryn in the battle. :wacko:

I could kind of wrap my head around it when pre-season spoilers came, but when we saw the actual battle, it was clear Taryn slaughtered them yet wasn't rewarded for it.

Troy Ritchie would have been a lot of fun in the lives.

Also, given his performance, he wasn´t robbed of the win, but TMH was robbed of a chance to even fight to get it. Had they given him his supposed PO song ("More than a Feeling" by Boston), things could have changed there. But they straight up saddled him with a terrible pop song.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, echoap said:

I think Karli Webster deserved a chance to fight for the votes. 

100%. If Miley wanted a country girl, she could've had Karli go the country route and just drop Ashland.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 1:10 AM, FloorWax said:

I could kind of wrap my head around it when pre-season spoilers came, but when we saw the actual battle, it was clear Taryn slaughtered them yet wasn't rewarded for it.

at least she was saved and she moved on so we can't rly complain.

On 7/2/2021 at 12:05 AM, FloorWax said:

100%. If Miley wanted a country girl, she could've had Karli go the country route and just drop Ashland.

After Chloe’s ICONIC performance she still picked Ashland like wth? Also I thought she’d be saving Karly cuz Miley gave up Addison for her (though both were even unlike Chloe x Ashland).