R.I.P. Nikki McKibbin, 9/28/1978 - 10/31/2020

Idol Maniac

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-alum-nikki-mckibbin-dead-at-42.htm

I’m so saddened by this...yet another alum gone too soon...one of the originals...

F*ck 2020.

I’m grateful that I got to meet you, even if it was just once.

My condolences to your family and friends...

Rest In Peace, Queen.

Edited by Idol Maniac
  • Sad 6

• Idol Maniac changed the title to R.I.P. Nikki McKibbin, 9/28/1978 - 10/31/2020

Nevermind. I think I just found out what the cause of death could have been from a quote on a website.

“Many of you already know something is wrong. The love of my life Nikki Sadler suffered an aneurysm on Wednesday. She would already be gone, but she’s an organ donor and has been kept on life support to make that possible. That shouldn’t be a surprise to us. Even at the end she is still giving. She was so loved that I know thousands of you will be grieving with us. There are only a few hours left for me to hold her hand and kiss her forehead. The current Covid situation won’t allow the huge service that she deserves, but but I would like to offer the opportunity to honor her. She will be taken to the OR at 3:00 am Central time to give her final gift. You may know she practically worshiped Stevie Nicks. Before they begin, they will play Landslide for her one last time. If you are able, you can pause at 3:00 and listen to it with her. She will know. She loved so many of you and I know you loved her too.”

This is where the quote is from.

https://deaddeath.com/death/nikki-mckibbin-death-tributes-idol-season-1-contestant-dead/

Sponsored

Edited by anticoronaperson

2 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

R.I.P. Nikki McKibbin. She was definitely one of the best contestants ever on that show. Does anyone know what the cause of death was yet? It's still sad regardless. I just wanted to know if anyone knew that yet.

It was an aneurysm. She was on life support for a while it sounds like and they decided to pull the plug 😢 

Wow, and it looked like she was in better health over the past few years. It seems as if an Idol finalist leaves us every other year since 2014:

2014 - Michael Johns

2016 - Rickey Smith

2018 - Leah LaBelle

2020 - Nikki McKibbin

May she join the other three to make beautiful music together in the afterlife. 💔 😢

• Like 1

Oh this is tremendously sad. So young. I also remember seeing her a few years back when she came to her son's audition and it was lovely to see how immensely proud she was of him! Praying for him and all of her loved ones. RIP Nikki. 💔 

30 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Wow, and it looked like she was in better health over the past few years. It seems as if an Idol finalist leaves us every other year since 2014:

2014 - Michael Johns

2016 - Rickey Smith

2018 - Leah LaBelle

2020 - Nikki McKibbin

May she join the other three to make beautiful music together in the afterlife. 💔 😢

Also, Joanne Borgella and Marque Lynche. I know they weren’t finalists, but they were semi finalists.

Edited by anticoronaperson

Absolutely horrible news. Nikki has always been one of my favorites. :( She was always underappreciated during her run on the show and I enjoyed her underdog journey, she didn't deserve all the grief she got. She had her own style and always stayed true to herself, something I always respected her for.

RIP Nikki. ❤️ 

• Like 1

I know people mention Black Velvet as her "shining moment," but her Top 4 performances still rank among my all-time Idol favourites, particularly her Alanis cover:

I tried to stay up-to-date with her career, and these were my favourites that she put out on her album and afterward:

(the drag queen in this is actually one of the big names in the Cincinnati drag scene)

The song she sang when she graduated from Celebrity Rehab. 😭 Everything I saw said that she took her sobriety seriously, and I'm so proud of her for doing so.

Similar to what @1234567890 said, the first season of American Idol changed the course of my life, and Nikki was a big part of that. She was the original underdog, the original B3 queen, and the original Idol rocker. Rest in paradise, Nikki. ❤️

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KelseyW said:

I think she was the first Idol rocker/rock girl? I bet she paved the road for many singers on this show... 

She could be considered the first major rock contestant on any reality singing show. The only ones that were around before Idol were Star Search, which had rock contestants on but it was a weekly competition (similar to how Fox is doing their shows nowadays), and Pop Stars, which was specifically marketed towards finding a pop group. Nikki was actually on that show, too.

• Like 1