R.I.P. Nikki McKibbin, 9/28/1978 - 10/31/2020

Idol Maniac

Kelly also didn’t say anything about it when she had Randy and Paula on the show and they were reminiscing about season one. I think it was in poor taste to ignore the elephant in the room.

I know that Nikki and Kelly had a falling out a few years after Idol. From what I understand Nikki showed up to one of Kelly’s shows under the influence and Kelly wasn’t happy about that and broke off all communication with Nikki from that point on.  But to not even acknowledge her death seems like a bit much and even kind of cruel because once upon time they were really good friends.

1 hour ago, Stormiya said:

Kelly also didn’t say anything about it when she had Randy and Paula on the show and they were reminiscing about season one. I think it was in poor taste to ignore the elephant in the room.

I know that Nikki and Kelly had a falling out a few years after Idol. From what I understand Nikki showed up to one of Kelly’s shows under the influence and Kelly wasn’t happy about that and broke off all communication with Nikki from that point on.  But to not even acknowledge her death seems like a bit much and even kind of cruel because once upon time they were really good friends.

Yeah and even if that’s the case, Kelly Clarkson should forgive her. I mean is it possible that Kelly Clarkson didn’t forgive her because Nikki McKibbin didn’t apologize?

3 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

Yeah and even if that’s the case, Kelly Clarkson should forgive her. I mean is it possible that Kelly Clarkson didn’t forgive her because Nikki McKibbin didn’t apologize?

I know Nikki tried to apologize on twitter publicly, the tweets are out there I believe.

Edited by kamil24

1 hour ago, Stormiya said:

Yeah I think Nikki tried apologizing multiple ways but as I mentioned Kelly broke off all communication with her. 

Do we know the extent of how bad it was? Did she just show up drunk or did she cause trouble and make a scene? If Nikki McKibbin caused a scene at the concert, I can understand why Kelly Clarkson would be upset.

Edited by anticoronaperson

11 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

Do we know the extent of how bad it was? Did she just show up drunk or did she cause trouble and make a scene? If Nikki McKibbin caused a scene at the concert, I can understand why Kelly Clarkson would be upset.

The version of the story I heard was that Kelly sent Nikki tickets and back stage passes to her show and when Nikki came back stage after the show that’s when Kelly could tell she was under the influence and wasn’t happy about it. I haven’t heard anything more specific then that. Maybe there is more maybe there isn’t because I understand why Kelly would be mad even if there wasn’t. 

oh and if you go down nikk’s Twitter feed you will see some apologies to Kelly and Tamyra even. Not sure what happened with Tamyra.

Edited by Stormiya

7 minutes ago, Stormiya said:

The version of the story I heard was that Kelly sent Nikki tickets and back stage passes to her show and when Nikki came back stage after the show that’s when Kelly could tell she was under the influence and wasn’t happy about it. I haven’t heard anything more specific then that. Maybe there is more maybe there isn’t because I understand why Kelly would be mad even if there wasn’t. 

oh and if you go down nikk’s Twitter feed you will see some apologies to Kelly and Tamyra even. Not sure what happened with Tamyra.

I see the tweets now that you are talking about. Did she try privately messaging them? She probably did. Also, it's possible that Kelly Clarkson blocked Nikki McKibbin on twitter because on one of the tweets she tagged Kelly Clarkson on for Twitter, you can't click on Kelly Clarkson's name.

20 hours ago, Stormiya said:

What do you mean by the elephant in the room? Who are you saying is the elephant in the room?

13 minutes ago, Stormiya said:

Also, I wonder if Nikki McKibbin apologized that night at Kelly Clarkson's concert. She might have. Most of the time, apologizing right away for something wrong really helps and results in a favorable outcome for you.

2 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

What do you mean by the elephant in the room? Who are you saying is the elephant in the room?

The elephant in the room is Nikki mckibbin’s death.

when an addict goes to rehab like Nikki did one of the things that is apart of their recovery is that they have to make attempt to make an amends with those they wronged. So It was part of Nikki’s recovery to apologize to Kelly. Whether Kelly choose to accept it is Kelly’s business but I do think ignoring Nikki’s death is a bit much.

1 minute ago, Stormiya said:

The elephant in the room is Nikki mckibbin’s death.

when an addict goes to rehab like Nikki did one of the things that is apart of their recovery is that they have to make attempt to make an amends with those they wronged. So It was part of Nikki’s recovery to apologize to Kelly. Whether Kelly choose to accept it is Kelly’s business but I do think ignoring Nikki’s death is a bit much.

Yeah I know that part of recovery from addiction is making amends. I'm not saying this incident makes Nikki McKibbin a bad person. Everyone makes mistakes. It's just Kelly Clarkson is such a nice person. If she didn't respond to Nikki McKibbin or say anything about her death, it seems that there is clearly a reason that you and I don't know about.

7 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

Yeah I know that part of recovery from addiction is making amends. I'm not saying this incident makes Nikki McKibbin a bad person. Everyone makes mistakes. It's just Kelly Clarkson is such a nice person. If she didn't respond to Nikki McKibbin or say anything about her death, it seems that there is clearly a reason that you and I don't know about.

Or it could be related to the story I told. We don’t know if there is more to the story or not. So anything more is pure speculation.

It looks like two weeks ago RJ Helton posted about Nikki’s death and their relationship on fb. It’s very sweet.

“So, as you all know one of my dearest friends, Nikki McKibbin passed away this past October.   I've not mentioned it or talked about it with anyone mostly because I'm not ready to admit that she's gone.  It still hasn't hit me. 
I met Nikki in the summer of 2002 while auditioning for American Idol. She came up to me and said, "Damn boy..you sure are pretty." And we became inseparable throughout the entire experience and for years to come.  She was the first human I ever felt comfortable enough with to talk about my sexuality and It was her mission to be my matchmaker. 
We developed and maintained the purest most honest friendship.  She's who I called when I couldn't get out of bed.  It's hard to believe I won't be able to pick up the phone and call her anymore.
Nikki Sadler  you will forever be a part of me. Thank you for giving me strength when I couldn't find it for myself. I'll love you forever. Rest peacefully my sweet friend.”

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Stormiya said:

It looks like two weeks ago RJ Helton posted about Nikki’s death and their relationship on fb. It’s very sweet.

“So, as you all know one of my dearest friends, Nikki McKibbin passed away this past October.   I've not mentioned it or talked about it with anyone mostly because I'm not ready to admit that she's gone.  It still hasn't hit me. 
I met Nikki in the summer of 2002 while auditioning for American Idol. She came up to me and said, "Damn boy..you sure are pretty." And we became inseparable throughout the entire experience and for years to come.  She was the first human I ever felt comfortable enough with to talk about my sexuality and It was her mission to be my matchmaker. 
We developed and maintained the purest most honest friendship.  She's who I called when I couldn't get out of bed.  It's hard to believe I won't be able to pick up the phone and call her anymore.
Nikki Sadler  you will forever be a part of me. Thank you for giving me strength when I couldn't find it for myself. I'll love you forever. Rest peacefully my sweet friend.”

OMG, this is so sweet! 🥺

Edited by Bk1234

2 hours ago, Stormiya said:

Okay that's good to know. We still haven't heard from Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson, Kelly Clarkson, EJay Day, Christina Christian, and Tamyra Gray.

2 hours ago, Stormiya said:

I can't find the post on Facebook. Can you post a picture on here so I can have an easier time finding it on Facebook?

3 hours ago, Stormiya said:

I already tried to upload a screen shot but it said the file was too big. RJ posted it on his fb and tagged Nikki in it. I can see it because I am fb friends with Nikki but it is not a public post.

Oh okay. It’s on his personal profile. Wait how were you friends with Nikki McKibbin on Facebook? Did you know her personally?

3 hours ago, Stormiya said:

I already tried to upload a screen shot but it said the file was too big. RJ posted it on his fb and tagged Nikki in it. I can see it because I am fb friends with Nikki but it is not a public post.

Do you have a Mac computer? You might be able to try and take a screenshot of just the message and then you might be able post it up on here.

On 1/26/2021 at 9:09 PM, anticoronaperson said:

Oh okay. It’s on his personal profile. Wait how were you friends with Nikki McKibbin on Facebook? Did you know her personally?

I use to run a Nikki McKibbin message board which lead to me being in touch with her management. When she got a fb she added me!

On 1/26/2021 at 9:11 PM, anticoronaperson said:

Do you have a Mac computer? You might be able to try and take a screenshot of just the message and then you might be able post it up on here.

I do! I have an iPhone which is what I took the original screenshot from so I doubt it’s different then my Mac. But next time I am on it I can give it a try 

On 1/24/2021 at 3:08 PM, Stormiya said:

Honestly Kelly is very talented and I think she started out as a nice, funny person. However, she's a big brand and you dont get two big deals with a network like NBC with out having a little bit of ice and "idgaf" in your veins. 

On 1/31/2021 at 1:39 PM, sneaky said:

Honestly Kelly is very talented and I think she started out as a nice, funny person. However, she's a big brand and you dont get two big deals with a network like NBC with out having a little bit of ice and "idgaf" in your veins. 

I just don’t really see Kelly Clarkson as the type of person who has “a little bit of ice” and an “idgaf” attitude in her veins.