The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

This thread is closing, but it was so amazing getting to join IDF this season & argue about if Kenzie or Cam was winning, lmao. 

(This is cheesy, but I’m a theater kid, so what can you expect?) 

• Like 3

YES. YES. YES. 

I’m literally FILLED with joy right now.

Cam Anthony deserved the win. Period. If you don’t agree you’re either deaf or snoopy level of denial.

Let’s talk because this literally means way more than we think. Cam represented every aspect of black excellence the moment he stepped on that stage. The songs that he (and Victor) sang were literally anthems for the community. Feeling Good and Nina Simone are AA icons. It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday is from Cooley High, a film that’s left a mark to the community, (as Cam said) used in funerals all around the states (yes. That’s black impact). And don’t even get me started with Stand Up. If y’all don’t know Miss Cynthia Erivo is the artist behind the song, and she acted as Harriet Tubman in the film Harriet. A huge pioneer for black leadership (if YALL tell me you don’t know about Harriet Chile.....a google search waits for you). Stand Up is a song about standing up against adversity and supremacy. Another powerful message from and to the black community right there. The thing is the lyrics of the song apply to everyone as well. I couldn’t MOVE when Cam was singing that song because he embodied what it’s about in the most stunning way.

Imma talk about his stage presence. He was the embodiment of AA empowerment. The comb?? Yes. The comb. Might be just a simple accessory for some but it’s a symbol that stands up against oppression. The symbol was born with the civil rights movement and so many people still wear it today because guess what? There’s still oppression. And they’re standing as a community. I have never seen someone wear that comb so proudly and confidently in past seasons. Oliv Blu had literally a less than 10 seconds segment of her comb and her audition was MONTAGED. Cam did that and represented it so beautifully.

America got it right this time. I’m overfilled with happiness because black talent has been recognized. If y’all gonna come here and discredit his win saying he won because he won on Team Blake, yes, minivan is a sucker for Blake, but let’s just celebrate that Cam did that! This is a huge F you for all racists out there (and in here since...well there may be one or two you never know)

I hope this is a path to a more accepting audience that rewards those who deserves it. I might be getting my hopes up, but Cam winning has been a silver lining long overdue. For now, we can be happy (ig, should be more) with 5/20 non-white winners. Congrats to Cam and all of the finalists for such a great season with such a talented, spirited and deserving winner

Also if you don’t really care about the larger conversation that this result brings (aka having another AA winner, the representation Cam brought) I hope you understand the amount of privilege that you have in that sense. This means so much more to so many people.

• Like 10

Posted this on the discussion thread, but here it is again:

So here`s the thing: Kenzie never really connected with Minivan. Since the beginning of the season they seemed to like Ethan and Avery more than him, they were pretty quiet about Kenzie.  

Cam came in swinging. FB seemed to favor him over Kenzie around playoffs or so, and with Kenzie underdelivering on a huge country song in his T9, that was it.

• Like 2

Also, Blake can feel free to rub his other coaches these aspects:

• Nick wasted his block on Cam
  • John was blocked from getting Cam, and he would have been his choice.
  • Kelly was the only one who didn`t turn for Cam, and he was in Taping 1 lol.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Posted this on the discussion thread, but here it is again:

So here`s the thing: Kenzie never really connected with Minivan. Since the beginning of the season they seemed to like Ethan and Avery more than him, they were pretty quiet about Kenzie.  

Cam came in swinging. FB seemed to favor him over Kenzie around playoffs or so, and with Kenzie underdelivering on a huge country song in his T9, that was it.

This what I've been saying too before Playoffs. 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Also, Blake can feel free to rub his other coaches these aspects:

• Nick wasted his block on Cam
  • John was blocked from getting Cam, and he would have been his choice.
  • Kelly was the only one who didn`t turn for Cam, and he was in Taping 1 lol.

I think if Kelly turned, Cam would pick her instead of Blake.

Also if Kenzie was in Team Blake, results would have been different

• Like 1

Just now, VoiceSelf12 said:

It doesn’t quite happen when a all time idol forums favorite wins The Voice. The last time that happened Maelyn won! It’s quite ironic how Maelyn and Cam are both the most deserving winners by defeating a country guy as runner ups

Although Kenzie >>>>>>>> Gyth

However, if the duets were PART of the finale then Kenzie would’ve won. That’s what led Jake to win...his duet w/ Kelly was at #3 in the charts

Yes!! Cam deserved it! He is a freaking amazing vocalist! Him not winning would have been tragic. 

Also, i want to feel bad for Kelly because she lost but i remember she didn't turned for Cam, she was literally so overconfident in that her country boy was gonna win it all for her. Sorry Queen, but he is not Chevel. I hope you understand now that, it doesn't matter if you have the only country singer in the competition, if they don't deliver, they are not winning honey, sorry 🤭

• Like 2