The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Hello! I just joined IDF today and I’m a recent Voice fan, but I’ve already watched most of the performances from s13-s18 because of quarantine boredom and all. 

Can someone clarify what TPTB is? You guys mention it a lot on here.😹 

6 minutes ago, Harmat said:

Hello! I just joined IDF today and I’m a recent Voice fan, but I’ve already watched most of the performances from s13-s18 because of quarantine boredom and all. 

The Power That Be. 

English idom meaning whoever control everything.  So producer staff etc. 

10 minutes ago, Harmat said:

TPTB = The Powers That Be, referring to those who control the show

11 hours ago, echoap said:

Does this link still work for you? I went to watch this again and it looks like it’s been taken down, and it wasn’t even originally posted by her. I wanted to give it a listen with headphones. Damn! 

Edited by TeamAudra

29 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Does this link still work for you? I went to watch this again and it looks like it’s been taken down, and it wasn’t even originally posted by her. I wanted to give it a listen with headphones. Damn! 

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

And no premiere until 10/19. This is pretty bad for the contestants. S15 was the last semi-normal schedule. Just pull the plug. 

idk if by pull the plug you mean stop the show, but the show was never about helping the contestants, so I doubt they care.

anyway, despite the changed circumstances, I still enjoy the voice and look forward to it; last season's live shows were not as good as normal, but they best they could w/ covid and I still got to listen to my favourites

• Like 1

I formed a team of 13 contestants, I'll edit (Add/remove) once I see BAs (and new names) and whittle it down to 10/12. My team is just based on who I like, based on who I said was an 8/10 higher while looking through YT covers.

Right now I have (unbolded are 8/10, bolded are 9/10, no 10/10s yet until I see BAs):

Lauren Frihauf

Tamara Jade

Rio Souma

Skylar Mayton

DeSz

John Holiday

Joseph Soul

Kelsie Watts

JusJon

Cami Clune

Worth the Wait

Julia Cooper

Lain Roy

edit: since I did it on sheets, I can see that my average score for the contestant was a 7.24 but nobody asked lmao

Edited by ashwinner

6 hours ago, Harmat said:

Welcome 🤠

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Harmat said:

Welcome to the madhouse, as stated up thread TPTB = The Power(s) That Be so the producers/execs/casting directors/etc. that do the behind-the-scenes heavy lifting to make the show happen.

10 hours ago, ashwinner said:

idk if by pull the plug you mean stop the show, but the show was never about helping the contestants, so I doubt they care.

To the show's credit, it was better at making it seem like they cared for the first six seasons, but running twice a year vs. once for AGT and Idol really hurt it long-term because as contestants left the show and needed the most help navigating the music industry (as they're at their highest exposure and less-hardcore-devout fans are still engaged), their coaches would be focused on building a new team and/or helping the artists for next season. Thus why if I miraculously was a good enough artist to turn four chairs, I'd pick Blake or Kelly - they've mentioned how they support the artists beyond the show, so even if I didn't win I'd at least have a shot at not being totally forgotten by my coach. 

(Please note that I can't sing worth a darn and I have really bad stage fright, so I will not ever get close to the point of landing a blind audition).

• Like 1

Looking at the spoilers, I am shocked on why John usually gets all the good artists. Blake also good a really good batch, and Gwen’s team is really diverse but also pretty weak. I love Liam and Lauren, those are her top contenders. I think the finale will consist of two John Legend candidates (unless one really good person gets stolen), 1 Team Blake (maybe Taryn or Jim) and one from Team Kelly (I love Kelsie, Skylar and Desz)

3 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

think the finale will consist of two John Legend candidates

John will most likely eliminate the two finalists from his team, so I wouldn't be so sure. Lol. Also, low-key, I hope Tamara somehow goes to Team Kelly, although I don't want to risk her being eliminated either.

• Like 1

Just now, CufaFanvoice26 said:

John will most likely eliminate the two finalists from his team, so I wouldn't be so sure. Lol. Also, low-key, I hope Tamara somehow goes to Team Kelly, although I don't want to risk her being eliminated either.

Since we only know 6 names, I’m guessing the rest are also good. I think Julia Cooper will definitely be stolen by someone, and also maybe John Holiday 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

But Desz will definitely get more votes than her. They both will occupy one space, and also with Kelly’s massive fan base, I’m not so sure Tamara will do so well in the lives. But I agree, Tamara and Kelly would be a force! I also really want a female to win, but not a country person. Maybe Cami Cune or Tamara/Desz or Skylar

11 hours ago, ashwinner said:

Lauren Frihauf

Tamara Jade

Rio Souma

Skylar Mayton

DeSz

John Holiday

Joseph Soul

Kelsie Watts

JusJon

Cami Clune

Worth the Wait

Julia Cooper

Lain Roy

I really like this team! Glad to see you really like Kelsie and Cami! 😊

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yay, another Kelsie fan! :ohyeah:

Same goes here. I really love her covers in youtube, her tone is what I like her the most, also got range. And a bold song choice for her audition, that Kelly's song is really hard to sing.

• Like 1

I think even if the IDF is divided on Tamara's, she's got what it takes to be loved by the viewers more than Desz (based on what I've heard so far). Desz's type of voice can give underwhelming performance, while Tamara's can give overwhelming one. 

Viewers tend to favor more the "overbearing" singers like Tamara even if they don't win. Toneisha might've got lucky because no one is like her on her season. IDK but I am #TeamDesz all the way! I cannot see an AA winner though, I lost my faith on the viewers lmao 😂

3 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I think even if the IDF is divided on Tamara's, she's got what it takes to be loved by the viewers more than Desz (based on what I've heard so far). Desz's type of voice can give underwhelming performance, while Tamara's can give overwhelming one. 

Viewers tend to favor more the "overbearing" singers like Tamara even if they don't win. Toneisha might've got lucky because no one is like her on her season. IDK but I am #TeamDesz all the way! I cannot see an AA winner though, I lost my faith on the viewers lmao 😂

I think Tamara both will make it to the Semi Finals but I really believe Desz will move further. Toneisha was the only AA diva to make it as far as she did because of Blake and because she wasn’t like the other typical screamers and Desz is just like that.

Lmao what If Desz ends up on Team Blake. Even though I doubt Kelly would ever drop her

13 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I don’t see the Voice as a way to help artists in their career. I see it as an actual singing competition. Just like World of Dance is a dancing competition. The voice only brings great exposure to people and the best singer wins.

Yeah actually the thing about them is sometimes it makes it look like more of a competition between the coaches and not the artists, it is always good for entertainment, but I really won't expect for them to help an artist in a huge way, still think American Idol can help an artist more (not in all cases though *cough* Maddie Poppe *cough*)

Also, looks like their recording company or something have its problems 😂

5 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Yeah actually the thing about them is sometimes it makes it look like more of a competition between the coaches and not the artists, it is always good for entertainment, but I really won't expect for them to help an artist in a huge way, still think American Idol can help an artist more (not in all cases though *cough* Maddie Poppe *cough*)

Also, looks like their recording company or something have its problems 😂

I think the voice should just be like WOD and AGT and just let the prize be a cash prize instead of a contract.