The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

1 minute ago, jus.vshn said:

I don’t think Eli would do well or stay long. Seeing he’s a 1 chair turn. But I think Desz will do well because Kelly hasn’t had a singer like her since season 15.

Tamara or Desz? I personally like both because Tamara is more of a fire powerhouse ("screamer"), and Desz is a super good vocalist (like Toneisha, she can belt if she wants to, but also be really intimate and connecting)

• Like 1
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

1 minute ago, realityshownerd said:

Tamara or Desz? I personally like both because Tamara is more of a fire powerhouse ("screamer"), and Desz is a super good vocalist (like Toneisha, she can belt if she wants to, but also be really intimate and connecting)

I think Both will do well. Seeing that Kelly hasn’t had one in years Desz s probably a lick for lives because as u say she is like Toneisha. She can go all out when she wants to and she can be intimate and versatile. 

and Tamara will do well because John favors his four chair turns and John has never had a powerhouse on his team.

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I don’t think Eli would do well or stay long. Seeing he’s a 1 chair turn. But I think Desz will do well because Kelly hasn’t had a singer like her since season 15.

Kelly's gotten one-chair turns to do well on the show, so I don't think chair turns will be a holdback per se; if anything, the fact he sings in Spanish may be the biggest hurdle for Eli since we haven't had a bilingual singer make it past the first round of lives at any point in the show's history that I can think of. 

Desz is probably going to resonate better with the casual audience because she won't be seen as primarily a screamer, but Tamara being a vocal firecracker may make her more interesting to those who prefer that style of voice. Tamara being on John's team worries me slightly because she's his guinea pig for the powerhouse lane, but the fact he tries to get his four-chair turns to last as long as possible should help her.

• Like 1
Just now, antikid said:

I doubt both powerhouses will make the semifinals. I can definitely see Tamara having to depend on John's save in the playoffs since he apparently has at least two people who pander more to the core audience

Then again, we don't know how battles and/or KOs will play out.

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

They might keep doing it. I don’t care for it, but the show is about the coaches, and they want all of them represented. Looking at this season, it’s probably the only way to keep Blake from getting two voted through. 

There does seem to be a lot of talent. The pandemic may have something to do with it. For example, under normal conditions, I doubt Taryn would be there, considering she performs 270 shows per year. That’s a lot of income lost. Other than small gatherings, there isn’t much going on anywhere. Might as well try out for The Voice. 

I think Blake probably gets two regardless, this just makes sure that Gwen/Kelly/John don’t get shut out (and Blake doesn’t get three)

5 minutes ago, antikid said:

I doubt both powerhouses will make the semifinals. I can definitely see Tamara having to depend on John's save in the playoffs since he apparently has at least two people who pander more to the core audience

Lol um where have you been for the last 3 seasons?🤣 they all make it to the semi finals by VOTE. Toneisha would’ve made it to the semifinals even if Blake hadn’t chosen her and if the format was normal. Rose made it to semi finals without any help.

29 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Am I the only one scared of Taryn? She's a big threat and i don't think i want Blake/another country person winning again, just my opinion

Blake has at least two potential winners. Jim is a threat too, IMO. 

The only thing that gives me pause about Taryn’s chances of winning is that minivan doesn’t usually support 30 year old females. I don’t know her exact age, but it’s in that ballpark. Alisan was an exception, but she needed lots of help from TPTB. Like I said yesterday, she’s basically a country version of Alisan. I don’t know if there’s ever been a better country vocalist/performer on the show. She is the definition of “ringer,” but it will need to be a flawless run, with great song choices. It’s not going to be a walk in the park like it was for Jake and Todd. She does have the right coach, and is in the right genre. TPTB will have a lot to say about it too. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol um where have you been for the last 3 seasons?🤣 they all make it to the semi finals by VOTE. Toneisha would’ve made it to the semifinals even if Blake hadn’t chosen her and if the format was normal. Rose made it to semi finals without any help.

I meant both Tamara and DesZ, not just one of them

• Like 1
Just now, TeamAudra said:

Blake has at least two potential winners. Jim is a threat too, IMO. 

The only thing that gives me pause about Taryn’s chances of winning is that minivan doesn’t usually support 30 year old females. I don’t know her age, but it’s in that ballpark. Alisan was an exception, but she needed lots of help from TPTB. Like I said yesterday, she’s basically a country version of Alisan. I don’t know if there’s ever been a better country vocalist/performer on the show. She is the definition of “ringer,” but it will need to be a flawless run, with great song choices. It’s not going to be a walk in the park like it was for Jake and Todd. She does have the right coach, and is in the right genre. TPTB will have a lot to say about it too. 

Blake also was familiar with her before the show (given some stuff you've posted on her fan thread and on here) so as long as she has good songs she should be good to go to make the lives, and barring any major issues there I can see her being the coach save if she doesn't get the public vote. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, antikid said:

I meant both Tamara and DesZ, not just one of them

I personally would only want one of them to make it to the semi-finals. I feel like we’ve already seen them on the show. They don’t scream new and exiting to me... 😕

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I would only want one of them to make it to the semi-finals. I feel like we’ve already seen them on the show. They don’t scream new and exiting to me... 😕

lol when Kim Cruse comes on maybe season 20

• Haha 2
18 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I personally would only want one of them to make it to the semi-finals. I feel like we’ve already seen them on the show. They don’t scream new and exiting to me... 😕

Yeah but they are still different from each other, even their audition songs shows, DeSz seems to be more of a restrained powerhouse, she sang Un-Break My Heart and turned four chairs, so she gotta be good with the low notes, Tamara seems to be more of a belting powerhouse like Kyla and Kymberli

Edited by moonlighty
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Yeah but they are still different from each other, even their audition songs shows, DeSz seems to be more of a restrained powerhouse, she sang Un-Break My Heart and turned four chairs, so she gotta be good with the low notes, Tamara seems to be more of a belting powerhouse like Kyla and Kymberli

I understand that they are different from each other, but I would prefer someone who is a little more unique to get in over one of them. 😕 It’ll be interesting to see who I prefer once their performances air. 🤔

• Like 1

Some of the sources commented on a couple of the auditions, so I'll just briefly compile some of their notes here:

-Lauren Frihauf is the "I can't believe you're only 16!" contestant so far

-I don't know what to make of it but "After what seemed like the longest blind audition ever, [Marisa Corvo] chose Kelly".

-Kelly says Tamara Jade could be in the finale

-Blake didn't know "Cruisin'" by Smokey Robinson (during Rio Souma's audition) and the coaches lectured him for not knowing.

-Skylar Mayton's version of Blinding Lights was a stripped down version of the song that Kelly liked, but the source thought she was pitchy

-They gave DeSz "A LOT" of praise for nailing Un-Break My Heart

-James Mace botched the big notes in The Show Must Go On, hence the no chair turns.

-The producers apparently mentioned to the audience that in John Holiday's preferences form (which I guess the contestants fill out?), his top choice for a coach was Kelly - meaning John used his block really wisely.

-For his pitch to Joseph Soul, Blake apparently had banners made listing all of his wins - but the coaches called him out for not having the winning contestants' names on the banners and just his. He still won with the pitch though.

-The audience's audio apparently cut out during most of Van Andrew's audition, but it seems he got nervous and messed up part of the ending

-Kelly advised Julia Cooper not to pick John because she was very similar to Cami Clune (From the same taping), but she went with him anyways

-TL;DR - Lain Roy's song made Kelly super emotional, she couldn't comment, left the stage after everything was done.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

-Kelly advised Julia Cooper not to pick John because she was very similar to Cami Clune (From the same taping), but she went with him anyways

Kelly’s advice is probably right. If John puts Julia and Cami together, I will just be praying that Cami is chosen to move on! 🙏

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

-Kelly says Tamara Jade could be in the finale

lololol this remained me of Toneishas blind audition comments. But if they are saying this now. Then her audition must’ve been amazing

5 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

-They gave DeSz "A LOT" of praise for nailing Un-Break My Heart

Oh wow ughh October can’t come faster.

2 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Right! But I love Julia I really do 

2 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

I love them both but same

I personally prefer Cami so I’d be rooting for her to move on, but it would be a loss to see either one go... 😕

Edited by Bk1234
5 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

-For his pitch to Joseph Soul, Blake apparently had banners made listing all of his wins - but the coaches called him out for not having the winning contestants' names on the banners and just his. He still won with the pitch though.

I sincerely hope this ends up in the season preview clip for promo - and at last we have answer for what Blake was up to during quarantine 🤣