The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

37 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Adam got only one- and two-chair-turns in season fourteen.  Since he wasn't a nice person, anyway, it was glorious to see.

Gwen, however, is probably the nicest of the nice, and it's disappointing to see these artists discounting her as a coach season after season.  It's like they've already totally forgotten the very good job she did with her team in season seventeen.

The voice contestants are really country/r&b/pop heavy. Usually we get a sort of quirkier Indy-pop singer on a Gwen season, or some rock contestants. But I haven't seen any in the current list. Could be wrong. 

Also the number of chair turns a contestant gets is often impacted by a number of things outside of contestants actual ability, and therefore probably shouldn't be used quite as heavily as we use it.  

• Like 3
  • Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see that Minivan has found Idolforums!

I, wow, the number of people on here arguing that the reason in 19 seasons of the voice we have not had a single Black female winner (that had darker skin - this is known as colorism) is because none

what are you on about lmao

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol what in the-

I’m surprised to be honest, but I guess both shows are on NBC. I wish she would judge/mentor on American Idol again... 😕

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 3

Is seems like the only male country singers are Ben Allen (Team Blake) and Tanner Gomes (Team Kelly). Hopefully, Taryn can make quick work of them. Tanner especially seems like fodder. Hard to say with Ben. He’s on Blake’s team which automatically makes him dangerous. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

As I’ve scrolled through these threads I’ve noticed that my favorites aren’t too popular around her, except maybe one. Anyway, here they are... 😁

Cami Clune- I am OBSESSED with her voice! :wub: It has such an airy quality to it that I just love! 😍 

Kelsie Watts- I don’t remember her from American Idol Season 15 at all, but this time around, I’m interested! 😅 I really love the tone of her voice. It’s so calming! 😍

Lain Roy- I love the cry in his voice! 😁 It allows him to create a unique, emotional experience with his covers. 😍

Taryn Papa- She really reminds me of Grace Leer from AI S18. She has that spectacular country twang, paired with big pipes. :wub: I love her cover of Three. ❤️ I think out of all my favorites she has the best chance of winning!

Honorable Mention: Thomas Stringfellow- I am praying he got at least one chair turn! 🤞🙏 

Edited by Bk1234
3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

As I’ve scrolled through these threads I’ve noticed that my favorites aren’t too popular around her, except maybe one. Anyway, here they are... 😁

Cami Clune- I am OBSESSED with her voice! :wub: It has such an airy quality to it that I just love! 😍 

Kelsie Watts- I don’t remember her from American Idol Season 15 at all, but this time around, I’m interested! 😅 I really love the tone of her voice. It’s so calming! 😍

Lain Roy- I love the cry in his voice! 😁 It allows him to create a unique, emotional experience with his covers. 😍

Taryn Papa- She really reminds me of Grace Leer from AI S18. She has that spectacular country twang, paired with big pipes. :wub: I love her cover of Three. ❤️ I think out of all my favorites she has the best chance of winning!

Honorable Mention: Thomas Stringfellow- I am praying he got at least one chair turn! 🤞🙏 

I love Cami too. Her voice is just so lovely like you said. I hope she does well.

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Is seems like the only male country singers are Ben Allen (Team Blake) and Tanner Gomes (Team Kelly). Hopefully, Taryn can make quick work of them. Tanner especially seems like fodder. Hard to say with Ben. He’s on Blake’s team which automatically makes him dangerous. 

Tbh given recent trends with winners and Taryn being a sentimental favorite, I can see Blake picking her over Ben in the event of a Taryn v. Ben battle/KO since if country makes it producers will probably push for a female country artist since the last time we had one in the live shows was Chevel. Ben is a threat because of being a male country artist on Team Blake, but we've seen Blake's sentimental side sometimes overpower the strategic one (Selkii getting saved after her cross-battle, for example).  Not that I'm saying Taryn isn't a strategic pick, just that Blake is human and that the prior connection should help her in the pre-taped rounds barring a massive f*ck up.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Tbh given recent trends with winners and Taryn being a sentimental favorite, I can see Blake picking her over Ben in the event of a Taryn v. Ben battle/KO since if country makes it producers will probably push for a female country artist since the last time we had one in the live shows was Chevel. Ben is a threat because of being a male country artist on Team Blake, but we've seen Blake's sentimental side sometimes overpower the strategic one (Selkii getting saved after her cross-battle, for example).  Not that I'm saying Taryn isn't a strategic pick, just that Blake is human and that the prior connection should help her in the pre-taped rounds barring a massive f*ck up.  

There’s also Jim. I didn’t think he was country, but I see he sang a country song for his audition. He’s probably better than Ben. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

There’s also Jim. I didn’t think he was country, but I see he sang a country song for his audition. He’s probably better than Ben. 

Jim's a potential threat, but having dabbled in CCM and country reminds me a lot of Todd T. which may actually hurt him slightly given Todd's the most recent winner (unlikely to hurt him but it's plausible). However, Blake will at least try to turn him more clearly country and the country lane getting overcrowded doesn't hurt contestants as much as lane-crowding does in a different genre.

15 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Jim's a potential threat, but having dabbled in CCM and country reminds me a lot of Todd T. which may actually hurt him slightly given Todd's the most recent winner (unlikely to hurt him but it's plausible). However, Blake will at least try to turn him more clearly country and the country lane getting overcrowded doesn't hurt contestants as much as lane-crowding does in a different genre.

Jim doesn’t have the advantage of being from Alabama 

Edited by TeamAudra
1 minute ago, thevoicefan12 said:

Supposed to be next month so sometime in September.

So they’ll be using the remainder of the month to edit the blind auditions? Do coach interviews promo shoots, and battle preparation?

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Jim doesn’t have the advantage of being from Alabama 

Todd's from Mississippi.

I definitely can't deny the home state advantage, but at the end of the day, whoever Blake takes a shine to would get a huge boost.

6 minutes ago, mjdolorico said:

Todd's from Mississippi.

I definitely can't deny the home state advantage, but at the end of the day, whoever Blake takes a shine to would get a huge boost.

My bad. Gyth is the one from Alabama. Same advantage, though!

55 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I like Cami too.

• Like 2

Cami can clearly sing and I have a hunch she's gonna be the alternative girl of the season. I don't think she picked the right coach, but hopefully, her talent will overcome that. 

Add me as well! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hmm seems like people are disappointed with the Team Gwen outcome because it was only two chairs...but theres alot of potential and I think she found unique voices which during the taping she said she was aiming for this season. 

Lauren Frihauf is gonna be Gwens 16 year rocker girl 

Liam St John has potential too....

Edited by katybay
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, katybay said:

Hmm seems like people are disappointed with the Team Gwen outcome because it was only two chairs...but theres alot of potential and I think she found unique voices which during the taping she said she was aiming for this season. 

Yep Liam and Lauren are her front runners 

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Jim is very much a threat.  Attended the taping, his audition was REALLY good.  So yeah he's def Todd vibes but theres also such a soulful uniqueness to his which I loved.  I think people are gonna really like him, but hopefully Blake doesn't stick him with boring country songs.  Seemed like he wasn't going too much down that lane. 

Edited by katybay
9 minutes ago, katybay said:

Lauren doesn't have a lot of high quality singing videos to judge her from, and the best ones we've got are not in line with the genre she's choosing to show on her blind. But she is clearly Gwenbait, and I can easily see Lauren being Gwen's favorite. I just hope she sounds great on TV.