The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I´m noticing lots of three chair turns this season, and Kelly seems to be more particularly picky of her turns.

Seems she was pickier because she filled up her team so fast. I think she had 6 spots filled up by just the end of the 3rd taping?

7 hours ago, katybay said:

She said she regretted not turning... 

her team was filling up 

That's no excuse.  Especially considering . . .

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Then she proceeded to add Tanner Gomes to her team in the next taping. LOL 

Right.  This.  Who cares if the teams are filling up?  Just turn your chair if you hear what you like! That's always been the rule!

7 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I´m noticing lots of three chair turns this season, and Kelly seems to be more particularly picky of her turns.

Kelly has always been picky.  Always.  She, John, and Nick are the three pickiest coaches I've ever seen.  I much prefer Blake and Gwen's more general approach to turning for artists to Kelly, John, and Nick's more specific approach.

Edited by Rodney
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, katybay said:

Jim is very much a threat.  Attended the taping, his audition was REALLY good.  So yeah he's def Todd vibes but theres also such a soulful uniqueness to his which I loved.  I think people are gonna really like him, but hopefully Blake doesn't stick him with boring country songs.  Seemed like he wasn't going too much down that lane. 

Good to know - tbh surprised Kelly didn't turn for him even if her team was filling up, but we'll have to see what direction Blake takes him. Did anyone else from that taping seem interesting?

STANDOUTS FROM EACH TEAM:

Gwen: Liam St John, Lauren

Blake: Taryn, Jim, Worth the Wait

Kelly + John: I like every single artist. The winner is from one of these 2 teams, I am sure of it!!!

I just noticed that there seems to barely be any four chair turns, and John and even KELLY (she turns probably the most) are really picky this season! 

I cannot believe there are 2 blocks this season...and honestly Kelly and Gwen both wasted theirs.

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

That's no excuse.  Especially considering . . .

Right.  This.  Who cares if the teams are filling up?  Just turn your chair if you hear what you like! That's always been the rule!

Kelly has always been picky.  Always.  See, John, and Nick are the three pickiest coaches I've ever seen.  I much prefer Blake and Gwen's more general approach to turning for artists to Kelly, John, and Nick's more specific approach.

John is the pickiest, with Miley + Alicia being a close second. Nick turned for most of the semifinalists, missing out on Megan Danielle and CammWess. I notice that Kelly usually always turns first, and doesn't need confirmation from any other coach like Gwen and sometimes Blake. Blake probably got a lot of fodder on the 6th taping...because his team is already filled.

18 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

I cannot believe there are 2 blocks this season...and honestly Kelly and Gwen both wasted theirs.

I'm sorry but is it? I think Gwen and Kelly used their block again bc the coach that they blocked did not turn? Or are there really 2 blocks?

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I'm sorry but is it? I think Gwen and Kelly used their block again bc the coach that they blocked did not turn? Or are there really 2 blocks?

Oh lol. Well, there goes ANOTHER wasted block for Kelly....

22 minutes ago, realityshownerd said:

It's still just one block. just Kelly and Gwen's first blocks (Madeline, Tori) weren't counted because Blake didn't turn either time.

I wouldn't say Kelly is picky that much. I sense that sometimes she overthinks and doesn't turn even if she'd be a good match for the contestant. She cares more about potenial for either success on the show or in the current music industry opposed to John who is all about pitch and technicalities

• Like 1

4 hours ago, antikid said:

I wouldn't say Kelly is picky that much. I sense that sometimes she overthinks and doesn't turn even if she'd be a good match for the contestant. She cares more about potenial for either success on the show or in the current music industry opposed to John who is all about pitch and technicalities

For season fourteen, I would perhaps say that she overthought things a lot in the Blinds.  There were times I could see it on her face that she was getting way too much in her own head, and that caused her to miss out on artists who would've been perfect for her.  Kind of continued on in season fifteen, too.  But seasons sixteen and on?  Yeah, she seemed calmer then, and I'd definitely say that she got picky then, not overthought things.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, echoap said:

Cami can clearly sing and I have a hunch she's gonna be the alternative girl of the season. I don't think she picked the right coach, but hopefully, her talent will overcome that. 

Add me as well! :thumbs:

Looks like it might have to be you that starts it!

Cami's voice is stunning...she's gonna have to overcome the curse of the indie girl tho.  I have tempered my expectations.

• Like 2

Seems like there is a lot of talent this season, and a decent number of artists I’m interested in, that often doesn’t translate to the lives though. 

John’s team is strong, but the other coaches teams also have a *lot* of talent, and since Blake is Blake, you have to figure a couple will be in the final. Taryn is really good.

43 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Looks like it might have to be you that starts it!

Cami's voice is stunning...she's gonna have to overcome the curse of the indie girl tho.  I have tempered my expectations.

Yeah, there's a bunch of fan threads already and she doesn't have one! IDF makes me sick sometimes! 🤢     😂jk

I wasn't planning on making fan threads this season but yeah, why not. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Also (and I should probably put this in the unpop thread) I liked last seasons finale format with one person per coach + fan vote. I think it led to more finale contestant diversity. 

They might keep doing it. I don’t care for it, but the show is about the coaches, and they want all of them represented. Looking at this season, it’s probably the only way to keep Blake from getting two voted through. 

There does seem to be a lot of talent. The pandemic may have something to do with it. For example, under normal conditions, I doubt Taryn would be there, considering she performs 270 shows per year. That’s a lot of income lost. Other than small gatherings, there isn’t much going on anywhere. Might as well try out for The Voice. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I've never seen so many fan threads made before a season started. Y'all are EXCITED. 

Part of it is probably because a lot of people are looking for stuff to do and get hyped over! 😅 I have one favorite on each team so I’m excited to see which favorites will come out on top! (I’m also praying Thomas Stringfellow got a chair turn... 🤞)

Edited by Bk1234