idolforums.com
Someone648

The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

What’s the chance of us getting spoilers in June if the Blinds go as planned. I just read an article saying that restrictions have started to be lifted and eased 

17 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

What’s the chance of us getting spoilers in June if the Blinds go as planned? I just read an article saying that restrictions have started to be lifted and eased 

Pretty fair, I'd say.  It'll depend on if the Blinds are held publicly again, and if someone who goes can get the goods without detection amidst the many precautions that will probably be taken.

Do we know who the coaches are going to be? Kelly and Blake I'm pretty sure, John too, and Nick? Maybe we'll have the same one for another season.

39 minutes ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

Do we know who the coaches are going to be? Kelly and Blake I'm pretty sure, John too, and Nick? Maybe we'll have the same one for another season.

They usually announce the coaches when they are officially Renewed. Tomorrow is the day NBC is scheduled to announce the Fall Tv lineup and renewals

• Like 2

Ooooh we have a S19 thread now 👀

The thing is, will blinds even happen on schedule? Because normally, fall auditions are taped at the end of June, and I don't think enough places will be safe enough for traveling purposes.

1 hour ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the panel stays the same as S18.

Time flies so fast, new spoiler thread already 

I am hoping for a new coach to replace nick/john, but then we'll get another new coach pimping :no:

• Haha 1

I'm predicting blinds will occur a bit behind schedule (July?) with no audience. If that's correct, that'd probably mean no spoilers for blinds.

I could see them taping around July, keeping the artists in LA straight after blinds, do the battles like 2 weeks later, and then KO's 2 weeks after that in order to prevent the artists from "potentially" spreading anything back to their home states.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

FYI the open call linked in the OP is for season 20!, I think season 19 contestants auditioned the normal way back in the winter. 

Very interested in what happens with season 19. If they don't post for an audience, will we even know the blinds dates? 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 1

At this point I'm more excited for the fall seasons considering that we get the whole product instead of shortened live shows.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

Kelly's the only guarantee, I think.  John seems to enjoy the show, too, so I think he's a guarantee, too.  I don't think even that Blake's as much of a given anymore with Adam gone.  He's seemed more and more checked out with his buddy gone, as though he's only staying till his latest contract cycle runs out.

As for Nick, it'll depend on whether he wants the job full-time or just wants to be a rotating or fill-in coach like Gwen and Alicia have essentially opted to become.

11 hours ago, Misirlou said:

At this point I'm more excited for the fall seasons considering that we get the whole product instead of shortened live shows.

In addition to that, I wonder if we'll keep the ten-person teams or return to twelve-person teams?

Time really flies fast 🙁. It's time for another season again, time for new snowflakes to have lol. Anyways, I do hope for the season 19 to have a new coach, not that new though, I want the old female coaches coming back (especially Alicia 💞). Hoping for new twists too, but not the bad ones (ex: the dreadful Crossbattles, cutting the team members to 10, etc.) I hope for the twists that will add an excitement factor, because honestly it's getting boring for some.

Blake, Alicia, Kelly and Nick/more rock leaning coach would be great! Doubt John is going anywhere so the soulful coach slot won't be open and also doubt Alicia would come back We can hope though

We should be getting new on this today! NBC is hosting Virtual Upfronts 

2 hours ago, antikid said:

Blake, Alicia, Kelly and Nick/more rock leaning coach would be great! Doubt John is going anywhere so the soulful coach slot won't be open and also doubt Alicia would come back We can hope though

I think Kelly Rowland might be a possible replacement for John. She has been a coach in The Voice Australia and she could make the jump to TVUS, similar to JHud.

The only issue is having 2 Kellys, but they can make some TV with that i guess.

18 hours ago, CufaFanvoice26 said:

Nothing on the Wikipedia page yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the current panel given everything going on in the world right now.

If we replace someone: Kelly's going nowhere, Blake's more likely to leave (especially if his contract runs out and he doesn't win this go-around because he hasn't won since Chloe) but they'll try to entice him to stay since he draws in a large portion of the country/casual vote, John might leave but it's doubtful since he does seem to genuinely enjoy doing the show even if his team flopped this season , and Nick could go either way depending on the demands of his band vs. filming schedules (though I actually enjoyed watching him and the rest of the coaches interacting in the pre-taped shows and his team this year all speaks highly of him in interviews).

If they do replace someone: I don't know who in country they could pull that has the same combo of popularity + quick wit as Blake, and if they rotate out Nick I could see them getting Gwen again (similar-ish genre and has good chemistry with the other coaches, plus as much as she flops in the lives she does have a knack for connecting with artists on a person-to-person level in the blinds).

side thought: what if the real reason they've tied Kane Brown so much to the show is because they want to entice him to replace Blake someday?

Adam and Blake's contract was to the end of season 18. if Blake returns, this would be the first time renewing his contract without Adam. 

Per Hollywood Reporter, NBC isn't doing an upfronts presentation today, just a video call on advertising. 

The company has not yet scheduled an upfront presentation, but on May 11 — the day of its originally scheduled upfront — NBCU will stream an hourlong "state of the marketplace" conversation and question-and-answer session via video conference. It will offer updates on the company's One Platform initiative for selling ad inventory across platforms and "unveil new offerings." Sources stressed that the presentation isn't meant to take the place of an upfront, which may take place at a later date.

8 hours ago, Rodney said:

Kelly's the only guarantee, I think.  John seems to enjoy the show, too, so I think he's a guarantee, too.  I don't think even that Blake's as much of a given anymore with Adam gone.  He's seemed more and more checked out with his buddy gone, as though he's only staying till his latest contract cycle runs out.

As for Nick, it'll depend on whether he wants the job full-time or just wants to be a rotating or fill-in coach like Gwen and Alicia have essentially opted to become.

If Blake leaves they may as well just cancel the show.  I don't think the numbers for a Blake-less show would look good.

4 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

If Blake leaves they may as well just cancel the show.  I don't think the numbers for a Blake-less show would look good.

at least we can have an amazing farewell season. I rather have 1 spectacular season than 10 more seasons of trying to get a unique artist a win against generic country.

Posted (edited)

Kelly just put her house on the market, are we sure she's still in?  Doesn't Brandon's kids still live in Florida?

Edited by LilBrooklyn18
  • Haha 1

Just now, LilBrooklyn18 said:

Kelly just put her house on the market, are we sure she's still in?

Wait seriously? lol wtf I-

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

at least we can have an amazing farewell season. I rather have 1 spectacular season than 10 more seasons of trying to get a unique artist a win against generic country.

With Kelly still around, your amazing farewell season will have another Jake Hoot as a winner. Congrats :shiftywave:

Edited by Archanium
  • Haha 1