The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

8 minutes ago, antikid said:

I meant both Tamara and DesZ, not just one of them

I personally would only want one of them to make it to the semi-finals. I feel like we’ve already seen them on the show. They don’t scream new and exiting to me... 😕

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Yeah but they are still different from each other, even their audition songs shows, DeSz seems to be more of a restrained powerhouse, she sang Un-Break My Heart and turned four chairs, so she gotta be good with the low notes, Tamara seems to be more of a belting powerhouse like Kyla and Kymberli

I understand that they are different from each other, but I would prefer someone who is a little more unique to get in over one of them. 😕 It’ll be interesting to see who I prefer once their performances air. 🤔

• Like 1

Some of the sources commented on a couple of the auditions, so I'll just briefly compile some of their notes here:

-Lauren Frihauf is the "I can't believe you're only 16!" contestant so far

-I don't know what to make of it but "After what seemed like the longest blind audition ever, [Marisa Corvo] chose Kelly".

-Kelly says Tamara Jade could be in the finale

-Blake didn't know "Cruisin'" by Smokey Robinson (during Rio Souma's audition) and the coaches lectured him for not knowing.

-Skylar Mayton's version of Blinding Lights was a stripped down version of the song that Kelly liked, but the source thought she was pitchy

-They gave DeSz "A LOT" of praise for nailing Un-Break My Heart

-James Mace botched the big notes in The Show Must Go On, hence the no chair turns.

-The producers apparently mentioned to the audience that in John Holiday's preferences form (which I guess the contestants fill out?), his top choice for a coach was Kelly - meaning John used his block really wisely.

-For his pitch to Joseph Soul, Blake apparently had banners made listing all of his wins - but the coaches called him out for not having the winning contestants' names on the banners and just his. He still won with the pitch though.

-The audience's audio apparently cut out during most of Van Andrew's audition, but it seems he got nervous and messed up part of the ending

-Kelly advised Julia Cooper not to pick John because she was very similar to Cami Clune (From the same taping), but she went with him anyways

-TL;DR - Lain Roy's song made Kelly super emotional, she couldn't comment, left the stage after everything was done.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

-Kelly advised Julia Cooper not to pick John because she was very similar to Cami Clune (From the same taping), but she went with him anyways

Kelly’s advice is probably right. If John puts Julia and Cami together, I will just be praying that Cami is chosen to move on! 🙏

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

-Kelly says Tamara Jade could be in the finale

lololol this remained me of Toneishas blind audition comments. But if they are saying this now. Then her audition must’ve been amazing

5 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

-They gave DeSz "A LOT" of praise for nailing Un-Break My Heart

Oh wow ughh October can’t come faster.

2 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Right! But I love Julia I really do 

2 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

I love them both but same

I personally prefer Cami so I’d be rooting for her to move on, but it would be a loss to see either one go... 😕

Edited by Bk1234

5 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

-For his pitch to Joseph Soul, Blake apparently had banners made listing all of his wins - but the coaches called him out for not having the winning contestants' names on the banners and just his. He still won with the pitch though.

I sincerely hope this ends up in the season preview clip for promo - and at last we have answer for what Blake was up to during quarantine 🤣

Also Kelly has a jacket and mask for her contestants on a rack, Gwen had a long sleeve shirt that she shot out of a t-shirt gun, John has a hand on a stick to shake people's hands with, and Blake has a cardboard cutout for people to hug 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

lololol this remained me of Toneishas blind audition comments. But if they are saying this now. Then her audition must’ve been amazing

Oh wow ughh October can’t come faster.

I can’t wait to be proven wrong about them. (Or maybe I’ll still be uninterested... 😅)

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Also Kelly has a jacket and mask for her contestants on a rack, Gwen had a long sleeve shirt that she shot out of a t-shirt gun, John has a hand on a stick to shake people's hands with, and Blake has a cardboard cutout for people to hug 

Yes! Almost forgot to mention this! Apparently it's called "Kelly's Closet" and it's waiting just offstage as the contestants walk off.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I hope we get to see the T-shirt gun in action.

• Like 1

Did the coaches were masks in their chairs, including when they were making their pitches to the contestants? I’m not sure whether the chairs are 6 feet apart. If they are it isn’t much more than that. I suppose they could put a shield in between them, but that would be a little weird. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Did the coaches were masks in their chairs, including when they were making their pitches to the contestants? I’m not sure whether the chairs are 6 feet apart. If they are it isn’t much more than that. I suppose they could put a shield in between them, but that would be a little weird. 

I don’t think they wore masks 

oh and does the set look/feel different?

Edited by jus.vshn

37 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Who do you think will be the first leaked audition?

• Shock factor auditions tend to get leaked - ie, Kim Cherry being a dorky-looking white chick rapping or Kennedy dropping the "BTW I'm 13" factoid
  • Blocks tend to be popular leaks, especially Kelly-related blocks because of her reactions - Katie Kadan fits this, but Nelson was also a leak and a block; notably, both were also Team Legend

Based on these two, John Holiday seems like the best fit (shockingly high voice for a guy, Kelly got blocked, and he picked John), though I could see Taryn, Cami, or one of the powerhouses getting leaked. 

• Like 2

I’ll go out on a limb and predict a 4th straight season with no teen (under 18) in the finale. There’s just too much country, soul, and R&B/Diva power to overcome. If a teen capable of competing with that is confirmed later, perhaps I’ll change my mind, but right now, I don’t see it. 

EDIT: Or, if they do one finalist per coach.....maybe. It’s still a tall order. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 hours ago, moonlighty said:

Am I the only one scared of Taryn? She's a big threat and i don't think i want Blake/another country person winning again, just my opinion

Meh, Taryn is runner-up fodder at best 😂

Seriously, a female country singer is a really good way to prevent Blake from winning. If Blake chooses her as his frontrunner, I'm gonna sleep like a baby 😊zZz

Edited by echoap
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ll go out on a limb and predict a 4th straight season with no teen (under 18) in the finale. There’s just too much country, soul, and R&B/Diva power to overcome. If a teen capable of competing with that is confirmed later, perhaps I’ll change my mind, but right now, I don’t see it. 

EDIT: Or, if they do one finalist per coach.....maybe. 

How old is Cami Clune and Julia Cooper?

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

How old is Cami Clune and Julia Cooper?

I don’t know, but they have zero chance, unless they slip in the through the back door (ex. one finalist per coach). 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t know, but they have zero chance, unless they slip in the through the back door (ex. one finalist per coach). 

So who do you think the front runner on Johns team is? Lol I thought it was Cami Tamara and John🤣

Edited by jus.vshn