The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

7 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

also, here's my unpopular opinion (spoilers edition): if tamara continues delivering messy, not-cohesive performances, then i might prefer a john + chloe/bailey top 2.

This. Tamara's KO is her best, but she STILL hasn't wowed me. Every other diva like her in the past few seasons had at least one taped performance that wowed me, but she just doesn't do much for me. I definitely think Chloe's KO has the potential to be way better than Tamara's because she didn't exactly set the bar all that high.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i know!! i'm so sad to see marisa, keslie, and lauren all going home. 

also, here's my unpopular opinion (spoilers edition): if tamara continues delivering messy, not-cohesive performances, then i might prefer a john + chloe/bailey top 2.

I'm pretty sure your opinion about Tamara isn't unpopular, you guys have made it clear every time she has performed that she is not liked here. It's like, everyone had really high expectations about her because of the spoilers and she simply hasn't lived it up. It's not her blame that a lot of you have such high standards, though. She is just doing her thing and even with all the criticism, it's clear she is doing something right because she is on the live shows. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 7

No one has opened the WTW can of worms yet...so I will proceed.

Both WTW and Ben sounded great and IMO WTW were the winners. However, can someone tell me when The Voice became The Voices??? How can 3 times the number of talented voices not sound better than one voice and of course be able to do intricate harmonies???

If WTW is truly allowed to reach the Finals then the general Voice public should demand that Barbershop Quartets be allowed, larger choirs, quintets, etc. etc. etc. Where does this stop???

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, guyhelios said:

No one has opened the WTW can of worms yet...so I will proceed.

Both WTW and Ben sounded great and IMO WTW were the winners. However, can someone tell me when The Voice became The Voices??? How can 3 times the number of talented voices not sound better than one voice and of course be able to do intricate harmonies???

If WTW is truly allowed to reach the Finals then the general Voice public should demand that Barbershop Quartets be allowed, larger choirs, quintets, etc. etc. etc. Where does this stop???

duos and trios are allowed in the rules, so i don't see an issue. also, feel free to demand what you want but im confident that a quartet will not make it far in show

5 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

duos and trios are allowed in the rules, so i don't see an issue. also, feel free to demand what you want but im confident that a quartet will not make it far in show

Thanks for the information. I obviously did not know that duos and trios were allowed. Not to be argumentative, but what is the difference between having three singers and allowing four, five or even more voices?

20 minutes ago, guyhelios said:

Thanks for the information. I obviously did not know that duos and trios were allowed. Not to be argumentative, but what is the difference between having three singers and allowing four, five or even more voices?

Duos have been allowed since the first season, but this is only the second time we've had a trio (S16 was the first). I'm not sure on their logic for that rule change to allow trios, if I'm honest.

23 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

There were no steal percentages tonight. The only app result were the polls with the question, "Do you agree with John's (Gwen's, Blake's) decision?". 

Which is asked after the audience hears the coaches´feedback of the performance, so I wouldn´t really trust any results there.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, guyhelios said:

what matters is that people will be far less likely to vote for them. 2 voices? reasonable. 3 voices? pushing it. 4 or more? that's way too much, people already complain enough about 2-3. perhaps im wrong about that, it's just my understanding of the situation.

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

Duos have been allowed since the first season, but this is only the second time we've had a trio (S16 was the first). I'm not sure on their logic for that rule change to allow trios, if I'm honest.

Copycat logic. A trio won the Voice of Holland (the original Voice) and was quite successful IRL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Copycat logic. A trio won the Voice of Holland (the original Voice) and was quite successful IRL.

Furthermore, in the past few seasons The Voice of Holland has allowed full on bands.

Here we have a band vs. band battle:

• Like 1

Tamara's performance is incredible  and is the best of the night, but i would like to listen to it in a different register than on a song that makes you dance, like Jhud with One Night Only, a song with emotion and power

Edited by French20
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I'm pretty sure your opinion about Tamara isn't unpopular, you guys have made it clear every time she has performed that she is not liked here. It's like, everyone had really high expectations about her because of the spoilers and she simply hasn't lived it up. It's not her blame that a lot of you have such high standards, though. She is just doing her thing and even with all the criticism, it's clear she is doing something right because she is on the live shows. 

Yeah she's cool. I like her. She gives you an entertaining performance every time she gets on stage, but people have a habit of setting high expectations for the African American (AA) "divas" or whatever. The same thing was said about Toneisha last season (because Toneisha wasn't hitting the highest notes or whatever, she was seen as inferior to the likes of Kyla, Rose etc.). Nothing in Tamara's audition gave me the impression that she was some big vocal powerhouse, but she does her thing and has fun. It's like people saw her and expected Kyla or Rose or Kymberli's vocal range or high notes, but she doesn't have that vocal range and that's okay. Not every AA "diva" is at that level and they don't have to be. They aren't a monolith. Comparisons like that are unfair to contestants and are driven by implicit biases IMO.

It's like comparing Cami to Maelyn and being like "sorry Cami isn't that good." Funny enough, comparisons between these kind of contestants rarely happen on here. I just try to enjoy contestants in the context of their season and don't let past contestants effect my judgement of their talent. 

I also think people put a lot of pressure on the first "leaks" of the seasons. People did the same thing with Kennedy. Said Kennedy never "lived up to her audition" but I don't even thing she had groundbreaking vocals during her audition. She gave a great performance, but not sure why you would have expected anything more from her. It's like the leaks get punished for being pushed by the producers, expectations are set higher for them, then it becomes "she's not living up to the hype."

I don't expect much from Tamara's run on this show. She gives good performances, but she isn't the type of contestant that this show's core base will be running to vote for in the lives. I think she will rely heavily on casual voters and her fate in the competition will depend on her performances. The good thing for her is that there isn't a lock for PV on John's team so she could get it depending on her performance in the Playoffs. 

Edited by joe14
  • Like 8

Since this is becoming Tamara's topic again. I'll say my opinion of hers once and for all.

For me, I love her swag, her personality, I also love her range. But my main problem about her isn't that I expected her to be Kyla, Kymberli, or something. My main problem is her breath control, she tends to mess up some notes because of her control. I also hate it how she was overly hyped pre-show, saying she might be the next Kymberli or Kyla or something, it did not helped her at all (atleast for me, from what I am seeing). Her notes weren't clean also during the 2nd half of her BA. I just need for John to give her the perfect song choice, just please NOT those songs that Kyla sang, because honey, imma tell you rn, it won't help her at all, they would just compare her to Kyla. And that would be a BIG difference, because Kyla was just flawless (for many, maybe except that Finale performance (just song choice problem though)) during her run on the show.

Tamara IS NO Kyla Jade. Tamara is NO Kymberli Joye. She is what she is. Not my cup of tea, she is just not that.

Now for people saying "Oh Tamara is doing Kyla" "Oh Tamara is like Kymberli". For the love of jesus, please stop. 

This is just MY opinion though. Share some love, expect less, enjoy more (from what I have learned so far)! 😁

14 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Since this is becoming Tamara's topic again. I'll say my opinion of hers once and for all.

For me, I love her swag, her personality, I also love her range. But my main problem about her isn't that I expected her to be Kyla, Kymberli, or something. My main problem is her breath control, she tends to mess up some notes because of her control. I also hate it how she was overly hyped pre-show, saying she might be the next Kymberli or Kyla or something, it did not helped her at all (atleast for me, from what I am seeing). Her notes weren't clean also during the 2nd half of her BA. I just need for John to give her the perfect song choice, just please NOT those songs that Kyla sang, because honey, imma tell you rn, it won't help her at all, they would just compare her to Kyla. And that would be a BIG difference, because Kyla was just flawless (for many, maybe except that Finale performance (just song choice problem though)) during her run on the show.

Tamara IS NO Kyla Jade. Tamara is NO Kymberli Joye. She is what she is. Not my cup of tea, she is just not that.

Now for people saying "Oh Tamara is doing Kyla" "Oh Tamara is like Kymberli". For the love of jesus, please stop. 

This is just MY opinion though. Share some love, expect less, enjoy more (from what I have learned so far)! 😁

Kyla began her performances with songs that make you dance with a power of voice where sometimes she could not control her power, then over the shows, she started to choose songs with emotion and it is there that she understood that her voice when she was controlled and powerful with emotion,

it could change everything if Tamara chose the same path, i don't see how crazy it is to compare her with Kyla

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I also hate it how she was overly hyped pre-show, saying she might be the next Kymberli or Kyla or something, it did not helped her at all (atleast for me, from what I am seeing).

I really don’t think this is a problem in itself. It’s your fault for believing all this hype and setting the expectations so high for Tamara. 🤷‍♂️ The same thing will happen in Season 20 with another contestant, just watch... :giggle: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I also hate it how she was overly hyped pre-show, saying she might be the next Kymberli or Kyla or something, it did not helped her at all (atleast for me, from what I am seeing).

That's my point. Who was saying that lol? Like it's kind of weird to be making such comparisons before even hearing her sing. I don't really do pre-season spoilers. I just come here after the show starts airing. It lets me make appropriate expectations and judge them based on their blind audition. All her performances have been on the same level to me, entertaining but with messy moments. Her vocals are not perfect, but she gives you a well rounded performance each time. Even her blind was not all that perfect for people to be expecting so much from her or declaring her the frontrunner so early so it's like people came with their mind already made up of what they thought she would be, and once she didn't give that, are now having to adjust. People act like she is declining or something when all her performances have been on relatively the same level (her battle was her worse showing but the song and matchup was terrible). Like I'm trying to figure out why people think she should be better than what she is currently if that makes sense lol. 

I don't really think she is building momentum or anything. She is just kind of there. Nothing suggest she is a frontrunner to me. 

Yeah I don't see ballads working for her. I think "fun" songs fit her more.

Edited by joe14
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

It’s your fault for believing all this hype and setting the expectations so high for Tamara

This^ :haha:.

Considering all the pimping she's been getting, I still think she's gonna get the PV on team Legend though. 

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

I really don’t think this is a problem in itself. It’s your fault for believing all this hype and setting the expectations so high for Tamara. 🤷‍♂️ The same thing will happen in Season 20 with another contestant, just watch... :giggle: 

I DID NOT raised my expectations for Tamara. I am just saying this for those who set their expectations that high (which is obvious in some idf users). I mean, look at it, you really cannot refrain SOME  people from having such expectations because of all the comparison (not me though)

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

But my main problem about her isn't that I expected her to be Kyla, Kymberli, or something

Here it is ^^ have a nice day

Edited by anonymouskid_35

The fact is that every time there is a bigger African American singer in this competition everybody instinctually think she’s gonna be a powerhouse (Whitney or Aretha type of voice) and if she doesn’t deliver the way people expect her to sing she’ll be hated when she delivers amazing performances. 
Tamara is amazing the way she is physically and vocally! Keep going Tamara we’re rooting for you ❤️

• Like 7