The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I see both sides, on the one hand 3 voices vs 1 feels unequal. On the other hand in music you buy a ticket, or an album or a song for an act. You could buy an album for little Big Town, or Maddie and Tae, or Chris Stapleton. So in reality we do compare groups to solos regularly. People would riot though if they started having full band performances 😛 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

I DID NOT raised my expectations for Tamara. I am just saying this for those who set their expectations that high (which is obvious in some idf users). I mean, look at it, you really cannot refrain SOME  people from having such expectations because of all the comparison (not me though)

Oh ok, I couldn’t tell by your post. I think I actually benefitted from calling Tamara overrated when the spoilers first came out. 😅 It allowed me to go in with low expectations, so I ended up being impressed by her! 😁

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I see both sides, on the one hand 3 voices vs 1 feels unequal. On the other hand in music you buy a ticket, or an album or a song for an act. You could buy an album for little Big Town, or Maddie and Tae, or Chris Stapleton. So in reality we do compare groups to solos regularly. People would riot though if they started having full band performances 😛 

I’m pretty confident the lead singers of Maddie & Tae and Little Big Town could hold their own as a solo. Not so much, with WTW. Their harmonies are actually pretty good, though. I do think they will get Blake’s PV. I know there’s a lot of opposition to trios, but Blake usually gets what he wants. 

3 hours ago, French20 said:

Kyla began her performances with songs that make you dance with a power of voice where sometimes she could not control her power, then over the shows, she started to choose songs with emotion and it is there that she understood that her voice when she was controlled and powerful with emotion,

it could change everything if Tamara chose the same path, i don't see how crazy it is to compare her with Kyla

Of course she is no Kyla. Kyla is objectively one of the best vocalist to ever come to this show. 

• Like 1

I mean it isn't like groups ever win the show anyway. We are going on 20 seasons and less than like five groups have made a dent on this show. Solo artists still have the advantage by far. 

WTW KO was actually close to flawless. I think they have potentially, especially on team Blake.

• Like 1

My thoughts on WTW's KO: It actually started out really beautifully but the harmonies got less tight as the tempo increased, which is to be expected. Overall, I found it to be their best performance by far considering how mediocre they'd been the past two rounds.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2

Worth the Wait is probably among the best country acts this season. My least favorite performance by them was their audition, but that was decent enough. That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if they bomb in the lives, similar to the Bundys.

• Like 1

Just now, Daillon said:

Worth the Wait is probably among the best country acts this season. My least favorite performance by them was their audition, but that was decent enough. That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if they bomb in the lives, similar to the Bundys.

I actually loved the Buddy’s audition and battle (UNPOP OPINION...but they deserved to win over Mikaela who had a lot of nerves that they auto tuned).

• Like 1

Just now, VoiceFan! said:

I actually loved the Buddy’s audition and battle (UNPOP OPINION...but they deserved to win over Mikaela who had a lot of nerves that they auto tuned).

After hearing the Bundys in their first live performance, I’m not so sure the autotune was for Mikaela. 😉

• Haha 7

41 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

My thoughts on WTW's KO: It actually started out really beautifully but the harmonies got less tight as the tempo increased, which is to be expected. Overall, I found it to be their best performance by far considering how mediocre they'd been the past two rounds.

I don't think WTW were mediocre in their BA and Battle, they were just Decent but I agree their KO performance is their best by far.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Speaking of Mikaela...let’s see how she’s progressing....

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHoqz2gFhIx/?igshid=1ivma9lffdhxi

Pretty solid! When she grows into her 3 octave range, she’s gonna be dangerous. 

She looks so grown up now! What a pretty lady with a gorgeous voice. I still cannot get over how Bundys won over her 😔

• Like 2

for me, i think that tamara's breath control is holding her back. she had issues with it in her ba and in her ko. she's a super fun performer and I LOVE her energy, but i think that is holding her back. it gets to me especially cause i know gwen said she could help tamara with that, but, understandably, John's EGOT and closer musical lane seems more appealing. 

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

But does that eliminate studios all together? Hopefully we still have them so that the contestants can have the experience.

I wonder if it’s a covid thing. You’d have to limit the number of contestants at the studio at the time, sanitize between contestants, deal with producers etc.

Not that it couldn’t be done, just that it would be a lengthier and more expensive process 

• Like 2