The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

8 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Remember when y'all thought the singer/songwriters would fluorish under these at-home circumstances?

Yeah...weird flex when Thunderstorm is the one who was referenced the most in those discussions. I thought Joanna fit that mold, but that’s not what they had her do on the show. If she was doing acoustic performances of good songs, she would have had a little more popularity., but still perhaps not made the finale because of the format. Tough to beat a preacher and his 8 kids, singing tear jerking country songs. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 hours ago, StormZone said:

The team quotas kinda saved Micah tho. I feel like the top 4 would’ve been Todd, Thunderstorm, CammWess, and Toneisha. Idky they’re trying to save him. 😤

Anyways, I’m looking forward to CammWess+John Legend duet the most next week 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Nah, Micah was making it into the top 4 regardless. Thunderstorm, and Todd were obviously the two locks for the finale, with MIcah right behind them. The 4th spot was a toss-up between Cammwess, or Toenisha, and the team quota helped Cammwess.

30 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

Nah, Micah was making it into the top 4 regardless. Thunderstorm, and Todd were obviously the two locks for the finale, with MIcah right behind them. The 4th spot was a toss-up between Cammwess, or Toenisha, and the team quota helped Cammwess.

Lmao were we analyzing the same stats?

Kelly's team was behind everyone else it wasn't even funny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

flexing hulk hogan GIF by WWE

Let them do their thing for now. 

Team Sausage may have won this time, but God knows this is not the last time we'll face them in unequal combat. Better days will come for Team Waffle and the sun will rise again over us! PeriodT. 

:haha:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ptones2010 said:

Yeah, because cute pop males are very popular among the viewers, right? Also, let's not forget the almighty Team Kelly 🤭

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I think Micah was borderline, and probably would have needed the instant save. Every season, we forget that Blake usually gets two voted in. 

Agreed. Under a normal format, the top 3 would have probably been Todd, Thunderstorm and Toneisha. The instant save would have been between CammWess, Micah, and either Joanna or Megan (with my prediction being towards the former)

Edited by MatthewPalermo

And yet next season he will leave the blinds again with the strongest team full lf 4 chair turns because everybody wants him. Hell Allegra and Joanna wanted him as well. (Joanna said she chose Nick because he fought for her, she wanted to be stolen by John later)

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, antikid said:

I guess Kelly's power works only for teen girls under 18 and country artists? Her power is nowhere near as consistent as Blake's.

That’s probably true. Chevel and Jake would have done just fine on Blake’s team. Brynn might have too, but that was a special situation, since it was Kelly’s first season. 

36 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s probably true. Chevel and Jake would have done just fine on Blake’s team. Brynn might have too, but that was a special situation, since it was Kelly’s first season. 

Ah, but Blake didn't even turn for Jake.  So it's hard to really contend that point since he never got on Blake's team at any point in time.

I actually think that Chevel might've been dumped by Blake at one point.  There was still some greenness to her voice, and Blake doesn't usually have the patience for this who obviously sound so inexperienced.  Brynn might've been fine with him, though.

38 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Ah, but Blake didn't even turn for Jake.  So it's hard to really contend that point since he never got on Blake's team at any point in time.

I actually think that Chevel might've been dumped by Blake at one point.  There was still some greenness to her voice, and Blake doesn't usually have the patience for this who obviously sound so inexperienced.  Brynn might've been fine with him, though.

Brynn was way more green than Chevel. I say this as someone who supported both of them. 

25 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Brynn was way more green than Chevel. I say this as someone who supported both of them. 

I would also add Emily Ann Roberts who Blake had no problem getting to the end. 

Some info on Micah's original song from the finale from a relative (mother?)  of one of the writers on Facebook:

Watch “The Voice” finale Monday & hear Micah Iverson sing an original song, “Butterflies”, co-written by Troy Ogletree & Jason Strong!

Troy was invited to submit his work to Songland for this season. Though he didn’t make the final cut for the season 2 shows, he was encouraged by the producers, who liked his work.

The 2 shows, “The Voice” & “Songland”, are having a crossover event with next week’s finale of The Voice. They asked Troy if they could use this song on the finale. Kelly Clarkson is Micah Iverson’s coach & they both loved the song. Shane McAnally, Grammy winner & on-screen producer working with the songwriters on Songland, is working with Micah on the song.

We’re so grateful to God for opening this door for Troy. To Him be the glory!

I'm wondering how the pairings with the songs and writers were done with the contestants since Micah has talked a few times about really admiring Ryan Tedder and they probably would have matched up well. I love Shane's writing though. I suspect some people will complain about The Voice getting Songland's reject songs, but just because the song didn't make the show doesn't necessarily mean it's not as good as the ones that made it, they also need to try to fit them with the guest artists coming on the show and make sure they have a variety of lyrics, tempos, styles, etc.

13 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Some info on Micah's original song from the finale from a relative (mother?)  of one of the writers on Facebook:

I'm wondering how the pairings with the songs and writers were done with the contestants since Micah has talked a few times about really admiring Ryan Tedder and they probably would have matched up well. I love Shane's writing though. I suspect some people will complain about The Voice getting Songland's reject songs, but just because the song didn't make the show doesn't necessarily mean it's not as good as the ones that made it, they also need to try to fit them with the guest artists coming on the show and make sure they have a variety of lyrics, tempos, styles, etc.

Megan was robbed!

2 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

Will it be released on Apple Music?

The original songs: (I doubt we get any more song titles before Monday)

Micah Iverson - "Butterflies"

Todd Tilghman - ""

Toneisha Harris -""

CammWess - ""

Thunderstorm Artis - ""

Edited by Gmm99

2 hours ago, Theleaguan said:

Kelly and her team are getting zero pimping this season though

Its still obvious that TPTB brought back the team quotas to avoid her getting shut out of the finale (CammWess with the pimp spot and a song like Rainbow could have nabbed the PV anyways or could have won the instant save). Micah would have definitely had to sing for the save, and I don´t think he would have gotten it with either Toneisha or Camm there.

22 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

Remember when y'all thought the singer/songwriters would fluorish under these at-home circumstances?

They didn’t? I mean, aren’t TStorm and Micah  the singer songwriters of the top 9? A case could also be made for Todd and CammWess being singer songwriters too due to their storytelling stage persona, and their twist on Rainbow, respectively.