The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

On 1/30/2021 at 12:50 PM, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Meh. Not even close.

Jordan can eat him alive every hour of the day 24/7.

I think you misinterpreted it. By no means I'm saying Carter is Similar to Jordan in terms of Musical and technical abilities. Vocally Jordan can take him down without even a sweat(And I actually like Carter too). 

I just said they have kind of similar tonality.

Also, I think I made @Daillonconfused on that Chevel/Kennedy post(In the UNPOP OPINION THREAD). I didn't mean that Kennedy wasn't more popular on the polls I just asked a simple question that Did Kennedy really topped the poll? Because I didn't know the poll results of that night. lol 😂

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I think you misinterpreted it. By no means I'm saying Carter is Similar to Jordan in terms of Musical and technical abilities. Vocally Jordan can take him down without even a sweat(And I actually like Carter too). 

I just said they have kind of similar tonality.

They also had similar trajectories on the show.  Both got the "true Blind" treatment in their Blinds, both picked the last coach to turn for them, both seemed to be the odds-on favorites from the Blinds, and throughout their seasons, both ended up as the runaway favorites by so much, it wasn't even close.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rodney said:

They also had similar trajectories on the show.  Both got the "true Blind" treatment in their Blinds, both picked the last coach to turn for them, both seemed to be the odds-on favorites from the Blinds, and throughout their seasons, both ended up as the runaway favorites by so much, it wasn't even close.

There is one difference.

Jordan won the season with his BA while Carter won with his KO and if Ryan wasn't disqualified it wouldn't be a runaway win. Carter would've still won but that wouldn't be runaway win imo.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

And both were in a season which has a 9 in it. And both of them opened the night with a cover song and then performed 2nd last with the OG/Christmas cover song. Also Gwen said to both of them, YOU DID NOT LOOK LIKE YOUR VOICE.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, seak05 said:

Gwen and Miley trading compliments on twitter. Also Miley offered to play at the wedding. 😛

If Kelly needs to take a break one season I would love this duo (not the biggest fan of Miley but she has grown on me a lot this year)

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Has "Fast Car" ever been performed on the show? If it hasn't, that'd be pretty weird.

Wow, now that I think about it I don’t remember any cover of it in TVUS. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I don’t even understand it. The first part isn’t even a complete sentence. Is he comparing her to Randy Jackson? 

I didn’t either. If you click on the image it will say “It’s A ‘No’ For Me Dawg” on the top.  😒

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I don’t even understand it. The first part isn’t even a complete sentence. Is he comparing her to Randy Jackson? 

The Randy Jackson image is a meme that says "It's a 'no' for me dawg", referring to something Randy would say when he was a judge on Idol 😅