The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

13 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ve been waiting for this beat down since last night, and he delivered. 

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/morgan-wallens-n-word-proves-hes-unworthy-of-praise-prominence/

You know I love me some Trigger.   He is arrogant at times but he backs it up with the I was right defense more often than not.   He was right in his review and he is dead on in this piece. 

• Like 2

Just now, teamjulia said:

For the record, Blake had a bunch of homophobic and racist tweets, he's definitely become more clever about it but I don't think he changed at all

I don't think Blake is racist. Maybe he was when he was younger but there's nothing to suggest that he holds those same attitudes now. 🧐

But please feel free to correct me though if I'm wrong lol 😅

8 minutes ago, teamjulia said:

For the record, Blake had a bunch of homophobic and racist tweets, he's definitely become more clever about it but I don't think he changed at all

I'll echo what Disney said. I think Blake was more uneducated/in a culture that thought those jokes were acceptable, then actually racist or homophobic. 

Rose did a podcast with a couple of other African women last year (?) and one of the questions was about whether it was safe to like Blake bc basically he was a white guy from Oklahoma, and she said he was great. Adam's brother (who is gay) Gwen's glam team (all gay), and some other people who work on the show have also backed him. 

He's spoken in a few different interviews about how being with Gwen has helped him grow and learn to see things from different perspectives. I don't think Blake is the person who is out there advocating, and maybe (probably) he should be...but I don't think he's personally racist or homophobic (several of his relatives are though). 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Rose did a podcast with a couple of other African women last year (?) and one of the questions was about whether it was safe to like Blake bc basically he was a white guy from Oklahoma, and she said he was great.

I was basing my assumption on the fact that many black people on his team (i.e. Toneisha Harris, Kirk Jay, Kyla Jade, Spensha Baker, Keisha Renée, etc.) have gone far on the show. There's no way that would be the case if Blake was racist. 🧐