The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

11 minutes ago, seak05 said:

And hey Morgan again, this week in white country males are racist 

https://www.tmz.com/2021/02/02/morgan-wallen-n-word-nashville-neighbors/

He “promises to do better,” though. Does that sound familiar? Probably, because that’s what he said after his drunken bar brawl, and after botching his quarantine (while drunk) prior to to his scheduled appearance on SNL. It’s only a matter of time before he screws up really bad, or gets the sh*t kicked out of him (or both). 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I'm pretty sure Spensha had similar hate in S14 because she wasn't a "real" country singer 😒

I mean, yeah, that's sad, but to be honest , it's hard for me to feel any simpathy for her, considering she is a Trump supporter. I don't think she cares enough about racism as long as it doesn't affect her 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Sad 3

41 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

And these are the people who are dominating the country charts... 😒🤮

Get this: 

Luke Combs' latest album was the biggest country album of 2020 (Literally, check the Billboard 200 year-end chart for 2020, it is in the top ten -- unless you count "Folklore" as country).

And Morgan Wallen's double album is projected to stay at #1 for its fourth charting week next week. With over 100K sales.

16 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Luke Combs' latest album was the biggest country album of 2020 (Literally, check the Billboard 200 year-end chart for 2020, it is in the top ten -- unless you count "Folklore" as country).

Folklore isn't country. It's more indie folk with some country influence. 🧐

I don't see Morgan coming back from that one. That's some career ending stuff right there.

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Well all of this further proves my hypothesis that country isn't awful - it's country males that are awful.

To be fair, this doesnt apply to all country singers, but these are the ones who have prominently more exposure and success, which leads the general public to think that they are all like that. They're giving country music a bad name.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

To be fair, this doesnt apply to all country singers, but these are the ones who have prominently more exposure and success, which leads the general public to think that they are all like that. They're giving country music a bad name.

Yeah of course it doesn't mean all of them, but the consistent factor in the awful ones seems to be the males (referring both to the quality of the music and then everything Luke and Morgan have said)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

Yeah of course it doesn't mean all of them, but the consistent factor in the awful ones seems to be the males (referring both to the quality of the music and then everything Luke and Morgan have said)

Yeah, those two are doing country music no favors whatsoever.