The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

15 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Rose did a podcast with a couple of other African women last year (?) and one of the questions was about whether it was safe to like Blake bc basically he was a white guy from Oklahoma, and she said he was great.

Here it is. At about 25 minutes they start talking about Blake, and thristing over him for that matter lol.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

You know I love me some Trigger.   He is arrogant at times but he backs it up with the I was right defense more often than not.   He was right in his review and he is dead on in this piece. 

I took a pass on the Saving Country Music blog after Coroneos' feud with some of the women writers in Nashville and his position on the shut-up-and-sing issues, which overlap to a degree, but I agree that he's dead on here. 

Edited by WastedinMemphis
  • Like 1

Just now, QueenMae16 said:

No Faith or Martina? The disrespect-

no I'm kidding, but seriously, if you remember Carrie, you can remember the other 2 vocal monsters.

Oh of course I know those three...However, I am more of a fan of their older work than their recent output.

5 minutes ago, Gmm99 said:

Oh of course I know those three...However, I am more of a fan of their older work than their recent output.

No sorry, I didn't mean towards you, I thought I quoted the twitter post.

But all in all I was kidding, they probably tried to list all they could but forgot a few notable country females.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

No sorry, I didn't mean towards you, I thought I quoted the twitter post.

But all in all I was kidding, they probably tried to list all they could but forgot a few notable country females.

Nah, you're good lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ve been waiting for this beat down since last night, and he delivered. 

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/morgan-wallens-n-word-proves-hes-unworthy-of-praise-prominence/

Trigger's take down of Morgan is brutal, but in the process he also absolved the country music industry...and I don't think that's fair or accurate. This isn't one isolated incident, or one artist. The industry has allowed racism to fester in the industry for decades, and provided cover to those who waived confederate flags, spewed birthirism nonsense etc. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Trigger's take down of Morgan is brutal, but in the process he also absolved the country music industry...and I don't think that's fair or accurate. This isn't one isolated incident, or one artist. The industry has allowed racism to fester in the industry for decades, and provided cover to those who waived confederate flags, spewed birthirism nonsense etc. 

Like Trigger said, at least we got some good music from some of those artists, unlike in this case. :haha:

• Haha 3

I don't know Morgan as a person and certainly CMT and other folks are within their rights to take what actions they see fit. That said, I think society has gone off the deep end and I'm not sure I belong in this era. Yes, it was a racial slur and probably not the first time, but that in and of itself is speculation on my part as I don't know him. We've gotten to a place where you're not allowed to make a mistake, otherwise you risk your entire career being ruined and that's pretty alarming. 

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Me counting Morgan’s “mistakes”: 

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

You might know better than me. I only watched the season he was on and hadn't followed up with him. Has it been a pattern of saying things like this publicly? 

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

I don't know Morgan as a person and certainly CMT and other folks are within their rights to take what actions they see fit. That said, I think society has gone off the deep end and I'm not sure I belong in this era. Yes, it was a racial slur and probably not the first time, but that in and of itself is speculation on my part as I don't know him. We've gotten to a place where you're not allowed to make a mistake, otherwise you risk your entire career being ruined and that's pretty alarming. 

I’m not a fan of cancel culture either, but this is not the first time he does this, plus skipping safety CO-VID protocols and more things that have already been shared in this thread... I think in Morgan’s case, all the criticism and “punishment” is more than justified imo.

• Like 2

Well, if nothing else, Morgan Wallen has created more headlines than most Voice winners. 🤣

It would also appear that the Morgan Wallen fan thread ceased to exist a few minutes ago.

Edited by Vinyl
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The two most successful voice contestants ever, AKA him and Melanie Martinez have been surrounded by controversy. 

What happened with the whole Melanie thing? IIRC she was accused of rape but I don’t know what happened next.