DWTS Season 31 Discussion

*Amanda

11 hours ago, Elliott said:

Live footage of you voting for Vinny every Monday:

Shocked Oh My God GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

lmaooo I guess this will be me. :dead: 

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

Heidi dancing to Alanis Morissette? The way I’m going from ironically stanning her to actually stanning her. :wub:

LMAOOO I thought of you when I saw that choice.

Although I already can see you hating whichever cover they choose for that song. 🙈

2 hours ago, *Amanda said:

The show finally remembering that “Free Your Mind” isn’t the only En Vogue song that exists. ❤️ 

I know, right? :wub: :dead: 

2 hours ago, *Diana said:

ok but no one is ever going to touch Stacy so they really should retire that song :dead:

lmaooo they totally should. :dead: But I guess that doesn't really matter to the show where they have these iconic dances to certain songs. :haha: 

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Jordin would have had a standout moment with this theme I just know it!

Yep! 😢 

1 hour ago, *Diana said:

I am sort of surprised they didn't do Charli vs Heidi :giggle:

lmao I'm shocked about that too. :dead: This was their chance to do so!

59 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I love this for her

Welll DANGGG, that was FAST. 🙈 🙈 🙈

I never want or ever wish breakups on the franchise, but I thought that would have happened sometime after the season end or next year. I'm curious what happened and the reasoning behind the breakup.

Rumors were swirling and media outlets were asking questions because Erich hadn't been in the DWTS audience and Gabby stopped wearing her engagement ring. So it makes sense to end the speculation with an official announcement. Dancing is probably a good distraction for Gabby right now.

On 9/19/2022 at 3:00 PM, *Lily said:

I'll try and get a graphic up later or if not today, hopefully in the week. But here are the draft picks for each team!

Draft 1

Team @FrogLenzen - Wayne Brady, Joseph Baena, Heidi D'Amelio

Team @*Chris - Gabby Windey, Teresa Giudice, Trevor Donovan

Team @Solaris - Jordin Sparks, Vinny Guadagnino, Cheryl Ladd

Team @rpryor03 - Charli D'Amelio, Daniel Durant, Jessie James Decker

Team @totes4totes - Shangela, Selma Blair, Jason Lewis, Sam Champion

Draft 2

Team @Elliott - Wayne Brady, Selma Blair, Sam Champion

Team @*Wallace - Jordin Sparks, Jessie James Decker, Vinny Guadagnino

Team @Alex95 - Charli D'Amelio, Daniel Durant, Jason Lewis

Team @Ariel1989 - Joseph Baena, Heidi D'Amelio, Teresa Giudice

Team @*Diana - Shangela, Gabby Windey, Trevor Donovan, Cheryl Ladd

Draft 3

Team @*Amanda - Wayne Brady, Selma Blair, Teresa Giudice

Team @*Lily - Charli D'Amelio, Vinny Guadagnino, Joseph Baena

Team @jarmon - Gabby Windey, Heidi D'Amelio, Jessie James Decker

Team @rdhaley96 - Jordin Sparks, Trevor Donovan, Jason Lewis

Team @.Rei - Daniel Durant, Shangela, Sam Champion, Cheryl Ladd

I'm shaking, vomiting, crying PLEASE let me trade Jason for Trevor IT'S WHAT I WANTED TO THE WHOLE TIME I DON'T KNOW WHAT CAME OVER ME WHEN I MADE MY PICK 😭 😭 😭

• Like 1

Wayne really needs to drop this “Heidi is a trained dancer” thing. It’s NAGL when he has years of dance experience. 💀

I really liked him at the beginning of the season but I’ve found myself becoming less invested in him and more invested in various other couples as the weeks go on. :ph34rwave:

• Like 5

SEMI FINALS:

The mirrorball competition heats up as the six remaining contestants head into the “Semi-Finals.” Each couple will perform two all-new routines as they fight for a spot in the finale. 

Throughout the evening, each couple will perform one final ballroom dance style and one final Latin dance style (that they’ve not yet performed) as they battle it out for scores and votes in hopes of earning a spot in the finale. At the end of the “Semi-Finals,” there will be a double elimination which will determine the four contestants who will move on to the finale.

STYLE:

ROUND ONE:

Actor and singer Wayne Brady and pro Witney Carson will perform a Paso Doble to “Beggin’” by Måneskin

TikTok star Charli D’Amelio and pro Mark Ballas will perform a Viennese Waltz to “Glimpse of Us” by Joji

TV star Trevor Donovan and pro Emma Slater will perform a Cha Cha to “Satisfied” by Galantis ft. MAX

Daniel Durant  (Oscar®-winning “CODA”) and pro Britt Stewart will perform a Viennese Waltz to “Surprise Yourself” by Jack Garratt

Drag queen superstar Shangela and pro Gleb Savchenko will perform a Paso Doble to “The Edge of Glory” by Lady Gaga

Gabby Windey (“The Bachelorette”) and pro Val Chmerkovskiy will perform a Waltz to “I’m Kissing You” by Des’ree

ROUND TWO:

Actor and singer Wayne Brady and pro Witney Carson will perform a Viennese Waltz to “It’s A Man’s Man’s Man’s World” by James Brown

TikTok star Charli D’Amelio and pro Mark Ballas will perform a Paso Doble to “Espana Cani” by Pascual Marquina

TV star Trevor Donovan and pro Emma Slater will perform a Viennese Waltz to “Count On Me” by Judah Kelly

Daniel Durant  (Oscar®-winning “CODA”) and pro Britt Stewart will perform a Samba to “Light It Up (Remix)” by Major Lazer ft. Nyla & Fuse ODG

Drag queen superstar Shangela and pro Gleb Savchenko will perform a Viennese Waltz to “I Have Nothing” by Whitney Houston

Gabby Windey (“The Bachelorette”) and pro Val Chmerkovskiy will perform a Paso Doble to “Malagueña” by Brian Setzer