DWTS Season 31 Discussion

*Amanda

Thoughts:

OMGG everyone is dancing some kind of Waltz, huh? 5 Viennese Waltzes and a Walrz? That's A LOT there. :dead:  Oh I noticed 4 Paso Dobles too. Lmaoo not much variety in the styles.

I do like a lot of the song choices though.

57 minutes ago, FunkyFrankie said:

Since it’s a double, I see Trevor and Daniel not making finale.  Shangela could get”robbed” here

Trevor is definitely out next week but I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if Daniel pulls off an upset and one of the frontrunners becomes a “shock boot”.

I am late to the party because I was on vacation, but I have to say that I loved Gabby dancing with Alan. I loved the whole thing. I know that Val choreographed it but I feel like she had a really good chemistry with Alan.

I hope that either Wayne or Gabby win this season. Charli winning will not be surprising at all. 

6 hours ago, *Diana said:

The choices this year are so odd..Wayne never doing a Rumba? Charli not a Samba/Salsa, and (ugg) Gabby no sort of jazz or contemporary but yes lets gives all 6 basically all Viennese Waltzs and Pasos..... 🙂

Ughh yeah we really could have had those styles for a good mixture/variety of show but no. 😐 

Oh and also not a Shangela Jive. I really wanted that too. 😭

Gabby is actually the first contestant in maybe, god I can't remember when, who has had a true DWTS Ballroom/Latin Journey on the show.

She's done every Latin style the show currently showcases (Cha Cha, Salsa, Jive, Paso, Samba, and Rumba) and also every Ballroom style (Foxtrot, Quickstep, Both Tangos, Both Waltzes).

Every contestant that makes the semis/finals at least since Jazz/Contemporary got introduced has one or two of those styles left off because of that.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 8:00 PM, *Lily said:

I'll try and get a graphic up later or if not today, hopefully in the week. But here are the draft picks for each team!

Draft 1

Team @FrogLenzen - Wayne Brady

Team @*Chris - Gabby Windey, Trevor Donovan

Team @rpryor03 - Charli D'Amelio, Daniel Durant

Team @totes4totes - Shangela

Draft 2

Team @Elliott - Wayne Brady

Team @Alex95 - Charli D'Amelio, Daniel Durant

Team @*Diana - Shangela, Gabby Windey, Trevor Donovan

Draft 3

Team @*Amanda - Wayne Brady

Team @*Lily - Charli D'Amelio

Team @jarmon - Gabby Windey

Team @rdhaley96 - Trevor Donovan

Team @.Rei - Daniel Durant, Shangela

A look at the drafts going into tonight's semi-finals.

Draft 3 is looking quite even as everyone still has someone in the race, with Rei having two picks. Meanwhile, we lose Ariel and Wally on Draft 2, and Sola on Draft 1. Diana remains with an impressive 3 picks going into tonight. 😮 Also worth noting everybody who got a first pick only has their first pick left standing now in Wayne.

On 11/11/2022 at 5:35 PM, ILuvCarrie4eva said:

Gabby is actually the first contestant in maybe, god I can't remember when, who has had a true DWTS Ballroom/Latin Journey on the show.

She's done every Latin style the show currently showcases (Cha Cha, Salsa, Jive, Paso, Samba, and Rumba) and also every Ballroom style (Foxtrot, Quickstep, Both Tangos, Both Waltzes).

Every contestant that makes the semis/finals at least since Jazz/Contemporary got introduced has one or two of those styles left off because of that.

I've said this many times before but I kinda love/appreciate her journey on the show for not relying on Contemporary or Jazz for dances to perform. It's really refreshing seeing someone doing all of the Latins and ballroom dances as possible. ❤️ 

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

A look at the drafts going into tonight's semi-finals.

Draft 3 is looking quite even as everyone still has someone in the race, with Rei having two picks. Meanwhile, we lose Ariel and Wally on Draft 2, and Sola on Draft 1. Diana remains with an impressive 3 picks going into tonight. 😮 Also worth noting everybody who got a first pick only has their first pick left standing now in Wayne.

LOL the way I went from 3 draft picks on before the Week 6 episode to 0 draft picks after Week 8's show! :wub: What an iconic run! :wub: 

4 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I've said this many times before but I kinda love/appreciate her journey on the show for not relying on Contemporary or Jazz for dances to perform. It's really refreshing seeing someone doing all of the Latins and ballroom dances as possible. ❤️ 

I mean they don't choose their dances, I'm sure she gladly would've taken a Jazz or Contemporary :dead:

• Like 2