The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

Honestly, I´m kinda here for it. Glad to have Kelly back, out of the 1D boys, Niall is probably the one whose music I would probably gravitate the most to, and Chance is such a random choice that it could potentially work. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

Each season they have weirder and weirder ways of announcing the coaches. I mean, it's the first time since S11 we get 2 new coaches at once, I would expect them to announce it another way. Yeah, but no comparison to Alicia and Miley of course☠️

Niall is apparently a pretty good choice, with his humour and charisma I'm sure he will fit very well with Kelly and Blake. He might not be as big as Ariana or even Camila, but I'm sure he'll obviously fit better than Nick. With Chance... I think I have never heard any song by him. And that speaks for itself. I have just watched his interview with Kelly and he's got zero energy. The only positive thing I could see there is some rappers coming in, we've had almost none of them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kaito said:

some of these reactions towards chance being a coach are weird asf & lowk veering onto microaggression realm. how can y’all claim to be music fans and only listen to such a small subset of genres???

ive been lurking and these are my thoughts exactly! 

Also, I guess something must have changed with the choices of coaches since S21. Since the very beginning of the show, every coach was signed for at least two seasons, but now, since Ariana and Camila are there only for one, it makes me wonder - have they changed their policy or are they waiting for them to show up again in some future seasons? Especially Camila, she is really great this season and I bet NBC would not like to waste her appearance on the show.

It's refreshing and cool to have new coaches each season, but wow, if S24 happens in the fall, we've got a lot of coaches to consider then.

And John has probably just skipped a season like Kelly did, so that makes it even more intriguing - how desperate must have they been to fill this S23 squad☠️

EDIT: And now Blake's leaving after S23? Damn, that looks like the end of the show to me, forget about S24🤣

Edited by jakesz

2 minutes ago, m1key said:

ive been lurking and these are my thoughts exactly! 

“this panel is so strange!” “this season will be interesting!” “i’ve never heard of chance before therefore he’s a bad coaching choice!” like do y’all not see the racist passive aggressivity behind these statements lol

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kaito said:

“this panel is so strange!” “this season will be interesting!” “i’ve never heard of chance before therefore he’s a bad coaching choice!” like do y’all not see the racist passive aggressivity behind these statements lol

Well I’m the one who said interesting, and I actually like chance’s earlier music, so no 😂. I just don’t find his recent stuff as good. 

I do think there’s a definite anti rap/hip hop bias 

Haven´t really listened to Chance´s music, but I´m interested in what he´ll bring to the table. It´ll be fun having a hip-hop oriented coach, might actually atract more people in that genre to try out. 

And Blake finally hangs his cowboy hat. It had to happen at some point. I assume TPTB knows they´ll have to find a good replacement for him, otherwise the show will likely be done by S25 or so. 

• Like 1

Just now, seak05 said:

Well I’m the one who said interesting, and I actually like chance’s earlier music, so no 😂. I just don’t find his recent stuff as good. 

I do think there’s a definite anti rap/hip hop bias 

no you’re valid — i just think that this collective outrage and confusion over a hip-hop artist (who has had fantastic & acclaimed records in his discography) being a coach is reeking of the anti-rap bias that you pointed out, which obviously stems from broader societal & systemic issues.

it’s 2022, you would’ve think that we would’ve had more rappers on this show. i think that this is a great step in regards to bringing in more artists & viewers to broaden the artistic representation that has been lacking in recent years

15 minutes ago, Kaito said:

some of these reactions towards chance being a coach are weird asf & lowk veering onto microaggression realm. how can y’all claim to be music fans and only listen to such a small subset of genres???

I’m sorry, but coming to that conclusion just because people think Chance is a random choice is… weird. I’m willing to bet good money that if they had announced Kendrick or Snoop as coaches the reaction would have been quite different.

• Like 5