American Idol S20 Top 7 Mother's Day Discussion 💐

istersay

31 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

Because they aren't attracted to him like Fritz or Noah :dead:

That's a sore loser attitude.  The disconnect is that Christian is an old fashion, bombastic belter with a penchant for picking over done power ballads.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 4

A double elimination of Christian and Huntergirl would've melted my ice cold heart into happy town... But Jay has been so inconsistent...

RIP LILAC WINE AURA. :kissbye:

Also. I'm team Leah and Fritz for the finale. I believe it will be a top 3 with either Noah or Nicolina. Who I prefer doesn't matter. PLEASE LEAH AND FRITZ. lol 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Sadly not too surprised here. :( POC do struggle to get votes on the ABC seasons, although there have been a few exceptions.

Mike should never have tried to go Country.  He has a current R&B sound, more so than Jay or Lady K.

Alejandro, Arthur, Willie did make the Final 2 and Just Sam won.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Adam_S said:

Why are so many people here happy that Christian is gone?

Cause he was very inconsistent, sang like it was 2003, and well... I just don't see myself lining up to a Christian concert anytime soon. :teeheewave:

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Cause he was very inconsistent, sang like it was 2003, and well... I just don't see myself lining up to a Christian concert anytime soon. :teeheewave:

I don't know what this means, but it cracked me up. :lmao: :dead: 

• Haha 1

Just now, miss denise said:

I don't know what this means, but it cracked me up. :lmao: :dead: 

Not me comparing a contestant to early seasons of Idol that I didn't grow up with and watch. LOL

Like the big belters of the Fantasia/Kelly/Jennifer Hudson long gone era. IMO

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

Not me comparing a contestant to early seasons of Idol that I didn't grow up with and watch. LOL

Like the big belters of the Fantasia/Kelly/Jennifer Hudson long gone era. IMO

Ahh okay, I get what you mean. :haha: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redwood79 said:

Yeah...it just feels a bit unfair to Jay and Christian. It's a lot easier to perform well in a rehearsal or in your hotel room.

that is an interesting take… because being sick obviously has an impact on your vocals and overall energy and presence. not to mention that being on the big stage with a crowd draws viewers’ attentions and just equals a more well rounded performance due to visuals. some people naturally perform better in front of a crowd and some naturally perform better without one so using that as an excuse to why fritz and noah made it through honestly isn’t super valid. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I'm here for some shock boots too make IDF rage. 😂

Tonight was the perfect night for a shock boot, but that somehow didn't happened.

I don't see a "shock boot" happening next week. But IDF is certainly gonna rage anyways :P

Hunter girl for the win, top 3 with Fritz/Noah or with Leah and Nicolina. Hunter slayed Like My Mother Does, that was a winning performance

6 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Tonight was the perfect night for a shock boot, but that somehow didn't happened.

I don't see a "shock boot" happening next week. But IDF is certainly gonna rage anyways :P

What combo would cause the most rage? Leah & Nicolina? Leah & Fritz? Whatever the combo that's what I'm rooting for.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

What combo would cause the most rage? Leah & Nicolina? Leah & Fritz? Whatever the combo that's what I'm rooting for.

My bet is on Leah and Nicolina. I like both of them but i'm not delusional enough to think that we are having more than one female in the finale. And yes, i think that one would cause more rage 😬

the biggest shock will be if both guys voted off next week. the 3 girls left are better than both guys combined. 

the only way for either hunter or leah to win is if both in the final 3. 

if both guys makes it next week one of them wins. do you really want the same old lame wgwg to win over and over!?

nicolina making it to final 3 will be the sweetest upset. and she is on fire these couple of weeks! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, blackfield said:

the biggest shock will be if both guys voted off next week. the 3 girls left are better than both guys combined. 

if both guys makes it next week one of them wins. do you really want the same old lame wgwg to win over and over!?

nicolina making it to final 3 will be the sweetest upset. and she is on fire these couple of weeks! 

YES WGWG FTW

• Confused 1

TikTok songs

1. Noah - Wow, I never thought I would ever put him in my top 1, but he totally nailed it. COVID-19 maybe did him some favors, kidding.

2. Christian - It's his best to date for me. His oversinging style kinda works on this belting straight all the way arrangement. 

3. Fritz - Go streaming the song guys, it's so catchy.

4. Nicolina - It's the same problem as Jay's. Never touch any classic songs if you ain't able to turn it into no karaoke.

5. Leah - I just cannot take this performance serious, nothing memorable or valuable to make me wanna watch it again on YT.

6. Jay - If you don't have the biggest lungs on earth or the most refreshing arrangement in the universe, it will predictably turn into a karaoke disadvantage. 

7. Hutergirl - Vocally she's probably the blandest in the TOP 7, but IDOL voters fancy her so umm whatever.

Mother's Day Dedication

1. Noah - He should just perform in the room in the rest of shows. I can hear his vocal emotion here.

2. Chris - Splendid vocals. Thank you Jesus. Okay, he sang a cheating song and still went home. lol

3. Nicolina - Definitely another great vocal performance from her.

4. Leah - Her tone is so innocent that brilliantly fits the song.

5. Fritz - I like his first original better, but he sounded clearer and in control here.

6. Jay - Well, bye.

7. Huntergirl - She just proved that she's a more mediocre singer than I already thought.

9 hours ago, redwood79 said:

Yeah...it just feels a bit unfair to Jay and Christian. It's a lot easier to perform well in a rehearsal or in your hotel room.

Actually, it’s not. The COVID-19 seasons of Idol and the Voice were considered to be full of lackluster performances.

And Ryan noted that Nicolina held back in rehearsals. So if she had been the one to test positive, we would have gotten a much different, subdued performance.

9 hours ago, KelseyW said:

Inconsistent vocally?

I get not liking his style of singing, tone or song choices, but he's been one of the more consistent vocalists in the competition. He's been on pitch more than most while performing more technically difficult vocals than the majority of the competition 

8 hours ago, blackfield said:

That's not going to happen.  They have the fan bases.  Even Slezak, who is a big fanboy of the female singers, thinks Fritz is going to win after his originals. 

Fritz and Noah would be an improvement over Laine and Chayce.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed last nights show and hope Noah and Fritz get better and are able to perform in the studio on Sunday Night.  I have to say though Noah gave my favourite performances of his last night I think it suited him being in a more intimate setting.

I predict Fritz, Leah and Hunter Girl will be the final 3 with Fritz winning. I think Nicolina and Noah will go out next even though I would like to see Noah win but that wont happen. 

Edited by Hbrue123

I think we might have underestimated Nicolina’s chances, she could very well be the 3rd finalist, especially if Leah doesn’t get good song choices (hot take but Fritz has the worst odds out of the Top 5)