• Raquel Trinidad - I Wish
    • The Joy Reunion - Boondocks
    • Hailey Mia - You Broke Me First
    • Jeremy Rosado - Here Comes Goodbye
    • Carson Peters - Tulsa Time
    • Keilah Grace - Never Tear Us Apart
    • Samara Brown - Sweet Thing
    • Holly Forbes - Rocket Man

1) Holly - OMG winner material can we just give her the crown?!? A mix of Maelyn & Katie (two of my favs)

2) Jeremy - his falsetto is smooothhh

3) Hailey - flawless…I feel like she’s gonna be one of the contestants who’s better each round

4) Samara

5) Keliah

6) Raquel

7) The Joy Reunion

8. Carson - 2-3 ppl should’ve gotten 4 chairs this ep and let’s just say he wasnt my pick

Hard Pass
8.) Carson Peters

Enjoyable but forgettable
7.) The Joy Reunion

Queens of holding their mics way too high
6.) Hailey Mia
5.) Keilah Grace

Lowkey great, needs better songs
4.) Raquel Trinidad
3.) Jeremy Rosado

Great performance, not in love with arrangement
2.) Holly Forbes

Voice, presence, style... she got it all
1.) Samara Brown

Edited by Teraginn

My clear Top 3

1. Holly - Fantastic. It was just a full on feel-good audition. You can't help but root for this girl. And the whole audition was presented as a winning one. Unless something goes terribly off the rails, I don't see her missing the finale.

2. Jeremy - What a great tone, and love how he handled the sweeter moments of the song. Plus that falsetto was gorgeous. With Kelly by his side, sky is the limit.

3. Samara - Pleasant surprise here. Hadnt heard her much pre season but this was very good. Entertaining and in the pocket. Looking forward to see what else she does.

Good, but...

4. Hailey - Her tone is interesting and she sounds very mature. Very polished for a teen as well. But overall I wasnt really grabbed by her performance. I need a couple of rounds to be on her train, but I am keeping an eye on her. She could go far with the right coaching and songs.

5. Carson - I love his rasp, and he soared when he displayed it. But yeah, I did expect more power out of him and his voice is a bit underbaked for the show. That being said, there were, like I said, some great moments with that tone.

Solid, but expected much better

6. Raquel - This was, if I'm completely honest, a bit of a letdown, especially considered I love this song and I was looking forward to Raquel's blind. She did good, cool runs. But that was it. I want her to showcase more of that rasp and the artistry that makes her unique. This song didnt allow her to do that. Hoping for better things to come out of her in next rounds.

Mixed bag

7. The Joy Reunion - Entertaining, fun performance. Great song choice, and loved their individual parts. My issue though? The harmonies. They were off to my ear in several parts. Plus the female vocalist was practically inaudible when it came to it. More messy that I was expecting it to be.

8. Keilah Grace - There were some moments that worked for me, but they were mostly overshadowed by the moments that didn't. Congrats on three chairs though.

Overall, a decent enough episode for me.

Least favorite audition so far

8. Carson Peters - I'm sorry, there was nothing I enjoyed about that.

Not very memorable

7. Raquel Trinidad - She has a very nice tone, and I really liked her pre-show stuff... so why is this song choice so lousy?

6. The Joy Reunion - There was nothing wrong with that. That's all I have to say.

Teens with potential

5. Keilah Grace - I want her to sing a song that doesn't rely too much on her higher range. I liked how she sounded on the lower notes way better.

4. Hailey Mia - Needs some more time in the oven, but she handled a tricky song choice very well. She'll be fantastic in a couple years.

Great!

3. Samara Brown - Awesome tone, and she knows how to strike that balance between bold and tasteful. High notes remind me of Zania Alaké.

Contenders 👀

2. Jeremy Rosado - The surprise of the night! Wasn't too excited for him before the season, but I am surely on board now.

1. Holly Forbes - I feel like if the arrangement was simplified just a tad, this could've been my favorite of the season so far. Alas, the execution wasn't perfect or squeaky-clean, but she was definitely compelling.

Edited by FloorWax

Just now, FloorWax said:

Overall, a decent enough episode for me.

Least favorite audition so far

8. Carson Peters - I'm sorry, there was nothing I enjoyed about that.

Not very memorable

7. Raquel Trinidad - She has a very nice tone, and I really liked her pre-show stuff... so why is this song choice so lousy?

6. The Joy Reunion - There was nothing wrong with that. That's all I have to say.

Teens with potential

5. Keilah Grace - I want her to sing a song that doesn't rely too much on her higher range. I liked how she sounded on the lower notes way better.

4. Hailey Mia - Needs some more time in the oven, but she handled a tricky song choice very well. She'll be fantastic in a couple years.

Great!

3. Samara Brown - Awesome tone, and she knows how to strike that balance between bold and tasteful. High notes remind me of Zania Alaké.

Contenders 👀

2. Jeremy Rosado - The surprise of the night! Wasn't too excited for him before the season, but I am surely on board now.

1. Holly Forbes - I feel like if the arrangement was simplified just a tad, this could've been my favorite of the season so far. Alas, the execution wasn't perfect or squeaky-clean, but she was definitely compelling.

also, voted for Jeremy because I thought he deserved one. Holly was going to get more than enough votes anyway.

Kind of a mixed night.

NAILED IT

1. Holly Forbes (9/10) - This was neck and neck with Jeremy but the last bit that she was belting? Easy #1 of the night. Hoping she wins tbh.

2. Jeremy Rosado (9/10) - An excellent male vocal on an unexpected track! He deserved way more than those two chairs and his story is absolutely lovely as well. Team Kelly is STACKED.

3. Samara Brown (9/10) - Ma'am some of your notes were INSANE there. Congrats on getting more chair turns than Amanda! With that in mind, she should totally be capable of surpassing her sister's semifinals placement. 

LOVED IT BUT NEED SOMETHING A BIT DIFFERENT

4. Raquel Trinidad (8.5/10) - I needed a few more listens to fully appreciate this and I still would've preferred a different song choice, but I did love this and it'll absolutely be on repeat throughout the week! On first listen, it's hard to separate from the original, but I agree with John's comment about hearing Ariana in her voice. Love it!

NICE

5. The Joy Reunion (8/10) - This was a solid intro to them! As a vocal group, I definitely prefer GNT, but TJR is definitely perfect for sitting down with a beer and just vibing. Best of luck to them in the competition.

Not for Me :(

6. Hailey Mia (6.5/10) - Strong enough vocals for her age. I definitely see her improving and think she'd be a threat in a couple years. She's really not my thing though and there are so many vocalists that are much stronger than her.

7. Carson Peters (6/10) - Sweet kid, and he does kind of have a decent rasp, but that's not a voice that's anywhere near ready for the competition (at least he doesn't deserve it yet...)

8. Keilah Grace (6/10) - She's so sweet and technically it was a solid performance but that tone is absolutely not for me. Same reason I couldn't go for Kat Hammock in S17... I cannot handle that tone. Congrats on your chairs, however!

Edited by Someone648

3.Samara: those upper-belts had me shook.

2.Hailey: There is something so special and raw about her and her voice and I genuinely believe she is gonna go really potentially be the winner

1. Holly:Spectacular, her runs and upper belts were really good. The vocals were on fleek, she had me shook. Tho a bit overhyped SRY

Very nice surprises!
1. Samara - The Browns really lucked out with the genes, huh?

2. Jeremy - I very rarely place singers like him this high, but what can I say? He killed it.

Undeniably solid but…

3. Holly - Loved the beginning (tone :wub:), but then she lost me a bit. I guess I expected a different approach? Either way, I think my expectations were too high on this one.

Decent enough

4. Raquel - She’s one of my pre-season faves, but I can’t help but feel disappointed due to the song choice. That said, I love her tone and style.

5. Hailey - I’m surprised by how much I enjoyed this. Her young age definitely showed at some instances but overall a very promising start.

6. TJR - Fun performance. Not much else to say here.

Meh

7a. Carson - There were some good parts but this was probably my least favorite country audition so far (for reasons that users above have already covered)

7b. Keilah - I really wanted to like her but I couldn’t get past the tone.

Edited by Daillon

I rewatched them a bit, and while I still think Holly killed it, I think she overdid it just a bit at some points. Still felt like a crowning audition though.

With that being said, I'll have to give it to Jeremy as my favorite of the night.

Edited by Misirlou

5 hours ago, Daillon said:

Loved the beginning (tone :wub:), but then she lost me a bit. I guess I expected a different approach? Either way, I think my expectations were too high on this one.

Agree with all of this. Ranked her as #1 earlier but now I'm not so sure. She did a lot of impressive stuff but not all of it was needed. That one growl felt really out of place for me.

Just now, FloorWax said:

Agree with all of this. Ranked her as #1 earlier but now I'm not so sure. She did a lot of impressive stuff but not all of it was needed. That one growl felt really out of place for me.

That's pretty much how I felt when I rewatched it. I think I got caught up in the moment when I saw it yesterday. Still a great audition though.

Edited by Misirlou

1. Holly : Better than what I expected and I already had high expectations, best of the night !
  2. Samara : She freaking killed it, the second part was DOPE !
  3. Jeremy : He can sing and he's like top-tier in terms of likability, trouble ... 
  4. Hailey : That was pretty but she'll need waaaay better songs than that.
  5. The Joy Reunion : Not perfect but a pleasant performance overall.
  6. Carson : I enjoyed it more than I thought but IMO some others deserved more chairs than him
  7. Raquel : A bit underwhelming to be honest, the song choice wasn't the best and it didn't go many places vocally.
  8. Keilah : Not my cup of tea but congrats

Great:

1. Holly - This wasn’t perfect by any means but I loved the whole thing, both the soft and the big notes

2. Jeremy - I was honestly expecting him to be another mediocre country dude but he honestly has a great voice

3. Samara - She’s got it all: the voice and the looks - but I feel she could’ve had a better song choice

Good:

4. Hailey - I wanted her to do a little something more but it was very pleasant

Decent:

5. Raquel - Very underwhelming, considering I loved her pre-season

Mediocre:

6. The Joy Reunion - I could only hear the guys and they weren’t good. The lady needs to sing out, she isn’t a background vocalist

Trash:

7. Carson - bleh

• Like 1