• Kaleb Lee
    • D.R. King
    • Britton Buchanon
    • Jackie Foster
    • Christiana Danielle
    • Kyla Jade
    • Prior Baird
    • Spensha Baker

I like it because I didn't see it live lmao, if I had it probably would've ruined it for me.

I liked Sharane, Jackie F., Brynn, Christiana, and Kyla - this is a tough choice. It's probably b/w Kyla and Brynn because those two were probably the most consistent. I'll say Kyla, but I love both of them! 🙂

I thought it was ok. Very hit and miss for me.

I voted Kyla, since she was for me the most consistent of the season, and she´s not my style at all. I liked Britton too, sans some performances. Pryor was a favorite of mine at the beggining, but he started to get way too repetitive and didn´t showcase the guitar slinging I was expecting out of him.

I thought several good people like Reid, Drew, Kelsea, and WILKES were cut too early. Some of them being on longer might have made it for enjoyable for me.

I really enjoyed it, maybe the first season I was invested in and I was familiar with almost everyone who made the lives.

My dream finale would've been Jackie F., Kyla, Sharane (I was sad to see her go) and Christiana/Britton. Kyla for the win cause she obviously outsing them but still a lot of interesting artists.

It’s a really, really bad season imo. I always feel like it gets more credit than it deserves for having a non-country finale.

Kyla was the only one who had great live performances, and even then she was kinda inconsistent throughout her run. She had an awful finale night, but I still think she was the clear winner.

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

It’s a really, really bad season imo. I always feel like it gets more credit than it deserves for having a non-country finale.

The finale not having a country artist was indeed the subject of praise by IDF when we got the S15 semifinal results (It´s obvious why). The biases were strong.

But in general, S14 is generally regarded as an underwhelming season, the comments and polls were brutal during it. Brynn definitely got a lot of hate for winning, it´s only now that she has been well recieved, primarily because of her post show work, which is pretty good, and deserving of the praise.

19 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I really enjoyed it, maybe the first season I was invested in and I was familiar with almost everyone who made the lives.

My dream finale would've been Jackie F., Kyla, Sharane (I was sad to see her go) and Christiana/Britton. Kyla for the win cause she obviously outsing them but still a lot of interesting artists.

Taste! I know that some people didn't perform well live, but I listen to studios more often so it doesn't bother me lol

I´ll give S14 some credit: I think the battles were very strong. Ep 1 from this season has to be the strongest battle episode I can remember recently.

The blinds were meh, the KOs were good. The lives, only a few survived in my opinion.

I think I´ll give it a 7/10 overall.

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

Taste! I know that some people didn't perform well live, but I listen to studios more often so it doesn't bother me lol

I feel like it was a lot about song choices, like Rayshun getting the PV in the playoffs 2 and escaping the bottom 2 in the Top 11 (and Sharane getting cut when she seemed to be Adam's frontrunner before that)

I don't think it was bad, just underwhelming considering how strong season 13 was. The battles were generally strong, and there were several excellent KOs. The lives, especially the playoffs, were very hit-or-miss. 

My top 4 from the top 12: Kyla, Jackie F., Brynn, Britton. Kyla'd be my first pick to win of that group, with the other three interchangeable for the remaining spots.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed s14 since it was basically the last normal season we’ve had. Being right after s13 made it look worse but I liked relatively everyone in the top 12. Even the top 24 overall was extremely strong. I still think Brynn deserved the win.

I still thought that it was good, though definitely quite the comedown coming directly after season thirteen.  I enjoyed many of the artists, and several of the Blinds.  The Battles were some of my favorites, and there were many amazing Knockouts.

Then, the wonky Playoffs format came along and looked like it would completely throw some teams for a loop.  But luckily, they still mostly worked out for Kelly and Alicia and seemed to completely work out for Blake.  It was only that man who got screwed by it (really wanted Reid to get through), but given that it ultimately led to his first wipeout since season four, I won't complain that much.

And hey, for the first time since season five, we had a top two that did not predictably include one of Blake's artists and in fact had both of them being artists from the middle-chair coaches' teams, a very refreshing ending, indeed.  So that was something new.

It's amazing how many people are still picking Kyla for the winner when it's rather conveniently forgotten that she didn't even want to win.  For that, I was torn between Brynn and Britton, since neither was fully consistent, but at least worthy of getting as far as they did.  Went with Brynn, though, since I felt like she had a better finale night than Britton.

2 hours ago, B-B said:

The fact that Kyla doesn’t have 100%...

Kyla had a good shot but she had her worst night in the finals when it counted most.  Brynn won and is still winning...so don't judge too harshly. 

Spotify metrics

Brynn:  232,019 monthly listeners

Kyla: 5,678 monthly listeners

• Like 3

It was alright. There are some people I enjoyed but I remember just being flabbergasted at how bad the live shows were. This is considering S13 was my first season.

Edited by FloorWax

15 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Kyla had a good shot but she had her worst night in the finals when it counted most.  Brynn won and is still winning...so don't judge too harshly. 

Spotify metrics

Yeah, that’s a good point. But most of IDF doesn’t care about post show. 

Edited by TeamAudra

9 hours ago, Spurrious said:

Spotify metrics

1. I agree that Kyla had an underwhelming performance in the finale night but lol you're acting like Brynn gave an outstanding performance to prove that she deserved the win. Don't forget majority of Brynn's performances wete BIG TRAINWRECKS. Queen Kyla deserved her win based off of overall run(Just like Queen Chloe).

2. Spotify numbers don't mean anything when we're talking about their on show work. Brynn has these numbers because of what she did Post-show (Not a fan but I appreciate hdr efforts). But when it comes to their On-Show run it was pretty clear that Brynn couldn't  sung on key for the most part.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Both Brynn and Kyla had similar inconsistency issues I'd say, Brynn was much more of an artist but Kyla blows her out of the water in terms of vocals. There were weeks for both where they faltered, in Brynn's case for the vocals and Kyla's for the artistry and delivery. When they didn't falter they were both outstanding, hate me all you want but I'd say both were deserving in different ways, Kyla wasn't head and shoulders above Brynn if we compare the entire runs

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Daillon said:

Kyla was the only one who had great live performances, and even then she was kinda inconsistent throughout her run. She had an awful finale night, but I still think she was the clear winner.

Lol Spensha is country iirc.