The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

40 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

"Home" is a good song, but I'm having a hard time imagining Jim and Sasha singing it. They likely changed the arrangement big time.

And Ariana clearly had them as the winners the whole time : "Jim and Sasha will be one of the coolest performances of the night" (small pause) "But Manny's exciting too"

All they have to do is strip back the instrumentation. Lyrically and melodically, it’s a very folk-friendly song. 

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

All they have to do is strip back the instrumentation. Lyrically and melodically, it’s a very folk-friendly song. 

Yeah it’s an easy song to flip/personalize instrumentally. I’m surprised it took this long to hear it covered on the show personally.

Bella DeNapoli - Chanderlier by Sia 

- She's gonna do OK, her fans should be satisfied. 

Katherine Ann - Poison by Bell Del DeVoi

- This has potential to be really bad, mediocre at best. She deserved better tbh. 

Jeremy Rosado - Run to You by Whitney Houston

- His chance to shine and get that PV2 on Team Kelly. 

Peedy Chavis - UnChain My Heart by Joe Cocker

What can I say, we've seen everything about this guy already. 

Jim and Sasha - Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

- Pretty good safe song for the folk duo. Song is great but I don't trust the duo if I'm being honest. 

Jershika Maple - Inseparable by Natalie Cole

Too similar to her audition

I think i'm in the minority here, but i'm excited to see Jim and Sasha's knockout. I really want to listen how they arranged the song. 

What genre is that song supposed to be, btw? I'm reading posts of people saying that they should have returned to folk. So, are you telling me that song is not "folk"? I'm really ignorant about the topic, so please, ilustrate me. :dead:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I think i'm in the minority here, but i'm excited to see Jim and Sasha's knockout. I really want to listen how they arranged the song. 

What genre is that song supposed to be, btw? I'm reading posts of people saying that they should have returned to folk. So, are you telling me that song is not "folk"? I'm really ignorant about the topic, so please, ilustrate me. :dead:

The song is obviously folk, and it's a perfect song choice for them (on paper at least :haha:

I just listened to poison and wtf? When I saw users tlaking about it, I assumed it was some sort of fast-paced female pop song not meant for singing competitions . I was wrong 😵. I can't imagine Katherine singing that song and if she did good then props to her 👏

Edited by ThrowawayCrayon

The more I listen to Home I actually think it might be a good fit for Jim/Sasha. It is indeed in that folk lane, but more in the indie folk area. They could go for Sufjan Stevens if they want to stay there (and if they actually do good with this song, of course)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pauwis said:

Jeremy's song just reaffirms that Kelly (or the producers) don't care about Gymani .. (again, at least to me)

The contestants, not the coaches pick the Knockout songs so why would any of the song choices have anything to do with what the coaches think of the contestants? Also, you're assuming that Gymani was trying to sing songs from the typical diva songbook and the producers weren't letting her, you don't know that unless you know what songs Gymani submitted, what if her strategy is to do more current pop songs and add her style to them instead of doing more typical diva songs? Considering how well received her Blind was and how many female R&B and gospel contestants are still in the competition doing something to differentiate yourself like that seems smart to me. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

The contestants, not the coaches pick the Knockout songs so why would any of the song choices have anything to do with what the coaches think of the contestants? Also, you're assuming that Gymani was trying to sing songs from the typical diva songbook and the producers weren't letting her, you don't know that unless you know what songs Gymani submitted, what if her strategy is to do more current pop songs and add her style to them instead of doing more typical diva songs? Considering how well received her Blind was and how many female R&B and gospel contestants are still in the competition doing something to differentiate yourself like that seems smart to me. 

not always ...

Gymani is clearly going the current pop route, but still bad song choices to me.
the impact of her blind is for Ariana. Then she got the worst Khalid song (an artist that I love) and Zayn's song (the arrangement was too much because she tried to show all her skills in a song meh)
I'm not saying she should does R&B, Gospel or Soul, but these songs won't get her anywhere.
Jeremy sang Rascal Flatts, beat a Justin Bieber song (his partner got a double steal) and now has the challenge from Whitney. So..

Edited by pauwis
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

The comments on the final pairings reveal are all about Bella and I just saw a tik tok with thousand likes about her being on tomorrows episode. Arianators seems to be really invested on her.

They also seem to be picking Manny, solely on song choice.

To be completly honest, the contestant I'm hoping to be montaged is one of my most disliked The Voice contestants, since Gyth performed God Bless USA. I have no ideia what I prefer, go through that performance again or watch this particular contestant performing with his same impersonator schtick one more time. 

At the same time, I feel bad for the guy who lost, getting montaged yet again. 

Having said that, I'm eager for Jim and Sasha and Jeremy. I'm curious to what they can bring to the table. 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

To be completly honest, the contestant I'm hoping to be montaged is one of my most disliked The Voice contestants, since Gyth performed God Bless USA. I have no ideia what I prefer, go through that performance again or watch this particular contestant performing with his same impersonator schtick one more time. 

At the same time, I feel bad for the guy who lost, getting montaged yet again. 

I mean, i was trying to not be negative but you just said exactly what i think :ph34rwave:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Damn, that much? Lol. 

I personally love the guy, but his style is definitely not for everyone. Even though his reception all across SM has been very positive as a whole (Minivan seems to love him), the people that hate him hate him with passion (MJ from Mjsbigblog  (including some peeps in that blog), Lyndsay Parker). I legit read a comment saying they want to punch him in the face, which is excessive.

But yeah, that's the way it goes when youre on national TV.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I find it interesting that the little bit of footage I’ve seen of him performing is way more toned down or just him sitting while playing guitar and even in the Hollywood Junket interview he mentioned wanting to do a song with just him and a guitar on the show, so it’s curious to me that he appears to be leaning so heavily into that for the third performance in a row. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jem128 said:

I find it interesting that the little bit of footage I’ve seen of him performing is way more toned down or just him sitting while playing guitar and even in the Hollywood Junket interview he mentioned wanting to do a song with just him and a guitar on the show, so it’s curious to me that he appears to be leaning so heavily into that for the third performance in a row. 

His YT account is practically another singer, he's pure folk there, mixing a bit of country. The closest that the came to giving Elvis vibes was in his Paul Simon cover, but not too much. Its an entirely different side of him.

I think he could pull out an acoustic performance on the playoffs. Blake understands that you need to give the audience a bit of everything, so its possible.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I legit read a comment saying they want to punch him in the face, which is excessive.

Ok, i don't like him. He is probably the only contestant in the Top 20 i dislike (Not him as a person, at all, it's just that his style and his voice are not for me). But, people saying that they literally want to phisically assault a contestant is so freaking disgusting. After all, they are real human beings with emotions, and they don't deserve this kind of things. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 6