The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Based on past seasons, I would totally disregard Google Trends for the pre-lives. Once the voting starts, it might tell us a little more, but it hasn’t been nearly as indicative as it used to be. As is the case with all other indicators, we need to be comparing performances on the same episode, which doesn’t happen until voting rounds. Just my two cents. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rodney said:

It's certainly striking to see the graph like that.  However, I think that we should wait for the Lives to see for show.  Google Trends isn't a fully reliable tool to see where things stand until those rounds, because in the pretaped rounds, not everyone on each team is on the same day, or even in the same week.  When they're all at the point that we'll see them in the same day, then that'll be way of an indicator.

Funny, you said almost the exact same thing I said. LOL. I promise I didn’t look at your comment before I typed mine. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Also, I'm gonna be completely honest. Apart from Holly (whose KO actually didnt excite me, but I know what she's capable of, so I'm sticking with her), I dont really care about Ariana's team. Not because of their talent, which I respect, but rather just taste.

Jim and Sasha are the ones that interest me the most after Holly but the show is not treating them that well and Ariana is likely to save one of her girls, so they're likely done in playoffs unless she shows interest in them on Monday.

So if Vaughn comes back and somehow gets in the Top 3 (which I still have my doubts about), I won't be excited, but I wont complain either.

thats sad. anyways

• Haha 4

Deep season. Based on voting likelihood, mixed with random opinions:

Team Kelly:

1) GNT - Probably some of the most heavenly, tight-knit harmonies you'll see in any of these singing competition show, or in today's music scene, so if they can't overcome the so-called group stigma, nothing ever will. I wouldn't even call them old-school or retro, rather they are modernizing those songs to their fellow Z'ers. Points also as the songs they have chosen were not done in other US singing shows before. Banking on their polished professionalism, wide-eyed motivation and religious underpinnings as well to sway core voters and casuals alike.

2) Hailey Mia - Not as unique as GNT, but unique in the sense that she seems poised and way too polished for her age. More than that, I like the fact that she chooses very modern songs. Considering young teenage girls have done well on these sort of shows when they show the ability to hang, her vocal and emotional? maturity bodes well. I wonder if her song choices make for auto-vote choices, which could get her lost in the shuffle. Will the core audience vote for someone singing Tate McRae or Duncan Laurence?

3) Gymani - We always talk about diva belters, but she has a modern thing going for her. She is only 22, but her first three song choices revealed Ariana, ZAYN, and Tate McRae/Khalid, which adds a layer of excitement shows like these always need (no one needs to hear rehashes of 10x covered songs covered yet again). And she sings them well. She definitely has that experience/confidence factor that we expect from that archetype. But modernity generally is a no-no historically for the voting audience, so as with Hailey you wonder about that. She obviously has the potential to take an old song and do it justice, but with other belters in the mix on other (Wendy, Jershika, Shadale, Holly) you wonder if she'll be typecasted as the more "modern" one to differentiate. If that is, might be tougher sledding for votes.

4) Jeremy - Jeremy was a late finals straggler as a 19-year old in AI (13th place), where he was chided for over-dramatics and ladling melisma over each verse without much purpose or direction. Obviously he's older, but some of those sensibilities are still there. The religious underpinnings and conviction in his singing might garner votes, but he has a lot of stiff competition in the religious and belting front across all teams. Just don't think he's a priority, and he's just a weaker member of his archetype.

5) Katie - She seems to have religious underpinnings, but she's just far less compelling, and more generic than her archetype. It is standard to have these fill out the season, to make for easier eliminations.

6) Aaron - He doesn't really make for a compelling comeback, despite the 4-chair turn. Just kind of by-the-book gospel R&B type-certainly competent, but he's a numbers filler as well. The only interesting thing was he chose a Giveon song, which of course will fly over most of the voting audience's heads.

Team John

1) Samuel - He has the raw ingredients, in terms of heart-on-sleeve conviction, song choices to illustrate said conviction, good stage presence, disposition and raw raspy, gritty rock vocals. Marketability won't ever be bandied about a show like this, but he'll hit record execs with that "marketability" factor. Obviously grit-rock has largely gone away with post-grunge fading away a decade ago, but one of his influences, Lewis Capaldi, certainly is bringing shades of that back. But one wonders if he's coasting - you wonder if he can "harness" that extra gear, maybe more modulation to accentuate his grit at important parts? I'm sure he'll figure it out. Also wonder if that marketability aspect doesn't align with the core voting audience - he doesn't necessarily fit the type (his Post Malone type-look/vocals). Despite rockers winning these competitions in the early aughts, but he'll be a good litmus test.

2) David - David has quite a bit going for him, despite being a steal (like Hailey on team Kelly). In the early aughts when we had that lineage of WGWG light rock winners in their early/mid 20s, and were considered good-looking males, David also fits that bill - he also appears genuine and likeable, and translates well across TV. He's clearly got his own space on this show, with a Boys-Like-Girls emo pop punk style that easily harkens back to 2005-2008. In fact, kudos to that style - I don't think we have ever had emo pop punk in catch-all singing shows, with the exception XFUS's Emblem3. That's always good for stage presence, a compelling vibe and a good contrast to what's offered in these shows. I actually liked his audition best, where he showed conviction, good tempo and switch-ups. Sometimes you want more grit out of him-his vocals are clear as a bell, actually somewhat of a rarity in the rock space, and let's hope he doesn't indulge in the Guitar-hero type vibe his battle gave off. You do wonder if the indulgence in that vibe, as well as the fact that voters might prefer more grit and less emo out of their rockers, hurts him. But the teenage girl contingent of the aughts would gravitate towards this sound. With John's type not really have that auto vote-bait, I'm putting him here. 

3) Shadale - I like Shadale, but let's be real. She might be gospel reared, but deep down she just has too much swag for the audience. You won't really see people performing her audition song in that style in these shows, with that sort of confidence. Fashion sense, Beyonce swag - again like Samuel, record exec, you think of that marketability. Certainly John sees it based on some of those references. Problem is, that vibe is likely not going to get votes with the core audience, and not enough Beyonce stans or millenial casuals will step up to the plate. At the same time, tamping her down to belting songs for the audience might not be unleashing her true capabilities, so hedging can become problematic. It's tough with people like her on these shows, but I can see doing very well in her style, and John really pushing his chips in her direction to give her the best chance. 

4) Joshua - It's hard to say Joshua's a numbers-filler, because of that theater-reared pop archetype, he does that really well, and he's shown up-tempo and ballads in his three performances entering lives. He's compelling. But is this vote bait, and how invested in John in him?

5) Samara- I think Samara's slightly more interesting than Jershika, but we're just mincing words here, and this won't matter in the grand. Like Jershika, her song choices were all throwbacky. Her sister Amanda had this kind of rocky R&B vibe, while Samara has good dynamics but lacks that next-level grit to bring her up. 

6) Jershika - Of the religious R&B belter archetypes, she feels the most forgotten. We have seen her type many times, but the Voice doubled or tripled down on her archetype in lives. We vote by team, but don't think she'll inspire voters that much.

Team Ariana:

1) Holly - With Ariana's team, I'm just going to jump straight to the person with the good voice and the story combination. She easily seems like the person on Ariana's team that voters will latch onto. She's good at what she does, but her voice feels pop-R&B rather than R&B-pop, which means that some of her vocal decisions may be a bit more by-the-book than the belters on other teams. When voting by team, she stands out, but once it's an all-out-vote, with vote dilution, she's going to lose some of that momentum. She's older, but she's covered some modern songs on youtube-so far her song choices are oldie-but-goodie types.

2) Bella - Somewhat by default. If she was on Team Kelly, for instance, she'd probably be 4th. She's probably more pop singer-songwriter with a pseudo folk-vibe a la Colbie Caillat, another DiGuardi acolyte. She's polished, keeps her voice tight and consistent, and clearly has years of training, but she doesn't seem really like vote-bait. We've had our Caitlin Caporales, Didi Benami types, and they don't do all that well. She's on a light vote-bait chance so she will get more opportunities to impress, however, and she does have more polish than her archetype. We'll see.

3) Vaughn - I'm going a leap here, as the only non-group guy on the team; I'm not sure how these comebacks work, but if Vaughn beats his contingent of 4 and gets a chance to perform on Ariana's team, he'll get a chance. He's the only non-group guy on the team, and the Filipino contingent will give him a chance especially when the field is wider. He's got an earnestness and a likeability factor, and I actually thought his rap-singing ad-libs in "Dilemma" were fun (not voting material and kind of against type on  this show, but shows diversity). 

4) Ryleigh - She presents like underground, "Badlands" Halsey before she went fully pop mainstream. Good pop flourishes. But it's also tried and true, and I'm not sure if she can really establish a voting base. Normally, she would be a knockout elim, but in this team, a coach's save can be likely.

5) Jim and Sasha Allen - They will have the group stigma, and their voices are on the lighter side and their performances so far don't scream "vote for me" so far. They are clearly branding themselves folk-first, with Sasha having the way better voice (and some stage presence in the battle montage). Not sure what the dad adds musically, but the group does feel it is story-based. Ultimately just not sure if this gets votes.

6) Raquel - Another AI castoff, she's clearly got confidence, swag, and those Rihanna comparisons make some sense. Again, though, if Rihanna or Beyonce entered this show as unknowns and were green, I'm not sure the voters would give them much rope. She's more of a vibe singer with presence and some riffs/runs, but nothing crazy with modulations. There's definitely the marketability factor with record execs, but we're dealing with voters here.

Team Blake

1) Wendy- Feels like Wendy, right? There's that argument that older women don't get votes, and an argument that polished pros who have had hits shouldn't be on the show. But at some point there's stuff that supersedes that, and Wendy being on Team Blake, having all those country connections and still being a very compelling belter paints this as an interesting story. She also R&B'ed the Beatles and Sting, which I thought was a clever move to show some diversity when we get the chance in the non-voting rounds (before the song choices become more safe and homogenized). If there's a chance of an black woman with R&B pipes to win, I think it's this one.

2) Peedy- I actually like that whole Elvis schtick out of him, and he's got great stage presence and disposition. You could argue he goes past that line and it feels put-on, in a kind of Taylor Hicks sort of way. But you can see this as endearing to the voting audience, especially since he's barely out of his teenage years. His voice clearly isn't the best, but like the guys on John's team, he brings a great contrast to the other performances on the show. His Southern Georgia roots will help as well, as well as being the only guy on Team Blake (well, other than Paris). You can tell Blake didn't want country guys this season after Kenzie made it top 2 last year and Jordan Matthew Young's country-rock made it top 3. He isn't going full Austin Jenckes on us, as Peedy brings more polish despite the younger age, but they are trying to tamp down the guy country. This is the alternative. I'm not sure if Peedy will run out of steam in the semis and maybe only make top 7, because he isn't for everyone and doesn't present as country, but we'll see.

3) Hailey Green - Like Vaughn, assuming Hailey makes it out of the comeback, I think voters will take to her more due to her badass-Southern take-no-prisoners vibe. She's more rock than country, a Gretchen Wilson type, but brings that stage presence and energy that presents well on TV and offers a contrast. I think she gets a good shot.

4) LiBianca - I actually think LiBianca could be 5th and swap with Lana Scott (and maybe even 6th with Paris). She has a good laid-back vibe in the middle range but mostly sticks there. Might be too laid back, especially for voting. It's compelling, she's chosen modern songs in SZA and Billie Eilish, but that's just another excuse for the audience to not know the song and not vote for her based on that. I'm not sure how much flexibility she has to up her votes. But she's more polished than Lana, has more screentime and promotion than Paris, so I'm hedging here.

5) Lana - She has that perky pop-country vibe and her song choices-Kelsea Ballerini and Maren Morris-clearly reflect those influences. That might be too new-school for the audience, though, so I'm hedging on this one. 

6) Paris - I liked his rendition of Superstition, and he's clearly old-school reared. It's tried and true, and numbers filler. But there's a chance if he really brings his A game he might slide to 4th.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

I wasnt convinced at first, but yeah, I'm betting Bella is getting the 2nd PV. She has a lot of hype around her.

What I'm most curious is Ari's save. On paper the clear choice is Ryleigh, but Ari is clearly an emotional person who is gonna be a wreck in the POs. Her decision might come from the heart or she might just say a random name.

She better pick the right person and that’s Raquel 

30 minutes ago, jork said:

Team Kelly:

1) GNT - Probably some of the most heavenly, tight-knit harmonies you'll see in any of these singing competition show, or in today's music scene, so if they can't overcome the so-called group stigma, nothing ever will. I wouldn't even call them old-school or retro, rather they are modernizing those songs to their fellow Z'ers. Points also as the songs they have chosen were not done in other US singing shows before. Banking on their polished professionalism, wide-eyed motivation and religious underpinnings as well to sway core voters and casuals alike.

2) Hailey Mia - Not as unique as GNT, but unique in the sense that she seems poised and way too polished for her age. More than that, I like the fact that she chooses very modern songs. Considering young teenage girls have done well on these sort of shows when they show the ability to hang, her vocal and emotional? maturity bodes well. I wonder if her song choices make for auto-vote choices, which could get her lost in the shuffle. Will the core audience vote for someone singing Tate McRae or Duncan Laurence?

3) Gymani - We always talk about diva belters, but she has a modern thing going for her. She is only 22, but her first three song choices revealed Ariana, ZAYN, and Tate McRae/Khalid, which adds a layer of excitement shows like these always need (no one needs to hear rehashes of 10x covered songs covered yet again). And she sings them well. She definitely has that experience/confidence factor that we expect from that archetype. But modernity generally is a no-no historically for the voting audience, so as with Hailey you wonder about that. She obviously has the potential to take an old song and do it justice, but with other belters in the mix on other (Wendy, Jershika, Shadale, Holly) you wonder if she'll be typecasted as the more "modern" one to differentiate. If that is, might be tougher sledding for votes.

4) Jeremy - Jeremy was a late finals straggler as a 19-year old in AI (13th place), where he was chided for over-dramatics and ladling melisma over each verse without much purpose or direction. Obviously he's older, but some of those sensibilities are still there. The religious underpinnings and conviction in his singing might garner votes, but he has a lot of stiff competition in the religious and belting front across all teams. Just don't think he's a priority, and he's just a weaker member of his archetype.

5) Katie - She seems to have religious underpinnings, but she's just far less compelling, and more generic than her archetype. It is standard to have these fill out the season, to make for easier eliminations.

6) Aaron - He doesn't really make for a compelling comeback, despite the 4-chair turn. Just kind of by-the-book gospel R&B type-certainly competent, but he's a numbers filler as well. The only interesting thing was he chose a Giveon song, which of course will fly over most of the voting audience's heads.

Team John

1) Samuel - He has the raw ingredients, in terms of heart-on-sleeve conviction, song choices to illustrate said conviction, good stage presence, disposition and raw raspy, gritty rock vocals. Marketability won't ever be bandied about a show like this, but he'll hit record execs with that "marketability" factor. Obviously grit-rock has largely gone away with post-grunge fading away a decade ago, but one of his influences, Lewis Capaldi, certainly is bringing shades of that back. But one wonders if he's coasting - you wonder if he can "harness" that extra gear, maybe more modulation to accentuate his grit at important parts? I'm sure he'll figure it out. Also wonder if that marketability aspect doesn't align with the core voting audience - he doesn't necessarily fit the type (his Post Malone type-look/vocals). Despite rockers winning these competitions in the early aughts, but he'll be a good litmus test.

2) David - David has quite a bit going for him, despite being a steal (like Hailey on team Kelly). In the early aughts when we had that lineage of WGWG light rock winners in their early/mid 20s, and were considered good-looking males, David also fits that bill - he also appears genuine and likeable, and translates well across TV. He's clearly got his own space on this show, with a Boys-Like-Girls emo pop punk style that easily harkens back to 2005-2008. In fact, kudos to that style - I don't think we have ever had emo pop punk in catch-all singing shows, with the exception XFUS's Emblem3. That's always good for stage presence, a compelling vibe and a good contrast to what's offered in these shows. I actually liked his audition best, where he showed conviction, good tempo and switch-ups. Sometimes you want more grit out of him-his vocals are clear as a bell, actually somewhat of a rarity in the rock space, and let's hope he doesn't indulge in the Guitar-hero type vibe his battle gave off. You do wonder if the indulgence in that vibe, as well as the fact that voters might prefer more grit and less emo out of their rockers, hurts him. But the teenage girl contingent of the aughts would gravitate towards this sound. With John's type not really have that auto vote-bait, I'm putting him here. 

3) Shadale - I like Shadale, but let's be real. She might be gospel reared, but deep down she just has too much swag for the audience. You won't really see people performing her audition song in that style in these shows, with that sort of confidence. Fashion sense, Beyonce swag - again like Samuel, record exec, you think of that marketability. Certainly John sees it based on some of those references. Problem is, that vibe is likely not going to get votes with the core audience, and not enough Beyonce stans or millenial casuals will step up to the plate. At the same time, tamping her down to belting songs for the audience might not be unleashing her true capabilities, so hedging can become problematic. It's tough with people like her on these shows, but I can see doing very well in her style, and John really pushing his chips in her direction to give her the best chance. 

4) Joshua - It's hard to say Joshua's a numbers-filler, because of that theater-reared pop archetype, he does that really well, and he's shown up-tempo and ballads in his three performances entering lives. He's compelling. But is this vote bait, and how invested in John in him?

5) Samara- I think Samara's slightly more interesting than Jershika, but we're just mincing words here, and this won't matter in the grand. Like Jershika, her song choices were all throwbacky. Her sister Amanda had this kind of rocky R&B vibe, while Samara has good dynamics but lacks that next-level grit to bring her up. 

6) Jershika - Of the religious R&B belter archetypes, she feels the most forgotten. We have seen her type many times, but the Voice doubled or tripled down on her archetype in lives. We vote by team, but don't think she'll inspire voters that much.

Team Ariana:

1) Holly - With Ariana's team, I'm just going to jump straight to the person with the good voice and the story combination. She easily seems like the person on Ariana's team that voters will latch onto. She's good at what she does, but her voice feels pop-R&B rather than R&B-pop, which means that some of her vocal decisions may be a bit more by-the-book than the belters on other teams. When voting by team, she stands out, but once it's an all-out-vote, with vote dilution, she's going to lose some of that momentum. She's older, but she's covered some modern songs on youtube-so far her song choices are oldie-but-goodie types.

2) Bella - Somewhat by default. If she was on Team Kelly, for instance, she'd probably be 4th. She's probably more pop singer-songwriter with a pseudo folk-vibe a la Colbie Caillat, another DiGuardi acolyte. She's polished, keeps her voice tight and consistent, and clearly has years of training, but she doesn't seem really like vote-bait. We've had our Caitlin Caporales, Didi Benami types, and they don't do all that well. She's on a light vote-bait chance so she will get more opportunities to impress, however, and she does have more polish than her archetype. We'll see.

3) Vaughn - I'm going a leap here, as the only non-group guy on the team; I'm not sure how these comebacks work, but if Vaughn beats his contingent of 4 and gets a chance to perform on Ariana's team, he'll get a chance. He's the only non-group guy on the team, and the Filipino contingent will give him a chance especially when the field is wider. He's got an earnestness and a likeability factor, and I actually thought his rap-singing ad-libs in "Dilemma" were fun (not voting material and kind of against type on  this show, but shows diversity). 

4) Ryleigh - She presents like underground, "Badlands" Halsey before she went fully pop mainstream. Good pop flourishes. But it's also tried and true, and I'm not sure if she can really establish a voting base. Normally, she would be a knockout elim, but in this team, a coach's save can be likely.

5) Jim and Sasha Allen - They will have the group stigma, and their voices are on the lighter side and their performances so far don't scream "vote for me" so far. They are clearly branding themselves folk-first, with Sasha having the way better voice (and some stage presence in the battle montage). Not sure what the dad adds musically, but the group does feel it is story-based. Ultimately just not sure if this gets votes.

6) Raquel - Another AI castoff, she's clearly got confidence, swag, and those Rihanna comparisons make some sense. Again, though, if Rihanna or Beyonce entered this show as unknowns and were green, I'm not sure the voters would give them much rope. She's more of a vibe singer with presence and some riffs/runs, but nothing crazy with modulations. There's definitely the marketability factor with record execs, but we're dealing with voters here.

Team Blake

1) Wendy- Feels like Wendy, right? There's that argument that older women don't get votes, and an argument that polished pros who have had hits shouldn't be on the show. But at some point there's stuff that supersedes that, and Wendy being on Team Blake, having all those country connections and still being a very compelling belter paints this as an interesting story. She also R&B'ed the Beatles and Sting, which I thought was a clever move to show some diversity when we get the chance in the non-voting rounds (before the song choices become more safe and homogenized). If there's a chance of an black woman with R&B pipes to win, I think it's this one.

2) Peedy- I actually like that whole Elvis schtick out of him, and he's got great stage presence and disposition. You could argue he goes past that line and it feels put-on, in a kind of Taylor Hicks sort of way. But you can see this as endearing to the voting audience, especially since he's barely out of his teenage years. His voice clearly isn't the best, but like the guys on John's team, he brings a great contrast to the other performances on the show. His Southern Georgia roots will help as well, as well as being the only guy on Team Blake (well, other than Paris). You can tell Blake didn't want country guys this season after Kenzie made it top 2 last year and Jordan Matthew Young's country-rock made it top 3. He isn't going full Austin Jenckes on us, as Peedy brings more polish despite the younger age, but they are trying to tamp down the guy country. This is the alternative. I'm not sure if Peedy will run out of steam in the semis and maybe only make top 7, because he isn't for everyone and doesn't present as country, but we'll see.

3) Hailey Green - Like Vaughn, assuming Hailey makes it out of the comeback, I think voters will take to her more due to her badass-Southern take-no-prisoners vibe. She's more rock than country, a Gretchen Wilson type, but brings that stage presence and energy that presents well on TV and offers a contrast. I think she gets a good shot.

4) LiBianca - I actually think LiBianca could be 5th and swap with Lana Scott (and maybe even 6th with Paris). She has a good laid-back vibe in the middle range but mostly sticks there. Might be too laid back, especially for voting. It's compelling, she's chosen modern songs in SZA and Billie Eilish, but that's just another excuse for the audience to not know the song and not vote for her based on that. I'm not sure how much flexibility she has to up her votes. But she's more polished than Lana, has more screentime and promotion than Paris, so I'm hedging here.

5) Lana - She has that perky pop-country vibe and her song choices-Kelsea Ballerini and Maren Morris-clearly reflect those influences. That might be too new-school for the audience, though, so I'm hedging on this one. 

6) Paris - I liked his rendition of Superstition, and he's clearly old-school reared. It's tried and true, and numbers filler. But there's a chance if he really brings his A game he might slide to 4th.

Very interesting reasonings. I agree with you on pretty much everything except I'd put Jeremy higher on Team Kelly. I think he's being underestimated here.

Edited by Misirlou

31 minutes ago, jork said:

Team Kelly:

Team John

Team Ariana:

Team Blake

Hailey Mia really got y’all in a chokehold 😂😂 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I dont think Minivan is in love with Vaughn either, so he's likely not a problem there as well.

I've seen thousands of Twitter posts of Arianators saying their "holy trinity" is Holly, Bella and Ryleigh. Vaughn might have appealed to them since he was pretty much the first member of Ari's team they met via the leak, but now they got their dream team and they're likely gonna fume if they dont get it lol.

Seems like good news for Hailey then. 👀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Seems like good news for Hailey then. 👀

It appears so. 

I could also be completely wrong though and they just want Ariana to have a win of some kind lol. We'll see.

I want to see their reactions to the official comeback announcement, if its either " Hey, vote for Vaughn" or "Nah, we already have the holy trinity, we don't need him".

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

Final Knockout Pairs

Shadale Johnson - Impossible by Shontelle vs Samara Brown - The Best by Tina Turner

Carson Peters - Amarillo by Morning by George Strait vs Lana Scott - Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift

Bella DeNapoli - Chanderlier by Sia vs Katherine Ann - Poison by Bell Del DeVoi

Jeremy Rosado - Run to You by Whitney Houston vs Xavier Cornell - Falling Slowly by Glen Hansard

Berritt Haynes - I Swear by John Michael Montgomery vs Peedy Chavis - UnChain My Heart by Joe Cocker

Manny Keith - Golden by Harry Styles vs Jim and Sasha - Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

Paris Winningham - Tennessee Whiskey by Chris Stapleton vs Jershika Maple - Unseperable by Natalie Cole

Pairings for Monday:

J: Shadale (Impossible-Shontelle) vs Samara Brown (The Best - Tina Turner)

B: Lana Scott (Wildest Dreams - Taylor Swift) vs Carson Peters (Amarillo by Morning - George Strait)

A: Bella Denapoli (Chandelier - Sia) vs Katherine Ann Mohler (Poison - Bell Biv DeVoe)

K: Jeremy Rosado (Run to You - Whitney Houston) vs Xavier Cornell (Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard)

B: Peedy Chavis (Unchain My Heart - Joe Cocker) vs Berritt Haynes ( I Swear - John Michael Montgomery)

A: Jim and Sasha (Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes) vs Manny Keith (Golden - Harry Styles)

J: Jershika Maple (Inseparable - Natalie Cole) vs Paris Winningham (Tennessee Whiskey - Chris Stapleton)