@*Lily - 9/20

@Alex95 - 11/20

@*Amanda - 11/20

@taylorkat - 12/20

@sublymonal - 12/20

@rdhaley96 - 13/20

@FrogLenzen - 15/20

Zoey

She was just so damn sexy. I was a fan from the start! By far her best overall performance.

Crisis

My crowning achievement. :wub:

All jokes aside, I knew this performance would be in my Top 5 when this round was announced. After considering everything, I’m placing it first. It’s not the best performance from a vocal standpoint, but it’s really enjoyable, and it was nice to see Haley loosen up after the previous couple of weeks. I don’t know where this will place, but it’ll be interesting to see.

Sola

I love this performance. One of the most memorable from its season, sue me. This performance remains underrated.

QK

This is ranked this high solely because she is super hot and just like Simon I really enjoyed the "performance". 

Steven

Haley's vocals weren't great here, but kudos to her for working the stage. It was a fun performance, but I don't think it was worth making the Top 20 of the Season 6 round (and I actually did like Haley). But in a round of last placers, this is kind of a fun guilty pleasure that ranks high.

Wally

I do really like this Haley performance. I thought this was her standout performance of her run and it’s my favorite from her. With all that said, I just don’t think it’s quite a Top 20 worthy performance. I would have preferred many other performances here over this one. But I do respect that Crisis was going to fight to have a performance from his (or one of?) favorite so I respect it.

“Tell Him” was a fun performance that really highlighted Haley in her best light as a singer and performer. She got to be cutesy and flirty here and the song is such a great match for her voice. This performance also birthed “Halegs” where she would wear shorts or short dresses in her performances… which became a popular thing back in the AI6 days. :haha: Some of my favorite parts from this performance are where she sings the chorus and the second verse.

I know something about love. You gotta take it and

Show him what the world is made of, one kiss will prove it

If you want him to be always by your side

Take his hand tonight and swallow your foolish pride and.

Tell him that you're never gonna leave him

Tell him that you're always gonna love him

Tell him, tell him, tell him, tell him right now

And ooh I do love all of her little flirty dancing she does throughout the performance. Okay this was kinda a hot performance. :giggle: Still not Top 20 worthy for me but yeah a this was lot of fun to watch.

Reason for this #6 ranking: LOL Yeah I was pretty upset this made the Top 20 over many other stronger performances, especially with Stephanie and Sabirna getting shafted. But based on these performances, this is a big guilty pleasure and is one of my favorites here. I do really enjoy this enough to place it 6th as I prefer the other 5 more.

Chris

One of my guilty pleasure performance from Season 6 ; Haley gave us her best vocal performance on this and the performance was super fun. 

Nico

It somehow circles back to entertaining so there is that I guess

Elliott

Queen. :wub: Haley Scarnato was kind of a meme contestant before meme contestants were a thing, but she showed everyone she could SANG with this. ❤️

Diana

she is a guilty pleasure of mine lol

Akshar

Oh, yes! She got my attention instantly and had it throughout the performance. This was such a fun performance that I truly enjoyed and loved listening to. 

Lily

Nothing special but it was a clear weak link in its first game. Compared to some of these performances, not quite as bad.

Alex

Similar to Ryan or Dalton, has the added bonus of being an entertaining mess. This came way too close to winning for my liking, but now I can laugh at it with the rest of you.

Amanda

This is fine. It ends up here because I don't care for anything below it.

Gigi

She's okay, but the superior Haley is Haley Reinhart, of course!

Andrew

Forever Iconic

Richard

Mediocre vocal, but this lands as high as it does for me because she performed the song quite well. Great stage presence.

Derek

Sanjaya has a better tone and is more exciting.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Last Placers - #2 Posted)

1. Carly Smithson "Total Eclipse of the Heart"

WES0Xc1.png

5.6/20

Watch Here

@*Amanda - 1/20

@sublymonal - 1/20

@*Diana - 2/20

@*Lily - 2/20

@Elliott - 2/20

@Steven_ - 2/20

@*Chris - 2/20

@taylorkat - 3/20

@QueenKalie - 3/20

@NGM - 3/20

@FrogLenzen - 7/20

@Alex95 - 8/20

@jarmon - 8/20

@Zoey - 8/20

@Solaris - 9/20

@Crisis - 9/20

@*Wallace - 14/20

@rdhaley96 - 16/20

Amanda

The standout amongst these last placers for me. I love this and think it is a great performance from Carly.

Andrew

She’s an icon, she’s a legend and she deserves to win something

Diana

queen deserved better

Lily

I thought this was a good performance for the mostpart, however felt like she could have gone so much bigger with a song like this. But no real qualms.

Elliott

I'm not bitter this was one of Carly's songs in the finals over like half of her run, why do you ask? 🙂 Carly sang this well as she always did, but it's a bit forgettable by her standards. But it's Carly so naturally I have to rank it high.

Steven

This is a performance that should've been better than it was. Simon was right that it just didn't all come together perfectly. It was still a good performance. I just think Carly could've done better. But one of Carly's lesser performances still outshines nearly everything else here.

Chris

Still surprised that this performance came in at #20 for Season 7. Anyway, certainly one of the better performance featured in this Bottom 20, and honestly, you can't really compare it to most of the performances that received the precious 20th place during their season. 

Gigi

Not her best performance, but I do like it.

QK

This is another performance where I feel like there probably weren't 19 performances better. It's no masterpiece of course but it wasn't bad.

Nico

Never forget how much we screwed over Carly in this rankdown by dragging this to the Top 20 for no actual f*cking reason

Derek

This probably doesn’t belong in this group but tbh it was shouty and seemed hard for her and me to get through

Alex

She's very lucky she's Thee Carly Smithson, because I don't think it wins otherwise. Carly on her worst day is better than most these people on their best, but this still wasn't a great performance. But Carly Smithson winning an IDF game? Here! For! It!

Akshar

OH MY GOD, YES! I love this song so much and Carly did a great job with it. I loved her lower register and it was so hauntingly beautiful. An amazing performance from Carly that had me singing along, wonderful!

Zoey

It was decent but she had better.

Sola

It’s no Jessica Sierra version, but its solid.

Crisis

Carly had better performances available than this, so this advancing to the Top 20 was somewhat shocking. It wasn’t one of her better vocals, but it ranks in my Top 10 because it’s better than most of the performances in this set.

Wally

I may be in the minority but Carly was kind of a hit-or-miss type contestant for me (and this applies to a number of AI7 contestants for me). There’s no denying that Carly is a strong vocalist but some of her performances left me cold and wanting more….. and this was one of those performances. This was also on my potential cut list (either as a duo cut or a solo cut) but then this got advanced right away which I was not expecting. :haha: I would have preferred “Blackbird” or “Superstar” in place of this performance. Or plenty of other performances from other contestants.

Anyway, I thought this was alright. She sang the start fine at the star. But I felt she was reallly on the edge of pushing those bigger notes and it did sound kinda rough and not so great for me. :( I did agree with Simon that this performance came off tense and it didn’t quite work. Alright performance but not really Top 20 for me [for Season 7 standards].

Reason for this #14 ranking: Not my favorite but this performance falls here by kinda by default. I had a hard time figuring out where to rank this but I think #14 works for me. I'm certainly sure this performance will do really well here. This was stacked against much stronger performances in a very strong Season 7 Top 20, whereas that isn't the case here. Plus Carly is quite well liked here, so I'm sure this can make the Top 5.

Richard

On paper, this should have been a great song for Carly, but it was ultimately lacking. Her vocal was shouty, and the performance overall came across as stiff and disjointed.

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Last Placers - #1 Posted)

Ahh yeah this Top 2 went in the order I was expecting.

I knew Haley's would come in 2nd so well done to her there. This was a really fun and hot performance. QK's comments doesn't surprise me, lol. But what does shock me is me ranking this Haley performance higher than Elliott? :wacko: :dead: 

And also knew Carly's TEOTH would have been #1 and not surprised it won with that wide of a margin in points. I do agree with those, with this song choice she had, it should/could have been better. But I get the high ranks and love for this. I just preferred many of her other performances.

This was such a fun chaotic and messy round comparing all of these performances together. :dead:

Halegs in the Top 2! :wub:

I expected either a Lisa or Carly win, the former because of it being the best performance and the latter due to having a lot of support.

Looking at the runner ups, yikes that round is going to be stacked!