American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown

Alex95

And with that, 20 seasons in, Noah Thompson becomes the first winner to be completely shut out. Deserved? Probably not. But I guess that's what happens when every single one of your performances is so unremarkable.

I wouldn't have been opposed to Stay or Landslide advancing, but I certainly wasn't gonna fight for either of them when there's plenty of more priorities.

• Like 4

I really thought they did it with the Laine win. Found the most regular person in the world to be the winner. But then they found Noah. He was never actively bad. He came across as authentic. But his tone, range, ability to move within his range, stage presence, performance quality, looks, arrangements, etc. were all average or lower. You can walk around Nashville in any given night and find a dozen better Noahs singing in bars and at karaoke. 

His win proves that a lot of people tune in to American Idol to discover/watch someone like Noah. I am not one of those people.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I really thought they did it with the Laine win. Found the most regular person in the world to be the winner. But then they found Noah. He was never actively bad. He came across as authentic. But his tone, range, ability to move within his range, stage presence, performance quality, looks, arrangements, etc. were all average or lower. You can walk around Nashville in any given night and find a dozen better Noahs singing in bars and at karaoke. 

His win proves that a lot of people tune in to American Idol to discover/watch someone like Noah. I am not one of those people.

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

And with that, 20 seasons in, Noah Thompson becomes the first winner to be completely shut out. Deserved? Probably not. But I guess that's what happens when every single one of your performances is so unremarkable.

I wouldn't have been opposed to Stay or Landslide advancing, but I certainly wasn't gonna fight for either of them when there's plenty of more priorities.

I agree with pretty much everything you both said. "Stay" was also my favorite of his, but like Alex said, while it wasn't a performance I was going to target, it was also never a performance I was going to fight for either. :haha: 

2 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Landslide is actually one of my least favourite performances of Noah’s but I was hoping Heartbreak Warfare, Stay, Cover Me Up or Painted Blue would make it

4 hours ago, Zoey said:

I was paired with the least offensive person on this forum so you can only imagine how our discussions are going for this. ❤️:rofl:

We're....... making progress, at least. 🙈

We should have this decided by tomorrow. :haha: 

• Haha 1

48 hours to petty cut a song of your choosing! As long as it's not highlighted in blue or yelow, it's available to be cut. The performances that survive will move on to the voting round

@Crisis @*Chris @Solaris @rdhaley96 @FrogLenzen @taylorkat @totes4totes @sublymonal @*Amanda @1234567890 @NGM @QueenKalie @Zoey @*Wallace @hayden98 @*Diana @jarmon @Elliott @Steven_

• Alex95 changed the title to American Idol Performances Mini Rankdown (Season 20 - Round 5)