• Season 11
    • Season 12
    • Season 13
    • Season 14
    • Season 15
    • Season 16
    • Season 17
    • Season 18

Wow, S18 leading? The only season in which they didn’t have to prove they can sing live on the stage for millions of viewers? I like several of the contestants, but that “lives” setup was trash. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 4

Season seventeen got my vote.  Loaded with Talent, all four coaches really delivering in song choices, and most of all, the first post-Adam season!

Shane, Hello Sunday, Kat, and probably Will getting too far was a low point, but otherwise, otherwise, a strong, solid season.

I also like season eight, ten, eleven, twelve before semi-finalists, thirteen before the semifinals fourteen, and sixteen.

The Season 5, 6 & 9 erasure, I-

Season 18 delivered Todd to me so I voted for it, but I definitely would have voted for Season 5. Best overall cast, chockfull of memorable performances (even the duet/group numbers are terrific) and the season that made me invested in the franchise.

• Like 1

Season 13 is the strongest to date.

S13 (God Tier)

S17, & S10 (Fantastic Tier)

S12 (Strong Group)

S15 (strong pool, flop decisions)

S14 (eh)

S18 (eh, but it was COVID's fault)

S16 (would go in the trash if it weren't for the winner...)

S11 (belongs in the trash)

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

From this group I'd say

1- S18 ( Todd makes it 100% for me )

2- S13 ( great cast , great results )

3- S17  ( This season could've been ranked higher but I think Mendeleyev and Kyndal deserved to be in top 13

The rest ...

* S16 

Overall I'd say S5 is the best season with season 9 being a close second. 

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 1

Definitely S17 for me, great talent with a lot of memorable moments, the final 4 were correctly chosen in my opinion, and just all around great vibes throught. Also enjoyed S13 and S15 a lot. And S10 gave me Laith, perhaps my favorite artist on the show.

I liked S18 but I agree with TeamAudra that we didn´t get to hear them under the same circustances as the other contestants, so I can´t really rank it with the rest.(All the contestants  can sing,  but whether you can do it under pressure and in front of millions without editing whatsoever it´s another story). That being said, at the same it feels kind of unfair to judge them this way because it was all COVID´s fault, and props to them for finishing the season still. 

Overall:

S17

S13/S15

S10

S12

S16

S14

S11

I mean... Just take a look at this wonderful cast (ignore The Bellas and Red Marlow please lol 😂) :

Season 13! Nuff said. 

Season 18 had potential but the whole live format was trash. Average season at best. 

Edited by echoap
Red Marlow
  • Like 2

This is season 4/5/6/9 erasure and I will not stand for it 😜

In all seriousness, here's my ranking. Season 18 excluded given COVID-19 impacted the live shows, so it didn't feel fair to pit it against the other seasons (though it did have one of my favorite top 3 lineups of all time).

• Season 13 (strong cast, several strong performances from a number of different artists throughout the lives, not super-predictable outcome, varied genres in the finale)
  • Season 17 (strong cast, diverse finale, several artists that interested me, a couple of artists had really strong live performances, but had a predictable winner)
  • Season 15 (decent cast, Robegate made it interesting/memorable, a couple really strong live performances, not really any artists I was super-invested in, less diverse finale, surprising winner) 
  • Season 12 (honestly underrated as a whole, solid cast, several strong performances throughout the lives, finale with some interesting acts, losing all the four-chair turns by the top 12 was unexpected but made it feel more wide-open of a season for a couple weeks)
  • Season 10 (solid cast, the only season where comeback artists survived the playoffs, several solid live performances from a couple of artists, less diverse finale but it included most of my favorites from the live rounds, two clear-cut front-runners made it less fun to watch, really solid winner)
  • Season 14 (underwhelming casting, solid live performances repeatedly from one contestant with others having decent moments along the way, finale was more diverse than I expected, not my favorite winner but not totally undeserving either) 
  • Season 11 (underwhelming casting, a couple of solid live performances, one of the biggest robberies of a semifinals Instant Save to date, mediocre finale but the most consistent of the acts won)
  • Season 16 (had a ton of potential then the Cross Battles happened, shortened season with a format that hurt more of the "unconventional" acts, non-diverse finale but at least the winner redeemed it)
  • Like 1

Season 13, obviously

Season 12

Season 17

Season 15

Season 14

Season 18

Season 16 (replace maelyn with god forbid another gyth and I might have to say put it below 11)

Season 11

Forgot Season 10 while typing definitely insert between 17 and 15.

16 hours ago, echoap said:

I mean... Just take a look at this wonderful cast (ignore The Bellas please):

Season 13! Nuff said.

Well, eleven of the twelve were anywhere from good to great.

. . . And then, there was Red.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

• Season 14 (underwhelming casting, solid live performances repeatedly from one contestant with others having decent moments along the way

is this referring to Kyla? As much as I love her, she did cry in the middle of "This is Me," which didn't make her performance bad but it was not as amazing as other performances

1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

is this referring to Kyla? As much as I love her, she did cry in the middle of "This is Me," which didn't make her performance bad but it was not as amazing as other performances

Lol yup - I will concede that if we're just talking vocally then "This is Me" was one of her weaker performances, but the emotional moment and the fact she clearly connected with the message behind the song balanced it out for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Lol yup - I will concede that if we're just talking vocally then "This is Me" was one of her weaker performances, but the emotional moment and the fact she clearly connected with the message behind the song balanced it out for me.

yeah, Kyla was a frontrunner for sure and very consistent; I think it's nice to see some emotion in signing, even if it detracts from the power (but not pitch)

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Every time the discussion of the contestants reading social media comments comes up, Kyla’s is the first name that comes to mind. Why do they read it.